Princess Cabin Assignments

Cabob1

Going on the Coral Princess next month and chose the option when I booked that they will assign a guaranteed category ME mini suite. Has anybody had any experience with this? Wondering how long it takes to get assigned a cabin.

Going on the Coral Princess next month and chose the option when I booked that they will assign a guaranteed category ME mini suite. Has anybody had any experience with this? Wondering how long it takes to get assigned a cabin.

In general, they will begin berthing the guarantees a few weeks before the sailing, but it is certainly possible that you won't find out your cabin assignment until you reach the pier... all part of the fun of booking a guarantee! :)

We usually get ours two to three weeks before the cruise starts .

We're on the Emerald in a couple of weeks time and we still haven't had a cabin assigned, so I shouldn't worry. You may not get it until you check in. The longer the wait, the better, in my opinion.

I don't have any personal experience with "guarenteed" categories, but IMHO none of the MEs would classify as being unacceptable. Or at minimum acceptable. I hope so: I have an ME booked on Caribbean Princess.:p

Looking at Coral's deck plan there are only 6 MEs on Dolphin, all immediately aft of the Dolphin deck forward elevators, and 24, farther forward, on Caribe.

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=CO

Bon Voyage.:)

I have been assigned a cabin with a GTY booking as soon as one hour after booking and as late as a week before the cruise as well at times between these two extremes.

As others have said, it could come at any time or even not until checking in for the cruise (although that is relatively rare).

By the way. If you have booked with a travel agent, Princess should notifyt the TA about your cabin assignment and the TA should then notify you. If your booking is with Princess, Princess should nbotify you directly.

Because that communication does not always work (E-mails to spam files, TA on vacation, etc.), many people find out about the assignment by checking online now and then with the personalizer on the Princess web site.

Edited by caribill

I always book guarantees, they're usually fun, waiting and wondering where you'll end up. We have a suite guarantee on the ruby and still no cabin assignment. The ship is sold out and there are only 28 suites in total so I am wondering too when I'll get my assigment. :)

We leave in 20 days!

I've never waited this long for a room number but I'm guaranteed to be on the ship so I'm happy. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Forums mobile app

Edited by WendyG

Do they ever change the cabin assignment once they have assigned your cabin for a guarantee, particularly on a BTB where the same cabin for both sailings is requested?

Yes. And in my case they changed from a same cabin to keep a different same cabin for both segments.

We were just on the Dec.8 Royal sailing and booked a guarantee balcony and received an upgrade to a deluxe balcony 3 weeks before our cruise. We booked a guarantee balcony back in 2006 on the Grand and had our cabin assigned 2 -3 months before the cruise. Guess it all varies.

Enjoy your cruise.

For our 12/22/13 cruise on the Sapphire, we booked a ME guarantee about a month before sailing. We got our cabin number on 12/16/13 - it was an MA right next to the central elevators. It was an absolutely perfect location.

On our Coral Alaska Cruise in August we booked an assigned mini-suite and were upgraded to a Vista Suite about a week before sailing.

Do they ever change the cabin assignment once they have assigned your cabin for a guarantee, particularly on a BTB where the same cabin for both sailings is requested?

Yes and yes. Nobody wants to change cabins, but they can't always comply.