Table Clothes in the main dining room

Krazy Kruizers

There's now another -- New, started today -- tablecloth thread on the Carnival board. "Maybe tablecloths will be back...."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1956299

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

In addition to the above there's another new one from someone just off Carnival Glory. Seems sweat from the glasses left puddles of water all over the table.

"Carnival Glory New Dining :( "

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1956362

LuLu

~~~~

Thanks LuLu for this information.

I would hate it, just way too cheap looking and it would also increase teh volume in the MDR. Tablecloths help to dampen the sound.

If you look at the written respones on the Carnival board you'll soon discover there is a valid case for this change. On any other line I don't believe it would be considered. Carnival is basic cruising = Feed Me, Water Me, Entertain Me.

I've been following the thread over in the Carnival forum, and am dismayed to hear about this, as I have an Alaskan cruise booked on the Carnival Miracle for next September. The dining experience on any cruise line is one of the things that sets it apart from other vacations, and tablecloths are part of the ambience.

Don't assume that Carnival cruisers limit their landside dining to Denny's and IHOP.

Roz

I've been following the thread over in the Carnival forum, and am dismayed to hear about this, as I have an Alaskan cruise booked on the Carnival Miracle for next September. The dining experience on any cruise line is one of the things that sets it apart from other vacations, and tablecloths are part of the ambience.

Don't assume that Carnival cruisers limit their landside dining to Denny's and IHOP.

Roz

I hope for your sake that by the time your cruise date hits, Carnival will listen to the people who want table cloths.

This seems like such a silly thing, except the whole ambiance that the tablecloths provide. I think it would be a huge downgrade for HAL to do away with them. When we walked into the MDR on the NA in November on formal night, I was seriously mesmerized. The whole dining room was beautiful! It really does just make it beautiful having the table cloths. Plus I can't imagine using the china without one.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1509106_10201901402634339_1845655241_n.jpg

This seems like such a silly thing, except the whole ambiance that the tablecloths provide. I think it would be a huge downgrade for HAL to do away with them. When we walked into the MDR on the NA in November on formal night, I was seriously mesmerized. The whole dining room was beautiful! It really does just make it beautiful having the table cloths. Plus I can't imagine using the china without one.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1509106_10201901402634339_1845655241_n.jpg

We agree ... couldn't have said it better :)

Anything goes on CCL.

If you've ever been on a Carnival ship take a look at their passengers.

That is so untrue, and a very unfair generalisation. I know someone who regularly cruises Carnival, and a very classy person at that. And there is a CC regular on this thread who also cruises Carnival - I have met her, so I know exactly what she's like. Exactly like HAL passengers.;)

In the current MDR situation, I would miss the tablecloths. If they did a complete revamp of the MDR and were going for a very modern feel, then no tablecloths would be appropriate...but for me it would require a modern table setting, etc.

Sent from my iPad

For the record, the tables are beautiful... I see no issue with it unless someone is really wound THAT TIGHT

1497815_658916764150888_493142290_n.jpg

I guess we'll have to concede that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder because I honestly see a stark and sterile looking room. If you think that is being wound tightly that's OK. No offence taken.

Part of the cruise experience for me is dining in attractive surroundings with good china and proper table linens.

If I want to chow down I'll go to Applebee's. :D