When do you get your block?

steveru621

:eek:Right now I have 331 Cruise points.... No blocks... Yep... I've asked... Yep... I've emailed... I've even talked to the Diamond Plus Rep at C&A... Still no blocks.. Oh well... We'll see what happens at the next milestone. Now I have to say we were recognized and received wonderful gifts under the old system... but since the change... no luck... no blocks... Only blocks I know about are those on Ebay. It is just sad there are 3 blocks out there looking for my bookcase!!

Thanks! Those are pretty. I guess I will have to wait awhile for mine, unless that lottery ticket comes through!:D

I have read where people plan their cruise so each of those milestones occur on a different ship so they can collect different ones. I'll be sure to ask for mine while making my next cruise reservation with the LA, if I ever get that far.

We reached 140 points on Explorer, I went to the LA, assistant, I believe. She quickly responded that the point requirement for the block had changed to a minimum of 240 points for a block. I believed her and now it seems that was not true. Not nice.

What would we do without CC?

I had never heard of a 'block', much less receive one. Looks like a call to C&A is in order. Will be quite happy if they mail me one, rather than present it on board......not much room for extra weight in the suitcase.

Thanks CC!

M.

• 4 weeks later...
What would we do without CC?

I had never heard of a 'block', much less receive one. Looks like a call to C&A is in order. Will be quite happy if they mail me one, rather than present it on board......not much room for extra weight in the suitcase.

Thanks CC!

M.

Are you sure that you qualify for one?

You need 140 cruise credits for your first block.

:)

We never got a block at 140 points. If it weren't for the information on CC, I would not have even known about the blocks!

I emailed C & A, and apparently our Jewel block is in the mail! I'm actually quite happy to get to mailed - they look pretty heavy.....not sure I would have wanted the extra pounds in my suitcase!

How are the points acquired? I assume so many per cruise. How many cruises

would it take to get the first one at 140?

One point per night cruising, plus one bonus point per night in a Junior Suite or above, plus one bonus point per night if you're cruising alone and paying the single-occupancy supplement. 140 points could be as few as 4 long cruises in a single-occupancy suite or as many as 47 3-night cruises.

Note that many members here earned points under the old system, where you got one point per cruise (two in a suite) regardless of length. When they moved to the new system, everyone's points were multiplied by 7, so those 140 points may only represent 20 3-night cruises (or 10 in a suite).

Edited by ahecht