Car rental at Port Everglades

Sue's Mom

We will be disembarking the Ruby in mid February and need to arrange car rental before we start off on our travels. Are all the rental companies in the same area at the port or are they dotted around? Ideally, I would like to collect a car from somewhere that it not too far away from the ship, if that's possible! Which one/ones should I go for is the question?

your best option being from the uk is to rent from the airport and book the car before you leave the uk, holiday autos or carhire3000 have all inclusive rates and would cost about 25 gbp a day midsize. there is a free bus that goes to the car rental centre at the airport from port everglades or a taxi would be about 15 usd. we have rented cars all over the usa using the above brokers and never had a problem. you usually end up with alamo or national.

We will be disembarking the Ruby in mid February and need to arrange car rental before we start off on our travels. Are all the rental companies in the same area at the port or are they dotted around? Ideally' date=' I would like to collect a car from somewhere that it not too far away from the ship, if that's possible! Which one/ones should I go for is the question?[/quote']

Just did it last Sunday and all you have to do is taxi to the airport {$13.00 }and they are all there. The airort will be the lowest rates !

Just did it last Sunday and all you have to do is taxi to the airport {$13.00 }and they are all there. The airort will be the lowest rates !

I often have good luck with Hertz Local Editions (this does NOT mean corporate locations such as the airport), that is, franchisees, and they tend to either pick up or reimburse reasonable taxi fare (up to $15 or 20). Haven't done it in FLL though.

Just as a bit of information:

Please realize that usually it would be much easier to just go to the airport and pick up a car. That does not mean it will be cheaper. In many cases, the cost could be higher due to airport concession fees, etc that are added on to the cost you will be paying.

Additionally, Hertz Local Edition facilities are convenient many times and there are many of them that are Hertz Corporate owned as well as independent franchise locations. I believe that whether or not they are corporate owned has no bearing upon being reimbursed for taxi fare.

Just do not want anyone to be misled.

Good Luck

Jed

Hi,

We use Budget Rental Car on 17th Street . It is about 10 minutes from the ship. They have a free shuttle that takes to and from the ship. Very easy.

Enjoy:)

Lance (Lance1224)

We use that location as well, except we grab a cab rather than a shuttle and we can rent our car, and leave before the large crowd gets there.:)

We used Thrifty last week, for a day rental since our flight wasn't till 7 PM. They were around $50/day, & picked up at the port. They do not go to the airport but there was a independent van who did it for a $10 tip. We suspect he may have been unlicensed to do that, since he said that, and the drop off point was a little always from where we really needed to be. A cab would be about the same since the airport is very close by. I can't remember the name on the van, but it wasn't unmarked, so perhaps he was licensed for elsewhere. There are a couple go gas stations right on the street leading to the port, but on the opposite side,