Ventura Med Fly Cruises - Massive Discounting by agent. How?

kevinyork

Have spotted today a major online agent offering big discounts on spring 2014 Med Fly Cruises. As an example P&O Early Saver deal on their website £749 for 7 days. Online agent £499 incl 2 nights in a hotel in Venice.

How can they be offering such massive discounts given their low commission rate from P&O? Does this suggest the Fly Cruises are not selling well?

Have spotted today a major online agent offering big discounts on spring 2014 Med Fly Cruises. As an example P&O Early Saver deal on their website £749 for 7 days. Online agent £499 incl 2 nights in a hotel in Venice.

How can they be offering such massive discounts given their low commission rate from P&O? Does this suggest the Fly Cruises are not selling well?

Two points, they cannot go it alone, commercial disaster.

I have never been convinced about the sense of P&O doing these fly cruises. Too much competition, far better sticking to there core market.

This low fare cannot be with a P&O charter if they are adding in extra nights. The charter will only go to the ship on sailing day.

Two points, they cannot go it alone, commercial disaster.

I have never been convinced about the sense of P&O doing these fly cruises. Too much competition, far better sticking to there core market.

This low fare cannot be with a P&O charter if they are adding in extra nights. The charter will only go to the ship on sailing day.

I dont think it will be a P&O charter either as I think the two hotel night are ine at the start and one at the end. Either way its a very low price.

Any cryptic clues to which agent, as I know it's against rules too mention them by name Many thanks .

Indeed. It really is daft that the forum doesn't have a messaging system to allow non-public passing on of such useful information.

Indeed. It really is daft that the forum doesn't have a messaging system to allow non-public passing on of such useful information.

I seem to remember that they did once didn't they?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Any cryptic clues to which agent, as I know it's against rules too mention them by name Many thanks .

Trot off to Google. Enter search terms May 2014 £499 P&O 2 nights Venice.

Scroll down a little (when I do it, it's fifth in the non-sponsored listing) and bingo!

Annie

PS This works for mystery hotels as well.

Edited by AnnieC

Trot off to Google. Enter search terms May 2014 £499 P&O 2 nights Venice.

Scroll down a little (when I do it, it's fifth in the non-sponsored listing) and bingo!

Annie

PS This works for mystery hotels as well.

Ooo, well done!

I can't see any fares remotely approaching £499. In fact prices are pretty similar to those when the brochure was launched.

I paid £2224 (60% ss) for a 14 nights LC outside grade single occupancy plus £70 obc. add £150 shareholder benefit for a net price of £2004 Price is now £2478 without early booking and previous cruiser reductions.

Double occupancy of a LC grade is £3098

all this includes flights and transfers.

Not sure why it says add flights at the top too.

Slightly off topic but I have to say the port stops on that cruise are appalling. Livorno and Naples are the Vigos of the Med! Its a bit worrying when the map above the cruise doesn't match the cruise description as well.

Edited by CCFC

Not sure why it says add flights at the top too.

Slightly off topic but I have to say the port stops on that cruise are appalling. Livorno and Naples are the Vigos of the Med! Its a bit worrying when the map above the cruise doesn't match the cruise description as well.

Well I have had some excellent excursions from Livorno and have only been to Naples once (Pompei) so there is still plenty to see there.

I think the port stops are good with the bonus of a overnight in Venice at the end.

P&O must make some attempt to attract new customers. the old timers plodding around from Southampton won't keep them in business for ever.

Is that the one which says 7 nights £499, flights, transfers and two nights for an extra £399?

That £900 in my world.

Nope. £499 including the two hotel nights. Maybe you are looking at the wrong agents site as on the site for the agent that is offering this deal it couldnt be laid out any clearer.

I can't see any fares remotely approaching £499. In fact prices are pretty similar to those when the brochure was launched.

I paid £2224 (60% ss) for a 14 nights LC outside grade single occupancy plus £70 obc. add £150 shareholder benefit for a net price of £2004 Price is now £2478 without early booking and previous cruiser reductions.

Double occupancy of a LC grade is £3098

all this includes flights and transfers.

You are comparing LC grade. The offer they have is for gaurantee inside cabins. Still showing as £499 inside currently. You sure you are looking at the same agents website?

Edit. Just checked. An LC grade is £1258 for two people incl the two nights in hotels. So £629 pp.

Edited by kevinyork

You are comparing LC grade. The offer they have is for gaurantee inside cabins. Still showing as £499 inside currently. You sure you are looking at the same agents website?

Edit. Just checked. An LC grade is £1258 for two people incl the two nights in hotels. So £629 pp.

Ok, i have found the site you are referring to and the prices do indeed include flights and hotels.

So how are they doing it? If you deduct the flight costs P&O are effectively dumping the cabins at amazingly low prices. Not on all sailings though

also, what sort of fare is it? Select, Early saver or have they already broken their price pledges for next year.

Ok, i have found the site you are referring to and the prices do indeed include flights and hotels.

So how are they doing it? If you deduct the flight costs P&O are effectively dumping the cabins at amazingly low prices. Not on all sailings though

also, what sort of fare is it? Select, Early saver or have they already broken their price pledges for next year.

Or why has this 1 agent able to do these prices and will they be reigned in.

Naples itself may not be so appealing but it's quite interesting and from Naples you can visit the Amalfi Coast (my OH's favourite ever excursion), Pompeii or Herculaneum, Capri or Sorrento. What's not to like about this beautiful area....???

Also Livorno... there's amazing Florence with so much to see and do!!! But also Pisa and the Tuscan towns of Lucca and Siena. They're fantastic places to visit. What more do you want?

Think this is an amazing deal and I'm tempted - only I don't fly :D,

Edited by tartanexile81

Naples itself may not be so appealing but it's quite interesting and from Naples you can visit the Amalfi Coast (my OH's favourite ever excursion), Pompeii or Herculaneum, Capri or Sorrento. What's not to like about this beautiful area....???

Also Livorno... there's amazing Florence with so much to see and do!!! But also Pisa and the Tuscan towns of Lucca and Siena. They're fantastic places to visit. What more do you want?

Think this is an amazing deal and I'm tempted - only I don't fly :D,

You can go on a train, very fast now overnight to Venice, and not that expensive. I have read the details somewhere in the last 2 month. Morning arrival in Venice so no hotels needed.

Just a thought.

I didn't know that PO had made any price pledges for next year.

There is the select fare, which stays the same and you get everything,

There is the early saver which costs less but with restrictions,

Then there is the no name as yet fare but they covered themselves by saying that there would be additional promotions during the year on certain cruises.

Sue

You can go on a train, very fast now overnight to Venice, and not that expensive. I have read the details somewhere in the last 2 month. Morning arrival in Venice so no hotels needed.

Just a thought.

I've done this (in 1st class) and really cannot recommend it - cramped, hot, noisy. The compartments are tiny - where on earth you would put cruise luggage I cannot begin to imagine. Although the company offering the service has changed since I did it, and some things have apparently improved, I was told the rolling stock is the same.