When do you get your block?

steveru621

Just check with the LA at the beginning of the cruise that you will reach 140 points.

I reached 140 last year on the Radiance in Oz. There were only about 20'ish D and D+ members on board at Xmas and the ceremony was quaint. Three members received blocks for reaching milestones and I didn't... I didn't even know about the blocks but I knew my pont total was a little over 140 when completing this cruise. I thought that maybe they'd curprise me and call my name but they didn't. No big deal, I didn't say anything to the DLC or ayone else. I'd follow up another time.

On my next cruise, and wthout telling anyone beforehand via email nor on the ship, during the first D ceremony/get-together I was presented my block.

I think you have had to have reached a milestone and it has to show up on your cruise history before you get on a cruise... I think. So if you're reaching a milestone during your cruise you're probably not registered on any list that you're getting a block.

Our two milestones were both reached in the middle of the cruise we were on at the time. We did not say anything about it, (we rarely talk to the LA's) and both blocks just appeared in our room. We have, however, been on cruises where the blocks were presented at the Welcome back or top tier party. I think it varies from ship to ship (LA to LA?) on how this is handled and may also depend on how many people are receiving one.

Sherri:)

I think you have had to have reached a milestone and it has to show up on your cruise history before you get on a cruise... I think. So if you're reaching a milestone during your cruise you're probably not registered on any list that you're getting a block.

No, you should receive the block on the cruise that you reach the milestone. It should be the block with the ship on it for the milestone. Some LA are more organized and good at the lists. If you think you should receive a block on your cruise, it doesn't hurt to check with the LA early in the cruise to make sure you are on the list. If you aren't, the LA has time to check with Miami about the point total.

Ah well, then it was good karma for me then .... I got an Oasis block instead of Radiance :)

:) Must be....Oasis class is the only one I'm missing. My first block was on Monarch. My daughter's first block was on Allure, but she won't share with me:( I'll get my Oasis block on the TA next fall:D

Thank you all for the information. As we re on the Radiance for 3 cruises and we reach 140 points on the 2nd cruise, we can wait and see & if we don't receive on that cruise, I'll ask the LA on the following cruise. In the long scheme of things, it is not a big deal but it will be nice to have.:)

No, you should receive the block on the cruise that you reach the milestone. It should be the block with the ship on it for the milestone. Some LA are more organized and good at the lists. If you think you should receive a block on your cruise, it doesn't hurt to check with the LA early in the cruise to make sure you are on the list. If you aren't, the LA has time to check with Miami about the point total.

We hit 140 on the final day of our December 12-23 Legend cruise. I asked the LA mid-cruise about the block, she checked our file, and then told me it would be in our room on the final day. It wasn't and I didn't think about it again until we returned home.

This was not a great cruise for us for a variety of reasons and I would really prefer to receive a block on our June Allure cruise. Would it be tacky to request that when I call to inquire tomorrow?

Hoppy

Edited by Hoppy2cruise

We hit 140 on the final day of our December 12-23 Legend cruise. I asked the LA mid-cruise about the block, she checked our file, and then told me it would be in our room on the final day. It wasn't and I didn't think about it again until we returned home.

This was not a great cruise for us for a variety of reasons and I would really prefer to receive a block on our June Allure cruise. Would it be tacky to request that when I call to inquire tomorrow?

Hoppy

It's worth a try, but I would not be surprised if they decline.

Thanks for your quick reply. I will ask, expecting the answer to be "no." The answer us always "no" if the question is not asked so it won't hurt to try.

I just realized that we actually have 150 cruise points after we completed this cruise, not 140, so I wonder why the block wouldn't have been given mid-cruise rather than the last day.

Hoppy

Thanks for your quick reply. I will ask, expecting the answer to be "no." The answer us always "no" if the question is not asked so it won't hurt to try.

I just realized that we actually have 150 cruise points after we completed this cruise, not 140, so I wonder why the block wouldn't have been given mid-cruise rather than the last day.

Hoppy

Each ship has their own way of distributing the blocks. Some do it at one of the repeater parties. Some send it to your stateroom. Sometimes the ship is out of stock and they get C&A to ship it to you later. Sometimes they just miss you for whatever reason. When we're on a milestone cruise, I visit the LA and ask if they have us on the milestone list and how they hand out the blocks. Most often, they give it to us right then.

