Crown and Anchor "not so loyal"

[quote name='Florida Scorpion']Don't forget the dedicated pinnacle member who gets to drive the life boat.[/quote]

Driving the life boat is for chumps!

At Rhenium Level, I get to take the entire ship out for a spin each cruise! AND they fly in my personal stateroom on a helicopter for me.

[quote name='golfpccc']I have to stick up for texasaggiemom - after all, us Aggies have to stick together...LOL. We are also D and 1 cruise away from D+ and were on the 12/8 & 12/22 Navigator cruise. We all knew there was no DL when we booked this cruise, that wasn't the problem. The LA, Concierge or who ever is in charge of notifying the D, D+ and P members of their benefits was really lacking with giving out information, at least to the Diamond members. Since there was no DL on the Navigator and to handle the over 300 D, D+ & P members on board, there were 3 lounges opened to handle the overflow. The Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts on Deck 14 and the Ixtapa Lounge on Deck 5 and of course the CL was open to D+ & P members. We have been on several ships without a DL & on the Mariner when Cleopatra's was used, for everyone, instead of the DL to handle the large number of members last Dec. In the past when these lounges were open D, D+ & P had the option to go to any of the lounges that were open for the overflow. Herein lies the problem, when D members tried to enter the lounges on Deck 14 they were stopped at the door and informed that they could not enter, they could only go to the Ixtapa Lounge. It was more of the attitude and the way in which the D members were informed that caused the problems. There were 2 concierges on board, one in the CL and the other stayed in lounges on Deck 14, never once did she step foot into the Diamond area. I don't know what happened to all the D members, over 200 on board, but there were never more than a dozen people in the Ixtapa Lounge. Since we only drink wine, this lounge was fine with us and our friends, except our D+ friends eventually only visited the Deck 14 lounges mainly because the snacks were so much better up stairs, mixed drinks were served and there was a beautiful view. Towards the end of the week our bartenders informed us that they were moving the D people back upstairs for the 1/22 sailing.

The 2nd week (22nd sailing) we were on board we received a letter in our cabin stating that the Nightly Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle event would be held in the Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts Lounges on Deck 14. So, Sun night we head up to the lounges, show are cards at the door and start to enter when we are pulled back and told, "you can't go in there"!! I mentioned that we had received a letter telling us this was where the nightly event was being held. We were then informed that the Diamonds were only allowed into the Viking Crown Lounge and that the CN & SH Lounges were for D+ and P only. She then told me I should go down to the LA and have her retype my letter showing the correct Lounge (all Diamonds received the same letter). Again, we were fine with having our nightly event in the Viking Crown Lounge, after all, it is a gorgeous lounge and the view, the best - but we did miss meeting new D+& P's on these 2 cruises. It was just the way we were told and treated by the people checking cards. Then, on Wed night we are informed that the Mystery Dinner was being held in the Viking Crown and that they needed our chairs to set up for the dinner that started at 6:30. Honestly, I don't know what happened when the dinner started because at this point, we were tired of being kicked around and decided to leave and go to the show.

Don't get me wrong, we really appreciate the free nightly event and think it is wonderful and I do believe that D+ and P. deserve more benefits than D, in the past I can honestly say as Diamond we have always been made to feel special and appreciated, lets just say we were not WOWED. It is just that we have had such great times meeting D+ and P members in the lounges on other cruises, some are now are best friends and we now cruise together several times a year. I really think that once the DL is added to the Navigator this will solve the problems, hopefully. But just wonder what they will do if there is a high number of top C&A members on board after the renovation. The Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts lounges will no longer be available for overflow since they are being turned into the Izumi, Asian restaurant and Viking Crown will become a night club.

No matter what, Galveston is our home port and we are thrilled that the Navigator will be ported here year round, at least until May 2015, and we plan to sail on her as often as possible. Just hoping we have the WOW factor on our next NOS cruise![/quote]

Based on your observations, a question:

Do you have an expectation that the Consiege from the CL when there is not a DL should come and gree the D members?

I fully understand the frustration that the D event area as spelled out in the note that you recieved was incorrect. That has happened to us, as well. When we got to the appointed lounge, we were surprised to see food out for a D Event, and then the bartender then told us that this was the overflow for the CL. While we had a short discussion- it was not his fault that we got wrong information, so we went out to the VCL to have our wine. Frustrating, sure.

Not sure how to ask about the expectations to intereact with D+ and Pinnacle members- that only would happen if they move to the D lounge from the CL. So they are making an effort to see you. But that was an interesting observation.

Also, the observation that D members were able to go into the overflow areas for the D+, Pinnacle, and Suite people. I wonder if the past experience was not to be intended, which is why there's a person checking IDs.

In the end, it's a personal choice whether this is a big deal or not.

[quote name='texasaggiemom']Is anyone else seeing disappointing service within the Crown and Anchor department of Royal Caribbean? In 2012 and beginning of 2013 my husband and I sailed the Mariner out of Galveston for 4 weeks and as Diamond members had a wonderful experience under Eric Lafitte. December 2012 we sailed on the Navigator that replaced the Mariner from Galveston. I have never seen so many unhappy diamond members ever. We no longer had a concierge, limited bar service and we were separated from our diamond plus friends. But frankly it was the attitude of crown and anchor that was the most disturbing. We didn't receive information in our rooms, etc. I was so looking forward to a ship year round from Galveston. After talking to other diamond members it appears that they are no longer loyal to royal Caribbean but starting to hop cruise lines. I am one cruise away from Diamond Plus but every time I deal with crown and anchor I am aggravated! Sad for Royal Caribbean that actually does a good job but then all is lost when dealing with the loyalty program.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you are blaming The Crown and Anchor, as a whole, for the lack of service you received on your sailing. It is the particular person on that ship that was not giving you the service that you were use to.

