When do you get your block?

steveru621

We got our block at 140 on the Navigator last January. I knew that we would get one on that cruise. I didn't ask about it...it just showed up in our room during the cruise.

Just a word of caution for those of you that get blocks on your cruise and have to fly home...Pack it safely in your checked luggage. I put it in my carry on beach bag and when it went through security at the airport, they did a bag check and pulled the block out of its box and swabbed the block.

Guest maddycat

I'm glad that I read this thread. I get such great information on CC. I called C&A today to tell them that we never received a crystal block in Nov. on the Explorer when we reached 146 pts. One is being shipped out to us and should arrive in 6-8 weeks.

The C&A rep. that I spoke to was very helpful. She also took care of a couple of other things for me while I was on the phone with her.

I understand your point of view. But in my mind it is. :)

It's irrelevant to me whether it's Miami or the LA. It's a small trinket but it's a symptom of a bigger problem. There also were no robes in our closet. If you are a diamond you should get free drinks from 5-8 on any ship. We were sitting in the same spot on the Jewel where the Diamond Club would be, but you only get 25% off. They blocked off the entire nightclub just like they do on the Allure. I don't see what a specific spot has to do with free drinks.

I was under the impression diamond coupons would happen automatically, Beer, wine, and photos coupons we had to ask.

All relatively silly little policy errors, but they are all important.

My two cents.

If you are expecting perfection, don't travel, you will surely be disappointed.

not sure where I heard this. :o

I do think it has something to do with how efficient the LA is. We should have had our first one on Jewel and only realised this after the cruise. We contacted Crown & Anchor and it was sent to us. Our second one was due on Serenade earlier this year and not only did we receive it but were presented with it at the Welcome Back party and given a copy of the photo which was taken. On this occasion the LA was Melissa, who has to be one of the most efficient LA's we've enountered - she's about Loyalty, and not just booking future cruises.

Just a word of caution for those of you that get blocks on your cruise and have to fly home...Pack it safely in your checked luggage. I put it in my carry on beach bag and when it went through security at the airport, they did a bag check and pulled the block out of its box and swabbed the block.

I guess TSA thought it was a new type of explosive. :p

If the people in the room are "linked" in C&A, then only one block.

"Linked" as in husband/wife, parent/child? What if my friend and I travel together all the time but we are not spouse or parent/child and we both reach the milestone?

Edited by nyc12345

"Linked" as in husband/wife, parent/child? What if my friend and I travel together all the time but we are not spouse or parent/child and we both reach the milestone?

If you are un-linked, then you should each get your own block.

I love this board - learn so much here! :)

My mother hit 144 points when we were on Oasis in October. I just called C&A and they are sending her the block. The nice rep on the phone says it was probably missed because they did not account for the double points from being in a suite.

I don't have a block haven't yet reached that milestone. Thinking of the stuff I have collected over the years from various lines, and not one of them is to be found anywhere where anyone would see them including me. So, I think of the block that you all have posted, and I am 99% certain that if I didn't get one given to me that I would be ok with it....

call me crazy.

jc

Once you've earned 140 cruise points, then you will receive a block with the addition of every 70 points earned.

I think that using the words laziness or incompetence is a little harsh. :( Since the information comes from C&A, it is very possible that the info was not emailed to the LA on Jewel for your sailing. Loyalty Ambassadors can not give out awards if they are not made aware of who is to receive them.

We got our 1st one on Allure last year. (210) A total surprise.

We will reach 140 on our 2nd leg of 3 cruises in 2014. should we call C&A prior to our sailing or just see the LA on the ship?

Our block just showed up in our cabin. We never had to ask anyone. If you don't get it by the last day or two, then ask. Otherwise, why not wait and be "surprised"? :rolleyes:

We did not expect a "block" but we recieved a mysterious formal invitation to an event on our last TA Galveston. There is not much happening on some sea days so we attended to see what it was about. There was a big group attending and we were given free drinks. There were speaches and all those attending were called to the front of the stage as individuals or couples and recognized by their point number. A picture was taken of them with the Captain presenting them their block. The photos were later delivered to the stateroom at no charge. It was a nice event sort of like a top tier party. This was our first block (140) and we did not know that you usually just find them on the bed. Ours was a WOW event and very special to us. The Mariner was on it's way to Asis that cruise and we really liked the ship so it is a good block for us. TSA did catch it but no problem really.

Did anyone else get their block at a party like this?

We did not expect a "block" but we recieved a mysterious formal invitation to an event on our last TA Galveston. There is not much happening on some sea days so we attended to see what it was about. There was a big group attending and we were given free drinks. There were speaches and all those attending were called to the front of the stage as individuals or couples and recognized by their point number. A picture was taken of them with the Captain presenting them their block. The photos were later delivered to the stateroom at no charge. It was a nice event sort of like a top tier party. This was our first block (140) and we did not know that you usually just find them on the bed. Ours was a WOW event and very special to us. The Mariner was on it's way to Asis that cruise and we really liked the ship so it is a good block for us. TSA did catch it but no problem really.

Did anyone else get their block at a party like this?

On the Navigator TA in November the LA, Reba, held a presentation ceremony on the last morning in the Viking Crown Lounge. We had champagne and she presented 110 crystal blocks:eek: Pictures were taken with Robert Taggart, the HD, but we did not receive a complimentary photo. It was a very nice touch. Reba was also the LA on Vision when I received my second block and she presented the blocks at the top tier party. ( just a few presented on that one.) All the blocks have just been left in the cabin.

Edited by ARCruisinNana