Everything you need to know about Celebrity Eclipse

fishycomics

Welcome, thought I start a topic about "Everything you need to know about the Eclipse" Just ask, and be happy to share with a photo and video... you may never know... If you think you know the answer better than others, lets see.... thank you and back to the ship we go.... WI-FI, in Barbados, the cruise terminal. Enjoy.;)

want to know everything as we are booked. how is food? any sandwiches for lunch? how is breakfast? any omelets cooked to order? how is entertainment ? Does it last more than 30 minutes? how are activities on ship? are there any? how are lounge chairs? are they in a quiet area? are they easy to find? are their seats around pool that are available? how is music at night? anything besides piano bars? any disco, any country, any different type of dancing? let us know all details. can't wait to hear.

Can you still get fresh grilled tuna or salmon at the Aqua Spa Cafe at lunch?

No, the lovely big pieces of grilled salmon and tuna are gone.:mad: They have been replaced with a small piece of salmon (end piece) with a sauce on top. It was quite good but small. There was a spicy pork stir fry served in a lettuce leaf that I thought was delicious. I only ate there twice so I don't know if there are other things. It's still a good place to go for a light lunch. And....you could have two hot entrees!!

No, the lovely big pieces of grilled salmon and tuna are gone.:mad: They have been replaced with a small piece of salmon (end piece) with a sauce on top. It was quite good but small. There was a spicy pork stir fry served in a lettuce leaf that I thought was delicious. I only ate there twice so I don't know if there are other things. It's still a good place to go for a light lunch. And....you could have two hot entrees!!

Pork doesn't work so well for a vegetarian? :o

(There are a lot of choices in the buffet if you eat meat but not so much for me. That's why I loved the Cafe so much. Oh well........)

Are there predetermined nights for certain entertainment? We are a group of 8 and considering specialty restaurants for at least 3 evening. We are doing late dining, but would hate to miss out on good entertainment. I guess what I'm asking about is a safe time to book the specialties

Pork doesn't work so well for a vegetarian? :o

(There are a lot of choices in the buffet if you eat meat but not so much for me. That's why I loved the Cafe so much. Oh well........)

Yes being vegetarian is a bit more limiting but I was just talking about the hot entrees. They still have the 3 different cold plates laid out and I think one or two of them is often vegetarian. You would know. Then they still have the salad bar. There is also a smoothie bar with some very good looking smoothies but there is a charge for those ($6 if I recall). I hadn't seen those before.

We will be sailing on her next month. So I am so excited to read everything and anything about the ship!

I am curious ..... Who is the cruise director?

How is the entertainment?

Thanks fellow cruisers!

CD: We had Sue Denning but she has gone on vacation.

Graeme Kelleher is the Captains club host and he's great.

We didn't go to all the shows, but we really enjoyed all those that we went to. Singers and dancers seemed good to us and they are fairly new to the ship.

You are sure to have a great time.

We will be sailing on her next month. So I am so excited to read everything and anything about the ship!

I am curious ..... Who is the cruise director?

Hi Dcruisers,

Ben Powney is the current cruise director. He is scheduled to be onboard Eclipse until early February.

Hi Dcruisers,

Ben Powney is the current cruise director. He is scheduled to be onboard Eclipse until early February.

Hey there Andy :

will Sue Denning be back for February 22 cruise ?

Duplicate

Edited by chamima

Hi Dcruisers,

Hey there Andy :

will Sue Denning be back for February 22 cruise ?

How about Feb. 8 ?

(As a side note - Princess sends out pre-cruise emails with Captain, Cruise Director and, as the cruise gets closer, even some of the entertainers on board. It's a REALLY nice touch and makes one even more excited!)

What machines are in the gym? :confused: In particular, I was hoping for the rowing machine. And do they have free weights? I find that onboard gyms have some kind of magic that counters the mysterious shrinking of clothes on a cruise. :p

We've never cruised with Celebrity and are considering a Caribbean cruise on Eclipse next year for our silver wedding anniversary.

What are the children's clubs/facilities like?

Our daughter will be 19 and therefore too old for them (if she comes with us), but our son will be 14 and really enjoyed his time and the friends he made in the club on our recent cruise (P&O). Celebrity don't appear to have things like the zip line/climbing wall/flow rider on RCCI, so what do they have for an active teen boy?

Thanks

What machines are in the gym? :confused: In particular, I was hoping for the rowing machine. And do they have free weights? I find that onboard gyms have some kind of magic that counters the mysterious shrinking of clothes on a cruise. :p

Yes, there is a rowing machine, free weights, plenty of running machines and cross trainers, plus some machines that I didn't quite get the hang of!

I had a 30 minute run every day, tended to go to the gym before breakfast, then collect some fruit and yoghurt from the Aqua Spa Cade on the same deck to take back to my room. A tip, if you want yoghurt, ask, as it is in a fridge at the front of the serving counter.

I did go to the gym one afternoon and had to wait a while to get a running machine. So kept to my early morning schedule. Cold towels in a mini fridge on your way into/out of the gym.

Although it was hard going, running every day on holiday, I managed to enjoy my food, have a few drinks and not gain any weight over the 14 days.

Yes, there is a rowing machine, free weights, plenty of running machines and cross trainers, plus some machines that I didn't quite get the hang of!

I had a 30 minute run every day, tended to go to the gym before breakfast, then collect some fruit and yoghurt from the Aqua Spa Cade on the same deck to take back to my room. A tip, if you want yoghurt, ask, as it is in a fridge at the front of the serving counter.

I did go to the gym one afternoon and had to wait a while to get a running machine. So kept to my early morning schedule. Cold towels in a mini fridge on your way into/out of the gym.

Although it was hard going, running every day on holiday, I managed to enjoy my food, have a few drinks and not gain any weight over the 14 days.

Thanks so much. :):)

Have been on several cruises with Sue Denning as Cruise Director and she is simply the VERY BEST in the business.

Will be on the Eclipse on Feb. 8.

Does anyone know if Sue will be back then? Sure hope so! It just wouldn't be the same without Sue!

Toronto Sailor

Come join our roll call.

We're a really friendly bunch.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1614683&page=84