Carnival Glory New Dining Photos

rockbock

I imagine they will do what they do now - bring you more flatware. If they don't, drop yours on the floor and ask for more.

Well at least its not coming in wrapped taped paper napkin. :)

I really don't understand why tableclothes vs no tableclothes affects one's dining experience. To us, the quality of food, and the quality of service are the important things, and until we have cruised, experiencing the new MDR for ourselves, we will reserve our judgement.

Aesthetics. Why have all the fancy decorations throughout the ships. Why have any pictures or wall hangings? Why not have every room look exactly the same?

Aesthetics. Why have all the fancy decorations throughout the ships. Why have any pictures or wall hangings? Why not have every room look exactly the same?

You say aesthetics--yet we all differ in what we like. I have seen many people complain about Carnival's "tacky" decor. Some people like it.

I actually prefer the look of a wooden table. In my dining room at home, if I am having a fancy dinner party, I do not use a table cloth. However, when I have children sitting at my table, like for the holidays, I use a tablecloth to protect the table. But I don't think it looks as pretty. Of course, I have a beautiful formal dining room table. :)

I think the picture of the dining room without tablecloths on the Glory looks nice. Yes, it looks more casual than before, but I think that is the point. Aren't we a more casual society nowadays?

Did the picture poster say if it was an elegant night or not? I WOULD still like to see tablecloths on elegant nights, I don't mind either way on any other night. I love that a carafe of water has been placed on the tables.

Edited by palmtre2

Agreed! We had the hardest time getting our waters filled and the service staff was incredibly busy. This is a smart move.

Someone is going to be around to say that the water carafes are germy in 3....2.....1.....

I've NEVER seen so many people worried about germs before.

Although the photographs of the tables do look nice, I as a Platinum Level Cruiser do disagree with Carnival's decision to omit tablecloths. Certainly they could put these tables up in the Buffett and for dinner have a more formal sit down experience for individuals who do not wish to dine in the MDR.

However, the MDR should be a place of superior service. This should include tablecloths and enough staff to provide decent service. The omission of tablecloths is just another in Carnival's efforts to cut costs at the expense of service.

I guess we have been cruising long enough to remember no matter what line we chose we felt special .We have been on Carnival several times and have enjoyed it but if they keep taking things away we may not feel the same .Why do people have to say nasty things to each other just because they don't agree ?Everyone is entitled to their opinion .Let them have it without being upset :):)

For all who are whining about fine dining and tablecloths, take a look at the very very high end steak house in nyc. Would you call this elegant?

Peter-Luger.jpg

No, would you?

That looks like a boarding school cafeteria. Those chairs! At least Carnival hasn't sunk that low.

It is sad that Carnival, the largest cruise company in the world, continues to dumb down and cheapen their food and entertainment offerings. They are even doing it to their other brands, HAL and Princess. Yes, I will be going to other lines that offer a better product for the same price.

Edited by Mulege

Well for all of you that said NO, that is a Michelin Star restaurant in NYC. Peter Luger's world renowned Steakhouse. Very fine dining and people from all over the world come to eat there. The food is divine.

\

So I guess most of you have never dined at award winning places.

I guess we have been cruising long enough to remember no matter what line we chose we felt special .We have been on Carnival several times and have enjoyed it but if they keep taking things away we may not feel the same .Why do people have to say nasty things to each other just because they don't agree ?Everyone is entitled to their opinion .Let them have it without being upset :):)

Some peole cannot disagree respectfully.

Well for all of you that said NO, that is a Michelin Star restaurant in NYC. Peter Luger's world renowned Steakhouse. Very fine dining and people from all over the world come to eat there. The food is divine.

\

So I guess most of you have never dined at award winning places.

Peter Luger is family styled steakhouse. Been there several times and cannot say its elegant dining. Especially during lunch, many people wear jeans and even hoodie :( le Bernardin and Jean George are upscale restaurants. If you've dined there you know what I mean.

Makes perfect sense to me! I can't believe some people are considering abandoning Carnival over not having tablecloths especially when it's only affecting casual nights. :eek:

NO TABLECLOTHS!!!! I'm cancelling my January cruise on the Sunshine.... I don't care if they haven't started it yet or not on the Sunhine..... We have to stick together on this............................

Peter Luger is family styled steakhouse. Been there several times and cannot say its elegant dining. Especially during lunch, many people wear jeans and even hoodie :( le Bernardin and Jean George are upscale restaurants. If you've dined there you know what I mean.

BINGO and that's exactly where CCL is trying to bring the cruise line. Family styled and good casual dining.l On the formal nights you will get your tablecloths.

Never had noro on a ship I gather.

I haven't. But where do you draw the line? Do you touch elevator buttons? Stair rails? The arm of your chairs? The salt shaker? I just don't see what is so germy about the new table setting style. I'd worry a lot more about the buffet than the MDR.

You just can't avoid touching things. I try not to worry about it. Of course, I am an elementary school teacher, so not only have I been forced to get over a fear of germs, I have an immune system of iron. :)

Although I do have to admit that the shower curtain really disgusts me, not to mention the CLOTHES LINE. If I was a germ, THAT'S where I'd hang out. GROSS!!!!

NO TABLECLOTHS!!!! I'm cancelling my January cruise on the Sunshine.... I don't care if they haven't started it yet or not on the Sunhine..... We have to stick together on this............................

I really hope you are being facetious....:confused:

I will really miss the cold soups since I had one every night they were offered. Maybe they'll have them on lido at lunch. Will have to remember to check that out when we cruise on Liberty 1/18. I'm very happy that Liberty will be starting the new look/menu the week before we cruise.

Hope you come back with pictures. We cruise Liberty end of March. I had made reservations in the Steakhouse for the first night, but will probably cancel now that we have new food choices.