1-2-3 go Free Basic Beverage Package?

English Tim

I have seen some cruises advertised to include a combination of drinks, OBC and pre-paid gratuities, whereas most give a choice of one of these items.

Has anyone else experienced such benefits?

Does the basic drinks package include most popular drinks?

I had this beverage package back in June and it covered pretty much anything I wanted up to $8 for cocktails, all coffee drinks at Al Bacio, and beers up to $5. Wine selection is pretty limited but the options were not too bad. I found that I didn't need to upgrade. I LOVED having this package. I am not sure if this is considered popular but it included rum and cokes (I always requested Bacardi brand), Leblon Cachaca, Bailey's, Kalhua, Frangelico, Kettel One, That is what I remember since most drinks I had were made with these brands. You can look in the celebrity website the brands included (not everything is listed there!)

If you only drink Grey Goose, Patron or other higher end brands then you will need to upgrade to the premium package. Premium package also gives you more flexibility in the wine selection and craft beers.

I also think the combination is just for sailings to Europe. Sailings to the Caribbean you can only choose one (at least for people in the US)

Edited by Sandy1975

The "free" promo package is the "Classic Beverage Package". It includes a pretty broad category of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The alcoholic beverages in the classic package include a lot of nice brand name products and call brands of spirits but not what I'd call premium, or top shelf, brands.

If you look at the Celebrity package descriptions on this link: click here

You'll see that a word in the first paragraph of each package description is underlined - that is a link that will take you to a representative list of the soft drinks, spirits and beers included in that package.

You can upgrade from the free package to the premium package for $11.50 per person per night. If you find out on board that you'd like to upgrade then you can do it on board and I think you can do it after the beginning of the cruise at a price prorated for the remainder of the cruise as well.

Edited by Lsimon

I've been crunching some numbers as to what the best option to pick is for the 1-2-3 promo (value wise).

If I understand the promotion correctly, if I can only choose one - by far the Classic drinks package at $44 + tax per day, per person is the best option as far as value. This is in comparison to the daily tip of up to $15 per person, per day or OBC up to $300 for the stateroom.

However, I will be sailing with my 19 yr old daughter. Will Celebrity be willing to substitute one of the Classic drink packages for a Premium N/A package? The Premium N/A package is $20.70 + tip per day, per person - so a savings for Celebrity and still the best option value wise over the other two perk options.

I'd end up upgrading myself to the Premium beverage package, but obviously my DD could not be issued an alcoholic package because she's underage.

Edited by chepar

I've been crunching some numbers as to what the best option to pick is for the 1-2-3 promo (value wise).

If I understand the promotion correctly, if I can only choose one - by far the Classic drinks package at $44 + tax per day, per person is the best option as far as value. This is in comparison to the daily tip of up to $15 per person, per day or OBC up to $300 for the stateroom.

However, I will be sailing with my 19 yr old daughter. Will Celebrity be willing to substitute one of the Classic drink packages for a Premium N/A package? The Premium N/A package is $20.70 + tip per day, per person - so a savings for Celebrity and still the best option value wise over the other two perk options.

I'd end up upgrading myself to the Premium beverage package, but obviously my DD could not be issued an alcoholic package because she's underage.

Hi Chepar,

Unless something has recently changed, Celebrity does not offer this option for your DD. You would think they should, and save $$$ in the process, but I'm fairly certain it's a not an option.

My best advice, is to contact your TA, or Celebrity if you've booked direct. Hope this helps !

Hi Chepar,

Unless something has recently changed, Celebrity does not offer this option for your DD. You would think they should, and save $$$ in the process, but I'm fairly certain it's a not an option.

My best advice, is to contact your TA, or Celebrity if you've booked direct. Hope this helps !

Thanks for your reply, Andy. I have not yet booked the cruise - I am waiting for my DD to return home from college next week so I can confirm that her schedule still works with the cruise I'm looking at. I anticipate booking within the next couple weeks, though.

That's a bummer if they won't do it - it seems like a pretty reasonable request if the other passenger is not yet 21. I will be sure to ask to make sure, though.

Edited by chepar

Hello

JUst book my first celebrity cruise, nad it's include Clasic Drink package.

My question is. IF i'm aload to bye a 8$ drink and i order a $8 drink, what about the 15% gratuity. Do i get a bill at the end of the cruise for all 15% on each drink i will order?

Hello

JUst book my first celebrity cruise, nad it's include Clasic Drink package.

My question is. IF i'm aload to bye a 8$ drink and i order a $8 drink, what about the 15% gratuity. Do i get a bill at the end of the cruise for all 15% on each drink i will order?

No the drink package includes the 15% gratuity so not extra charges will be on your bill :D

No the drink package includes the 15% gratuity so not extra charges will be on your bill :D

So does this mean I shouldn't order drinks that are actually listed at say, $7.95 as the 15% will take it to over $8? I think a few wines are listed at around the $8 mark.

On celebrity site, i found that

If i'm right, i got the drink package free when i book my cruise, si i figure out that will include the 15% charge. Si if i'm aload to order $8 dollars drink, i can order the $8 dollars drink and 15% is already include

All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our

So does this mean I shouldn't order drinks that are actually listed at say, $7.95 as the 15% will take it to over $8? I think a few wines are listed at around the $8 mark.

You will already have paid the 15% when you buy the package.

You can drink anything that costs $8 or less - ignore the gratuity, it's already paid in your package.

The drink packages per drink limits ($8 for classic package and $12 for premium) apply to the menu prices before gratuity. If you buy a drink that is $8 without the package it will show as $8.00 + $1.20 gratuity = $9.20 on your bill. Even through the total with gratuity is over the $8 you can still order it on a classic package.

The gratuities are "included" with the 123 Go free beverage package so you don't need to worry about the normal 15% automatic gratuity. Some people do tip extra in cash or asking for a no-charge slip to charge a gratuity to their bill. I very seldom tip extra as we go but will give some extra cash at the end of the cruise to bar servers at bars we've been regulars at and who have given us special service. This is optional on our part and no one should feel an obligation to do so.

One difference from the above: On Eclipse sailings that start and end in Southampton (and perhaps other round trip sailings from the UK) they adjust all drink prices on the menus so that the menu prices include the gratuity. This is done due to a difference in tipping and employee compensation customs in the UK vs. USA. On those cruises the $8 and $12 package limits are raised in a corresponding amount.

Note that if you buy the package the price is $44.00/day and the 15% gratuity will be added at time of purchase for a total of $50.60/day. If you upgrade to the premium package the price is $10/day but your total charge will be $11.50/day including the gratuity.

Edited by Lsimon

The classics drink package doesn't really have a comparative value of $44/day...that is just what it would cost to purchase it. IMO it's true value is whatever you would normally spend on drinks per day (maybe $20, maybe $60, we are all different drinkers:)).

• 2 weeks later...

We are traveling with my two young nephews and we were told by our travel agent that they could not get a "downgraded" version of the drink plan for the 1-2-3 promo (despite it being a better deal for X). Instead that room has gone for the OBC (which was increased through our TA)

We got the 1-2-3 drink package and PP gratuities from our TA.

TAs frequently give goodies as an incentive to book through them.

When and where do the PP grats appear? We tried to use them for Select dining, but were told we'd have to be invoiced at the time of booking, then have them rebated by check.