Stocking stuffer ideas?

Nightstarzz

In January, I'm taking my fiance for his first cruise ever. Everything is done, and except to hurry up and wait. Now, while his Christmas gifts are what he asked for, I wanted to do his Christmas stocking, cruise themed. Any suggestions? We are going to grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Honduras.

The only thing I have at the moment is a small Tortuga rum cake, the kind they sell onboard. Anyother items I could stuff in his stocking?

3rd cruise: Carnival Legend, January 26th - February 2nd, 2014

Edited by Nightstarzz

I am doing something similar for my sister. I am including: walkie talkies, hand sanitizer, motion sickness pills, a power strip, over the door shoe hanger (for organizing,) a poncho, clothes line clips (to hang wet bathing suits to dry faster,) sun block, a wine bottle opener.... And that's as far as I have gotten. I am doing a "cruising tips" theme.

I am doing something similar for my sister. I am including: walkie talkies, hand sanitizer, motion sickness pills, a power strip, over the door shoe hanger (for organizing,) a poncho, clothes line clips (to hang wet bathing suits to dry faster,) sun block, a wine bottle opener.... And that's as far as I have gotten. I am doing a "cruising tips" theme.

How big is that stocking?? :)

If you go on eBay you can do a search for Carnival Cruise and come up with a lot of things you could buy. I bought two of the Platinum Gift Tervis Tumblers recently with the Carnival Logo in them. There are some of those on there now as well as the ball caps, lanyards and I even saw a ship on a stick.

Our stocking are filled with cheap stuff (in my family, there's no way walkie-talkies would qualify as a stocking stuffer).

For me, I'd include:

Hand sanitizer

Individual packages of kleenex (the stuff on board is terrible and these are handy to take on excursions)

one of the towels/facecloths that are shrunk down to a small square (you see them at the dollar store with spiderman, dora, etc on them) that he can take on excursions as a just in case

Gum

water wallet

Cheap travel cup/mug that he can use and then leave/dispose of after the cruise (especially if you like coffee in the cabin - I hate those little cups!)

A good book (I pick these up at Goodwill for cheap)

a single use laundry detergent and a travel size of fabric softener sheets (in case they need to do laundry on the ship)

A tide to go pen (for those little messes)

a lanyard for his sign and sail card

travel sized tylenol/advil/other OTC medications or a small first aid kit with bandaids and stuff

a memory card for his camera (I'm amazed at how much these have come down in price in the last 2 years!)

Edited by meatloafsfan

Ive been working on kinda the same things for my 22 & 19 DDs for their first cruise. ive come up with memory foam neck pillows for the train ride down, travel size fun toiletries, wristlet for SnS card. Definatly going to have to check out some of the ideas listed here :D

Thanks for starting this thread!

Ive been working on kinda the same things for my 22 & 19 DDs for their first cruise. ive come up with memory foam neck pillows for the train ride down, travel size fun toiletries, wristlet for SnS card. Definatly going to have to check out some of the ideas listed here :D

Thanks for starting this thread!

For the ladies, I like those razors that have the shave cream type bar on them. So convenient not to have to mess with shave cream and easier to pack.

Maybe some beach or tropical themed luggage tags? I've seen them at some of the dollar stores here. Palm tree, flip-flop(s), parrot, Hawaiian shirt, etc. You also might look on Amazon. Also, at Bath & Bodyworks, they have scented bodywash for men called "Ocean". My wife bought some for me. When I use it, it makes me think of cruising. :)