In 2012 we did a B2B on The Navigator of the Seas. With so many Diamond and Diamond Plus (only one Pinnacle couple on board) she mentioned that she was too over-whelmed and just didn't have time for everyone's request. We didn't even get a Diamond/Diamond Plus gift because there were "just too many of us onboard." Her words not mine.

Too many Diamonds - there needs to be a Diamond die-off. ;-)

RCI needs to keep pace with lounge venues or else increase the requirements to make Diamond so that their expectations can be met with proper lounges without the need to spill over into adjacent lounges. Extend Platinum to 175 nights and make all Diamond+ simply Diamond. Make Pinnacle like 350 nights and what, Divine Pinnacle or Pinnacle + at 700 nights?

It's starting to become untenable.

Just sayin.....

[quote name='Oak Hill Cruisers']Too many Diamonds - there needs to be a Diamond die-off. ;-)

RCI needs to keep pace with lounge venues or else increase the requirements to make Diamond so that their expectations can be met with proper lounges without the need to spill over into adjacent lounges. Extend Platinum to 175 nights and make all Diamond+ simply Diamond. Make Pinnacle like 350 nights and what, Divine Pinnacle or Pinnacle + at 700 nights?

It's starting to become untenable.

Just sayin.....[/quote]

There has been talk of a voucher system. Time will tell on that. It may be the future and this whole overflow lounge will be a thing of old! If no drinks are served in any lounge but vouchers are given out it will free up space and allow folks to disperse through the ship. Those that feel the need to be around 'like minded cruisers' they can go get a drink from anywhere and meet back in the DL that I bet will be empty if no drinks are served there.

• 3 weeks later...
When did the beer and booze go to 25% off in the Diamond lounge. We were on Indy last fall and it was free..

Or was it because there didn't seem to be many D,D+,P on board so they dropped the charge... (we had a note in our cabin saying it was free)

~dave (Diamond)

The 25% discount applies to the "Diamond Event" that is held on ships with no diamond lounge. Indy has a diamond lounge so drinks would be free during the cocktail hour

When did the beer and booze go to 25% off in the Diamond lounge. We were on Indy last fall and it was free..

Indy has a Diamond Lounge. Wine, beer, cocktails are at no charge. Jewel does not have a Diamond Lounge, yet. They have a Diamond Event. At the Diamond Event only wine, champagne and fountain drinks are at no charge. Other drinks are available at 25% discount. There are only a few ships that do not have a diamond lounge.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Since we will be going on our first RCCL cruise, I don't know a thing about the loyalty program. With all the talk about segregation by exclusive tiers, I suppose the best we can hope for is a glass of toilet water down in the lower level hole.

Since we will be going on our first RCCL cruise, I don't know a thing about the loyalty program. With all the talk about segregation by exclusive tiers, I suppose the best we can hope for is a glass of toilet water down in the lower level hole.

Is that your expectation then you are going to be surprised at what is available to you. LOL

There is not really segregation by exclusive tiers. The Concierge Club and Diamond Club are just a very tiny part of the ship. Make sure you attend the Captian's Reception. It's usually on the first formal night and champagne is served to all.

You are currently a Diamond Member and therefore are eligible to use the Diamond Lounge on those ships that have such a lounge. If the ship has no Diamond Lounge, as Navigator did not at the time of your sailing, then you went to the nightly Diamond Event which does not have the same amenities as the Concierge Lounge nor does it have a Concierge to assist you.

Once you become Diamond Plus, you will be eligible to not only use the Diamond Lounge, but also the Concierge Lounge.:) This lounge is for guests booked in a GS or higher cabin category, Diamond Plus Members as well as Pinnacle Club Members.

Guests booked in a Grand Suite or higher cabin category are eligible to use the Concierge Lounge no matter what level they are in C&A.

I am Gold and booked for 9 days on deluxe Oceanview stateroom with balcony ( two staterooms actually). Do I qualify for Concierge Lounge. I don't drink but perhaps these amenity rooms are not over crowded?

I am Gold and booked for 9 days on deluxe Oceanview stateroom with balcony ( two staterooms actually). Do I qualify for Concierge Lounge. I don't drink but perhaps these amenity rooms are not over crowded?

Sorry, you won't be able to go to the CL. It's for Suites and D+ and PC. Diamond Club is for Diamond level and above. You will receive an invitation to the Welcome Back Party. All are welcome at the Captain's Reception.

Sorry, you won't be able to go to the CL. It's for Suites and D+ and PC. Diamond Club is for Diamond level and above. You will receive an invitation to the Welcome Back Party. All are welcome at the Captain's Reception.

Thanks. My wife may like the Captain get together, I suppose that is fairly crowded? Light snack and beverages at that event?

To be honest the exclusive lounge is fine if you're in a group and want some cheepo :D drinks in a quite(?) setting, but it is kinda like those airport exclusive lounges...functional and peaceful (bar the people on the cell phones working!:eek:!), but not as much fun as the main airport bars with the ebb and flow, music, TV's and interaction...but you're pay #10 a pint... to each their own...

Edited by davsen