Port everglades docks 2 & 4

bigguy6

We are taking the Emerald princess on next March 19th. It being the only Princess ship leaving that day I assume it will leave from dock 2. When we return, however, on Sat. March 29th there will be 2 Princess ships in port, the Emerald and the Ruby. From what I gather when two Princess ships are in port one of two things happens. Either both come back to the north port area, using docks 2 and 4, or one returns to dock 2 and the other returns to midport dock 19 or similar. My first question is what is the likelihood that both would return to north port docks 2 and 4. And if they return to separate port areas which ship is likely to dock back at dock 2? If it is important to the answer the Ruby will be returning from a 5 night cruise

We are taking the Emerald princess on next March 19th. It being the only Princess ship leaving that day I assume it will leave from dock 2. When we return, however, on Sat. March 29th there will be 2 Princess ships in port, the Emerald and the Ruby. From what I gather when two Princess ships are in port one of two things happens. Either both come back to the north port area, using docks 2 and 4, or one returns to dock 2 and the other returns to midport dock 19 or similar. My first question is what is the likelihood that both would return to north port docks 2 and 4. And if they return to separate port areas which ship is likely to dock back at dock 2? If it is important to the answer the Ruby will be returning from a 5 night cruise
Unlikely to have two grand class ships there. Last year, only Coral and Emerald were at 2/4. This year, Coral/Ruby are at 21/2 If there are two princess ships, I would plan on one being at 21. If there are three, I would plan on 2/21/29

Right now, my source shows you embarking at berth 2 and disembarking at berth 19. It's not set in stone, so either or both could change.

We're embarking the Emerald on January 28th at berth 21 and she is the only ship in port that day.

Lew

Right now, my source shows you embarking at berth 2 and disembarking at berth 19. It's not set in stone, so either or both could change.

We're embarking the Emerald on January 28th at berth 21 and she is the only ship in port that day.

Lew

Lew, thank for your info about March 19th (we'll be disembarking that day). Any chance you could tell me where the Emerald is embarking from on February 27th?

Are there any major differences in embarkation at berth 21 compared to 2 or 4. I am also embarking on January 28 and my last cruise on Coral (it was the only cruise ship on a Thursday) I think embarked at berth 2?

#2 is the easiest as it is closest to 17th St. Easy in; easy out for passengers. If of course they use that entrance. #29 is the most awful area you can get. Hardly ever used. If there is only one Princess ship in port, then guaranteed at numero dos. When there are two big ones, it's a crapshoot. If you leave your car at one area and the ship doesn't return there, they will shuttle you to the garage.

Lew, thank for your info about March 19th (we'll be disembarking that day). Any chance you could tell me where the Emerald is embarking from on February 27th?

Berth 2

Grand Class ships are too big for 4.

We disembarked the Ruby TA in October 2012 at berth 4.

By the way, I'm getting this berth info with the CruiseSchedule Port Everglades iOS app. It's free! They have apps from some other ports also.

Lew

Edited by -Lew-

#2 is the easiest as it is closest to 17th St. Easy in; easy out for passengers. If of course they use that entrance. #29 is the most awful area you can get.

Berth 29 is why there is 'cancel for any reason' insurance.

Edited by pablo222

Lew

Lew

What is your source and how can we see it??

We leave on Coral Princess Jan 8/14 and return Jan 19/14 and would love to know what berths to expect.

Thanks

Lew

What is your source and how can we see it??

We leave on Coral Princess Jan 8/14 and return Jan 19/14 and would love to know what berths to expect.

Thanks

See my post #8 above…

You're embarking at berth 4 and disembarking at berth 2.

Lew

Edited by -Lew-

Grand Class ships are too big for 4.

Not always.

There can be a second grand class ship at berth 4. It's usually

if there is lots of stuff to be loaded/unloaded. Like before after

a TA or drydock.

And, WRT some other comments. I haven't seen Princess use

19 since Oasis/Allure started sailing from Ft. Lauderdale.

By the way, I'm getting this berth info with the CruiseSchedule Port Everglades iOS app. It's free! They have apps from some other ports also.

I don't think your source is very reliable. How can it be?

From time-to-time, the berth assignments change right

up to the night before arrival.

That could be said about any app that provides travel information: flight tracking, airline, metro, parking, weather apps and more all provide the best current information...and it's all subject to change.

The CruiseSchedule Port Everglades app provides berth assignments based on currently available information. Berth assignments can and do change and I would expect those changes to be reflected in the app. See my post #3 above for my disclaimer with respect to possible berth changes.

Lew

That could be said about any app that provides travel information: flight tracking, airline, metro, parking, weather apps and more all provide the best current information...and it's all subject to change.

The CruiseSchedule Port Everglades app provides berth assignments based on currently available information. Berth assignments can and do change and I would expect those changes to be reflected in the app. See my post #3 above for my disclaimer with respect to possible berth changes.

Lew

I have this app on my ipad and it's great. They have it for several US ports. Lots of good info including ship plans, port maps and telephone numbers. Most of us that can download an app are smart enough to double check the port website before we go. :D

Coral embark on January 8 - Terminal 21 Midport

Coral debark on January 19 - Terminal 4 Northport

My information indicates embarkation on January 8th at berth 4 and debarkation on January 19th at berth 2.

Are you sure of your dates? I ask because my source shows embarkation on December 28th at berth 21 and debarkation on January 8th at berth 4.

If your dates are correct, what is your source?

Lew

If it is important to the answer the Ruby will be returning from a 5 night cruise

Actually the Ruby is on the second leg of a 9 day Caribbean Sampler, but it can be booked as a 4, 5 or 9 day cruise

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What terminal will Royal Princess use on dec.29 in Ft..Lauderdale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both times I've been on her, it's been Terminal 2, and the Port Everglades port guide states 2 also.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app