Soda "machines" w/ new drink packages

mompells

I am looking to purchase two drink packages for an upcoming April sailing on the FOS. It says that the $40 package and the $55 packages include soda with a souvenir cup. What I want to know is ............ are the soda machines that have the different flavors included in these packages? Can we take our souvenir cups and use them at these machines that are on board?

I am looking to purchase two drink packages for an upcoming April sailing on the FOS. It says that the $40 package and the $55 packages include soda with a souvenir cup. What I want to know is ............ are the soda machines that have the different flavors included in these packages? Can we take our souvenir cups and use them at these machines that are on board?

And the answer is.........YES!

The cups have an RFID chip in them that will activate the freestyle soda machines on ships that have them.

If your ship doesn't have the machines you can take the cup to any bar and have them fill it with soda for you.

• 1 month later...
Curious where the machines are located? If you don't happen to have your cup with you can you just go to a bar and get a glass of soda/pop?

Machines are located around the pool deck. If you don't have your cup, you just show your card to a bartender or waiter. They put a sticker on it indicating you have the pkg.

Machines are located around the pool deck. If you don't have your cup, you just show your card to a bartender or waiter. They put a sticker on it indicating you have the pkg.

Which ship has freestyle machines around the pool deck? I have seen them on either side in the Windjammer, on the Royal Promenade and in the Arcade.

Yes they are.

When we went they were on either side of the Splash Zone. Wonder if they've been moved or taken out all together. There was always a massive line.

Hmmm, interesting. Are you sure it wasn't a line at the soft serve machine? I didn't think the Freestyle machines could be out in the elements because of all the electronics.

Hmmm, interesting. Are you sure it wasn't a line at the soft serve machine? I didn't think the Freestyle machines could be out in the elements because of all the electronics.

Nope, definitely not the soft serve. Yes those are beyond crazy lines. These used to be on the sides, under a covered roof area, where the loungers were. We actually got stuck with chairs one time with the dispensers in front of us b/c they were the only chairs available near the Splash Zone so we could see the kids.

Which ship has freestyle machines around the pool deck? I have seen them on either side in the Windjammer, on the Royal Promenade and in the Arcade.

In November, Enchantment had one as you entered the Windjammer and one in the Centrum. Those were the two I used. If there were any more, I couldn't tell you. I was usually able to just walk up to the machines at any time of day or night. Our cruise was just about fully booked but, we also had rough seas so maybe that something to do with it. At the most here may have been one person in front of me that I would have to wait for.

They do have ice but I honestly thought the pop that comes out of those things tasted terrible. I only used one once and it didn't taste anything like the "regular coke" that I selected. More like a combination of coke and fruit punch. I just got them filled at the bars after that. But yes they have ice and are for sure in windjammer and promenade by Sorrentos.

Freedom of seas anyway.