Port everglades docks 2 & 4

bigguy6

I have tried everything I can think of but still no luck.

Would anyone be willing to search Coral Princess for me? Please??

We depart Jan 8th and return Jan 19th.

If this information is on the Fort Lauderdale Official Port Site, I can't find it. I think I have been everywhere. But it is not the first time I have tried to find something on the web and have been unsuccessful.

Any help appreciated.

Hi all

To find where your ship will berth at Port Everglades, browse to www dot porteverglades dot net (replace dot with . without any spaces). Click on the link "ship schedule"this will bring up a new page where all the ships and their berths will be listed. Unfortunately the schedule is only available for approximately a week in advance.. That is the best information that is available.

Cheers

Bernie

If this information is on the Fort Lauderdale Official Port Site, I can't find it. I think I have been everywhere. But it is not the first time I have tried to find something on the web and have been unsuccessful.

Any help appreciated.

According to the App on my iphone, you are departing from Terminal 4 and returning to Terminal 2.

That of course is all subject to change.

I provided the info you requested in my post #13 above...

Lew

According to the App on my iphone, you are departing from Terminal 4 and returning to Terminal 2.

That of course is all subject to change.

Hi all

To find where your ship will berth at Port Everglades, browse to www dot porteverglades dot net (replace dot with . without any spaces). Click on the link "ship schedule"this will bring up a new page where all the ships and their berths will be listed. Unfortunately the schedule is only available for approximately a week in advance.. That is the best information that is available.

Cheers

Bernie

First off LEW... Thanks... for some reason I did not see the second sentence with the berths. :eek::eek: I'm getting old I guess.

To all who responded with my information Thank You Very Much and I appreciate being lead by the nose on how to find the information for myself on porteverglades.net

I really appreciate your help

Hi all

Cheers

Bernie

Thanks! Looked up our schedule on the website. Very easy - no app required!

I downloaded the app, which looks very nice (and is free, also nice :)).

BUT, it shows the itinerary for my January Coral Princess cruise in REVERSE ORDER.

So, if that's wrong can I trust anything else it says?

Edited by jazzbeau

• 1 month later...
Again no use to fret over this folks if you are arriving by taxi.

Just tell the driver which ship you are sailing and they will know where to take you

I agree. When I drove in yesterday, the guard asked me if I needed

directions. Um, no.

But, people are still very anxious to know the berth in advance.

I think it's an unfortunate disservice to quote some inaccurate

App to them.

#2 is the easiest as it is closest to 17th St. Easy in; easy out for passengers. If of course they use that entrance. #29 is the most awful area you can get. Hardly ever used. If there is only one Princess ship in port, then guaranteed at numero dos. When there are two big ones, it's a crapshoot. If you leave your car at one area and the ship doesn't return there, they will shuttle you to the garage.

Thanks Pia for the shuttle info if that happens to us. Was wondering what to do if we dock in another location from where we embarked at.

I agree. When I drove in yesterday, the guard asked me if I needed

directions. Um, no.

App to them.

Since we always arrive by air and take a taxi, I have never known in all our cruises from Port Everglades what pier was used.:o

Now one time in San Juan we boarded a taxi at the hotel and I told him "Take us to the Pan American Pier" and we ended up at the airport.:D He didn't know that Pan American Airlines had been out of business for many years and not being familiar with San Juan at the time I had no idea where he was going. Had I said, "Golden Princess" he would have known where to go.

Mike:)

App to them.

Cruisers needing accurate, up-to-date information have access to the Port Everglades Traffic website within seven days prior to sailing. Having said that, berth assignments can and do change even within seven days of embarkation.

I reject your attempt to place blame for an app’s inaccuracy on its user. At this point it is pretty clear the app’s developer has some work to do to improve accuracy. This is not unusual as no application is bug free.

Disclaimers and warnings with respect to the app’s accuracy and possible berth changes were plainly stated. Port signage indicating ship locations on embarkation day make any app inaccuracies mute and inconsequential.

As an aside, I find criticism of a Cruise Critic member’s attempt to be of service to fellow cruisers laughable when coming from someone whose signature is “Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App”.

Lew

http://www.porteverglades.net/

Click on "Ship Schedule" for the upcoming ship movements at the port for the next 7 days.

Finally, someone that uses the same method we use since we drive to the port for all of our voyages out of Ft. Lauderdale. We also give the Harbormaster a call a day before just to see if there is any last minute changes to the returning pier location so we know where to park the vehicle.

I am the author the CruiseSchedule family of iPhone apps. The terminal information provided by the app is not always accurate. Berth assignments can and do change and the app uses an internal database which does not synchronize to the Port Everglades web site. Based on the feedback I have received I will be removing the terminal information from the app and providing a link at the top of the itinerary page to the Port Everglades traffic information (the official site of Port Everglades).

This family of apps is one of my hobbies and provided free of charge. I do not receive any compensation monetarily or otherwise from any sources. All information (schedules, ports of call, etc.) have been entered by hand after thoroughly researching the information. It is proofed but I'm certain some errors slip through. I value the users who have downloaded and use this app for reference and incorporate their feedback into future versions as practical.

Thank you,

Neil

I am the author the CruiseSchedule family of iPhone apps. The terminal information provided by the app is not always accurate. Berth assignments can and do change and the app uses an internal database which does not synchronize to the Port Everglades web site. Based on the feedback I have received I will be removing the terminal information from the app and providing a link at the top of the itinerary page to the Port Everglades traffic information (the official site of Port Everglades).

This family of apps is one of my hobbies and provided free of charge. I do not receive any compensation monetarily or otherwise from any sources. All information (schedules, ports of call, etc.) have been entered by hand after thoroughly researching the information. It is proofed but I'm certain some errors slip through. I value the users who have downloaded and use this app for reference and incorporate their feedback into future versions as practical.

Thank you,

Neil

Thanks Neil. :)

• 2 weeks later...
That could be said about any app that provides travel information: flight tracking, airline, metro, parking, weather apps and more all provide the best current information...and it's all subject to change.

The CruiseSchedule Port Everglades app provides berth assignments based on currently available information.

There is no currently available information for port everglades

months in the future. The only available information is the

harbormaster schedule, which shows 7 days in advance.

As an aside, I find criticism of a Cruise Critic member’s attempt to be of service to fellow cruisers laughable when coming from someone whose signature is “Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App”.

Lew

I'm puzzled about how you think posting inaccurate information is a service to the gentle readers here. As to the signature -- thank you -- it should be 'Sent', not 'Send'.

I have experienced Princess ships being berthed at the north end of the port....adjacent to route 17. I believe its berth 2,3 and 4. But watching the port webcam on sailing days I see Princess periodically berths at the south end...berth 21.

I am sailing on the Coral on Feb 10th and am concerned about her berth. I called Princess and was told she will be at berth 21. As I am driving to the pier and leaving my car in the parking garage I am concerned about the return. If I sail from 21 and use the south garage and the ship returns to pier 4, that presents a big problem. Getting a cab to drive me back to my car will be impossible. Sorry for the long post......but does anyone know if Princess returns the ship to where she started off from.......the Princess rep responded to this question with I think so.

Thanks

Tom