Goodbye Carnival Fantasy?

Justyman87

Anyone can put anything on Wikipedia. I could go on there and write the the Fantasy will be doing all nude cruises to mars, and if you read it on the Internet, it must be true. I just hope it's a closed loop and falls under the WHTI.

You don’t think we know that? Not to be rude but the reason I posted it on a CRUISE forum is for others to post there input and share any possible information they have. Sorry for asking a question. :roll eyes:

In all seriousness I doubt it would be a cruise to go over, probably just send it off to a dry dock.

Edited by Justyman87

I wouldn't be surprised. It's their oldest ship (1990 build), and Ibero already has the Celebration and Holiday. It's still a great ship, and makes sense to me.

It makes sense. Its time to move on. Shes very small to.

Will still be in the CCL family.

Edited by limoguy1

the NCL SKY has been rumored to be for sale for a couple years.. But NCL just bought her outright (was 50% owner) and it sails nearly full 2x a week.. Doing Bahamas run..

Actually, Sky was sold to another company in 2009 and chartered back to NCL. NCL exercised their purchase option in 2012 and bought it back. It's almost 10 years newer than Fantasy. What does all this have to do with the fact that Fantasy is listed for sale?

Edited by EZ4

Actually, Sky was sold to another company in 2009 and chartered back to NCL. NCL exercised their purchase option in 2012 and bought it back. It's almost 10 years newer than Fantasy. What does all this have to do with the fact that Fantasy is listed for sale?

If you scroll down on the link you provide you would notice the sky is still for sale

I'm not seeing the Sky. Are you referring to Thomson Majesty (former NCL Majesty) perhaps?

Maybe so just looked like a NCL ship But I looked up the sky it doenst look like her.. and the sky was finished in the late 90s

I'm not seeing the Sky. Are you referring to Thomson Majesty (former NCL Majesty) perhaps?

I agree. That is the Thomson Majesty, currently chartered to Louis Cruises (Greece?) since 2008 I believe.

Quite possible that it's nearing the end of the charter term, so it could be going up for sale.

As far as the other listing being the Fantasy, hmmm... Sure does look like a match per the details of the listing. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Sale of the ship may just get the city of Charleston for figure out if it wants to be in the cruise business or not.

What did they learn from renaming the Destiny? A little blip of unpopularity with some, but nothing bad that I've heard of.

Uh, Carnival Cruise Lines went through a little more than just a blip of unpopularity in 2013. I don't believe in any of the superstitious mumbo jumbo, but those who do had a good ol' time linking the Destiny's renaming to all the bad things that happened to Carnival afterwards.

Anyone can put anything on Wikipedia

I could go on there and write the the Fantasy will be doing all nude cruises to mars,

and if you read it on the Internet, it must be true..

All of the above quote is true, anyone can submit.

BUT will it stick?

If you've tried this, and gone back a few days later to check your submission

you'll see that the draconian WikiPolice have quickly deleted your submission

unless it meets Wikipedia's strict submission rules!

How do I know? Been there, done that!

Only submissions to Wiki's "stub articles" remain intact ;)

The stuff we read on Wikipedia isn't submitted by mindless teenagers.

All submissions are quickly scrutinised

- and deleted, if not of absolute sterling quality!

I've tried! -with stuff I know to be scientifically(Marine Bio) true

-and it still gets tossed if not supported in literature. :)

I don't believe in any of the superstitious mumbo jumbo,

but those who do had a good ol' time

linking Destiny's renaming to all the bad things that happened to Carnival afterwards.

Like you, I give zero credibility to mumbo-jumbo beliefs based in mythology.

The general public has little idea

how many and how often ships get re-named ad infinitum, ad nauseum

particularly as they get older and start to change hands from line to line.

The list of ships and re-names goes on and on and ON.

The awful truth is that humanity enjoys believing Mythology

over the boring logic of Science, any day!!

Edited by Aplmac

What did they learn from renaming the Destiny? A little blip of unpopularity with some, but nothing bad that I've heard of.

A little blip? I hardly think the string of very bad luck in 2013 to be a little blip.

A little blip?

I hardly think the string of very bad luck in 2013 to be a little blip.

I agree with you 100%

but it had nothing to do with what the gods had in mind for us. :D

It had a lot more to do with human "operator error"

and lack of quality control. :)

I agree with you 100%

but it had nothing to do with what the gods had in mind for us. :D

It had a lot more to do with human "operator error"

and lack of quality control. :)

You have your religion; I have mine.

Uh, Carnival Cruise Lines went through a little more than just a blip of unpopularity in 2013. I don't believe in any of the superstitious mumbo jumbo, but those who do had a good ol' time linking the Destiny's renaming to all the bad things that happened to Carnival afterwards.

I guess I missed the boat on that one! :D I didn't associate the renaming of one ship to issues with other ships in the fleet.

I suppose that if something happened to a Celebrity ship, some people on this forum would tie it to Carnival since both companies start with the letter C. :p

Makes since that they would pull out of Charleston.. they have left Norfolk and will be leaving Baltimore due to the new laws being put into affect along the coast.

Charleston needs to think long and hard before they commit millions into building a new terminal. Carnival has proven to be fickle and less than reliable when it comes to commitments to homeports.