Century to CDF in 2015 ? (Threads Merged)

wildbill437

One intriguing facet to all this.....As it appears 95% certain that CENTURY will be transferred from Celebrity to CDF, I wonder who '' misread the cue cards''....CDF by issueing official press releases too soon or Celebrity for not issueing press releases early enough ? After all, this is ''all in the family''...and the higher ups at RCCL must be concerned about this and wondering if it would have been indeed better for THEM to issue the official press release advising one and all about the transfer of one of their assets from brand **A** to Brand ** B ** .....

Cheers

That's a good point Claude, and I've been wondering the same thing myself. To me, it seems quite odd that CDF (apparently) has made some online comments, and Celebrity has said nothing. As I've said... at this point, it doesn't seem to be a question of "if", but more a question of when a press release will happen, and when Century will leave the fleet. From what was mentioned elsewhere, the timeframe seems to be after April 2015, but we must wait for Celebrity to make an official announcement.

We have many wonderful memories on Century. Like her sister ships, it will be very sad to see her go. I'm glad we've booked CN for February of 2014, as it will likely be our final sailing on this beautiful ship.

Edited by Host Andy

CDF is a subsidiary of RCCL's Spanish line Pullmantur. I would not be surprised if Pullmantur retained the larger capacity Century. and transferred the Empress to CDF to join the similar sized Zenith and Horizon.

In another (German) forum I read that a passenger aboard of Pullamntur's SOVEREIGN had a conversation with the chef - he told him both CENTURY and MAJESTY will be transferred to Pullmantur soon...

It could well be that after April 2015 CENTURY does not sail for Celebrity anymore - both CONSTELLATION and INFINITY have disappeared from Northern European cruise schedules in 2015.

CONSTELLATION is very likely to sail Mediterranean in 2015, maybe INFINITY replaces CENTURY in Alaska... :confused:

Hey All,

Looks like Century's time is up...soon:

http://www.cruisecurrents.com/article/14711

There are a couple of threads in the last week about this, no announcement yet from Celebrity but thanks for giving us another article, I believe this is three recent articles.

Edited by dkjretired

I just saw an update to an article on cruisecurrents.com, where Celebrity has responded to cruisecurrents inquiry with the following statement:

5:45 pm Update: In a statement sent to Cruise Currents, Celebrity states: ”As of now, no decision has been made [in regards to the Celebrity Century leaving the fleet]. If that should change, we will make an announcement at the appropriate time.”

At this moment, it is unclear why Croisieres De France has announced the transfer of the Celebrity Century to their fleet. Cruise Currents has reached out to CDF to clarify their apparent miscommunication.

I just saw an update to an article on cruisecurrents.com, where Celebrity has responded to cruisecurrents inquiry with the following statement:

5:45 pm Update: In a statement sent to Cruise Currents, Celebrity states: ”As of now, no decision has been made [in regards to the Celebrity Century leaving the fleet]. If that should change, we will make an announcement at the appropriate time.”

At this moment, it is unclear why Croisieres De France has announced the transfer of the Celebrity Century to their fleet. Cruise Currents has reached out to CDF to clarify their apparent miscommunication.

Hi CrusinCindy

Thanks for posting. FWIW, the above comment from Celebrity is what I was told last week. The more we learn about this, the more it seems the CDF postings elsewhere on the 'net are puzzling. For those of us that are passionate about Century, let's hope nothing is imminent. All we can do, is wait and see what (if anything) Celebrity has planned.

This is the first time in a long time, that I'm rooting for "no announcement" from Celebrity :)

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps we should start speculating that Eclipse is also missing- Dry dock?

Hi Upwarduk,

Im fairly certain this has nothing to do with Century. Only 1 Eclipse Caribbean sailing in early April 2015 was taken off the schedule. What I was told on Eclipse a couple of weeks ago, is that she will have a drydock at that time. This is unconfimed by Celebrity.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Host Andy

She also shows up in Civitavecchia, the 20th of April 2015. She is expected to come from Piraeus and sail to Livorno...

But as far as I looked it up, this seems to be the only date where she is calling at Civitavecchia as CELEBRITY CENTURY... I think she will be transferred to the new owner in the Med...

So that's an indication that she clearly cannot be deployed in Alaska in 2015...

our Itinerary:

Date

05 APR 06 APR 07 APR 08 APR 09 APR 10 APR 11 APR 12 APR

Port Location

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES AT SEA

AT SEA

AT SEA

AT SEA AT SEA AT SEA AT SEA

Arrive Depart

6:00 PM

Date

13 APR 14 APR 15 APR 16 APR 17 APR 18 APR 19 APR 20 APR

Port Locaton

SUEZ CANAL (PASSAGE) JERUSALEM (ASHDOD), ISRAEL AT SEA

RHODES, GREECE

ATHENS (PIRAEUS), GREECE AT SEA

AT SEA

ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA), ITALY

Depart

3:00 PM 10:00 PM

5:00 PM 8:00 PM

Arrive

3:00 AM 7:00 AM

8:00 AM 11:00 AM

5:00 AM

I just found out that a booking I have is no longer Shanghai to Tokyo but Dubai to Rome, April 5 1015!

Arno, looks like it might be "your turn" to close down a Celebrity ship, if this is Century's last sailing as an X ship and you choose to stick with the sailing. We were on the very last sailings of both the Galaxy and Mercury under X's flag in Feb./March 2009 and Feb. 2011 respectively, both cruises for which we booked before the rumors even started swirling that they would be transferred to TUI. Closing down a ship does not require much work for passengers, except for preparing yourself to see some things being dismantled, art work being taken down, shops closing near end of the cruise (bargains to be had for remaining items), seeing sad faces and some tears, etc.

Glad that we will be on the Century for 19 nights in February 2014.

Kathy