Question about interconnecting rooms

shamela

Hello, fellow cruisers...

I just booked a cruise on the Jade (and I'm SUPER excited) - but I just noticed that I've been assigned a cabin that connects with another room. Has anyone here ever had one of those rooms? Does much noise come through from the adjoining cabin? I'm wondering if I should try and change it, or just go with the flow (hey, there are worse problems to have... like NOT being booked on a Mediterranean cruise!). Also, the location is pretty great. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I agree that it totally depends on your neighbors. The space under the doors allows in more noise than a solid wall, so if you have a noisy neighbor you'll notice it.

Another consideration is where the door is. Maybe someone who traveled on a Jewel class ship in a connector can chime in, but on the Epic you lose one of the two closets if you have a door.

We had connecting door on a mid-mid balcony on the N.Star last month, and I heard one ask-and-answer dialogue (and not really HEARD it as in eavesdropping, just heard voices) ONCE, several days into the trip and never again. Until then I thought the cabin was empty (if I thought anything at all)!

I was standing near the wall/door when this happened, might have been why.

So if you have a sweet location, stick with it! You could move and end up with far worse noise.

Last month we had a connecting cabin on GEM (sister of Jade) and our neighbors were VERY noisy and we heard them clearly--in the middle of the night. So like others said, it depends on whom you get as neighbors. I personally am not willing to take a chance with a connecting cabin on a long cruise.

On both of our cruises we had a connecting door. You probably hear less noise through the door than the wall.

I'm assuming it's like a hotel that has a double door opening into each room and therefore you have twice the noise protector than you do with the wall.

Just got off the gem and there was a lot of smoke smell from our neighbors who were smoking in their rooms. NCL came up and taped my door. I heard muffled but loudish conversations occassionally and several f-bombs. Plus you could hear the toilet flush during the night (I am assuming they didn't close the door to the bathroom. I don't think I would ever get a connecting room again. But essentially, it's the luck of the draw on who your neighbors are.

Just got off the gem and there was a lot of smoke smell from our neighbors who were smoking in their rooms. NCL came up and taped my door. I heard muffled but loudish conversations occassionally and several f-bombs. Plus you could hear the toilet flush during the night (I am assuming they didn't close the door to the bathroom. I don't think I would ever get a connecting room again. But essentially, it's the luck of the draw on who your neighbors are.

NCL taped the door? They didn't go and check it out? There is no longer smoking in cabins, just on the balcony which is a long way from the connecting door.

NCL taped the door? They didn't go and check it out? There is no longer smoking in cabins, just on the balcony which is a long way from the connecting door.

I wasn't privy to how they handled the smokers, nor did I ask. Their cabin steward said that they would not let him in the room to clean and I reported that to guest services. NCL followed up the next day with a call to see if the situation in my room was OK. And generally it was except for faint smoke smell ocassionaly near the closet.

Later in the week, I did see the steward servicing that room.

On both of our cruises we had a connecting door. You probably hear less noise through the door than the wall.

Not generally true due to gaps around the doors, especially the bottom, so they can open and close

We have had connecting cabins twice the first there were somkers and smoke was coming under door, it was a 19 day cruise so I hunted udown maintenance got a roll of duck tape and taped the entire door.

Second was Hawaii honey moon couple next door with some of their wedding party on board.

So we never book a connecting cabin ever.