We hit 140 on the final day .... would really prefer to receive a block on our June Allure cruise.

....Shhhh..... ;)

Go back and read post #51, you're on the exact same track as I was last year and I got my Oasis block which I really preferred :D

Each ship has their own way of distributing the blocks. Some do it at one of the repeater parties. Some send it to your stateroom. Sometimes the ship is out of stock and they get C&A to ship it to you later. Sometimes they just miss you for whatever reason. When we're on a milestone cruise, I visit the LA and ask if they have us on the milestone list and how they hand out the blocks. Most often, they give it to us right then.

I did visit the LA and told her we would reach the 140 milestone on this cruise so I was curious when/where we would receive the block. She went to the computer, looked up my file, and told me I would not have 140 points. I mentioned we were in a suite and she looked again and then told me it would be on our bed the last day. It wasn't. I'm not sure what else I could/should have done.

Hoppy

....Shhhh..... ;)

Go back and read post #51, you're on the exact same track as I was last year and I got my Oasis block which I really preferred :D

So, you never mentioned you were eligible for the block on the previous cruise? Maybe I should do that.

Sadly, we really aren't sure we want a milestone block as a reminder of Legend. The LA's attitude was typical of most of the crew. Hopefully, Allure's crew will be the happy and helpful people we have always known to be representative of RCL.

Hoppy

Edited by Hoppy2cruise

I did visit the LA and told her we would reach the 140 milestone on this cruise so I was curious when/where we would receive the block. She went to the computer, looked up my file, and told me I would not have 140 points. I mentioned we were in a suite and she looked again and then told me it would be on our bed the last day. It wasn't. I'm not sure what else I could/should have done.

Hoppy

I agree, you did all you should have had to do. Sounds like the LA dropped the ball.

Even if you are spouses but each have your own account you will receive one each.

I display all my blocks on my work cabinet for all my colleagues to see. :D

We just received our block on the Legend 12/12 cruise. While I was waiting for a computer, he went to the LA and asked if we were on the milestone list since I've read here on cc that mistakes can happen. They said the block would show in our cabin on our last full morning of the cruise and it did. We both have our own accounts but have always just received one block at a time, never two. I'm okay with that though, those things are heavy and we often fly to port.

was due to get a block on the Ex. and i told the LA that I already have a few Ex. blocks. I told her to keep this Ex. block as we were going on the Allure in 2 weeks after we got off the Ex. we prefer an Allure block. so she kept the Ex. block and e-mailed the Allure. when we arrived on the Allure, our block from the Allure was on our bed. As you can see, it all depends on your LA.

Edited by phish tales

I am glad to have come across this thread as I wasn't aware of the ship blocks and on our next cruise on the Brilliance we will hit 140 days...on the last day. But, it's a B2B with another 12 days after that, so if we don't get the block on the first leg of the cruise I have the second leg to get it. :)

They do look nice, I can't wait to get ours!

I am glad to have come across this thread as I wasn't aware of the ship blocks and on our next cruise on the Brilliance we will hit 140 days...on the last day. But, it's a B2B with another 12 days after that, so if we don't get the block on the first leg of the cruise I have the second leg to get it. :)

They do look nice, I can't wait to get ours!

I was going to get my 140 cruise block on the Brilliance TA along with you :), but I slid a 7 day cruise on the Serenade in at the end of January. I'm actually happy not to have to carry it back from London, plus the Serenade cruise is a family reunion of sorts, so I think it will carry greater memories for me.

I have to admit, it's my 1st one and I'm excited to hit that milestone as well. I can actually see Diamond + in my future, assuming they don't change the rules on me!

I was going to get my 140 cruise block on the Brilliance TA along with you :), but I slid a 7 day cruise on the Serenade in at the end of January. I'm actually happy not to have to carry it back from London, plus the Serenade cruise is a family reunion of sorts, so I think it will carry greater memories for me.

I have to admit, it's my 1st one and I'm excited to hit that milestone as well. I can actually see Diamond + in my future, assuming they don't change the rules on me!

Cheater!! :D:D

Bruce and I are the same, we never thought we would ever get to D+ but suddenly it's just a year or two away!!