Oasis - Comedy Show Reservations

big bro

Hi All, we are on the Feb 22nd sailing on Oasis and dont care much for the shows in the theater but do like the comedians. We tried to book the comedy shows and it says they are already booked so I called RC and the confirmed that....???? What happened to being spontaneous while on vacation??? You have to prebook everything 3 months in advance??? In our past 10 cruises, 8 with Princess and 2 on Indy we never ever ever had to prebook comedy shows?? How were we to know this?? Now we cannot see the comedy show all week?? Please Help!!

Edited by Host Jacquelyn

Hi All, we are on the Feb 22nd sailing on Oasis and dont care much for the shows in the theater but do like the comedians. We tried to book the comedy shows and it says they are already booked so I called RC and the confirmed that....???? What happened to being spontaneous while on vacation??? You have to prebook everything 3 months in advance??? In our past 10 cruises, 8 with Princess and 2 on Indy we never ever ever had to prebook comedy shows?? How were we to know this?? Now we cannot see the comedy show all week?? Really pissed in Ottawa. Please Help!!

Big Bro,

They do a line for guests with no reservations previous to every show, if there are open seats. I have been to the show on different sailings and have always seen some people being admitted prior to the show start. There are always 2 shows, and a couple nights there is a late show as well. On the last night they do a large show in the Opal theatre, and you do not need a reservation. I have been told it is close to the same show from every night of the week.

They also do a show called "throw me a line" in Studio B. It is like Who's Line is it Anyway. No reservations and really funny. Some bad language but they give great advance warming. It is towards the end of the cruise.

Do not fret you will see the comedians, but it sucks that you didn't know about the reservation system. I hope you know about booking other shows in advance, such as Aqua Theatre etc... Enjoy the shows and try to take in all that there is to do on board. Try the Flowrider, towards the beginning of the cruise, it gets busy at the end. I hope you have a great time, even with this hick-up in the beginning.

Andrew

Have somebody in your party in line 30 minutes before the show and you'll get in. I saw the show 3 times last time on Oasis, saw same show twice in fact.

Have to check out the 'who's line is it anyway' show next week on Oasis.

Thanks Andrew, makes us feel a little better. We dont try and plan too far in advance and "fly by the seat of our pants" Like to be spontaneous. Cheers!

That's the idea. There is so much on board you could be busy all day or relax just relax by the pool. You will find Canucks by the Flowrider.

Enjoy yourself in the warm weather. My best man lives in Ottawa and it sounds like you need some heat.

Andrew

Hi All, we are on the Feb 22nd sailing on Oasis and dont care much for the shows in the theater but do like the comedians. We tried to book the comedy shows and it says they are already booked so I called RC and the confirmed that....???? What happened to being spontaneous while on vacation??? You have to prebook everything 3 months in advance??? In our past 10 cruises, 8 with Princess and 2 on Indy we never ever ever had to prebook comedy shows?? How were we to know this?? Now we cannot see the comedy show all week?? Really pissed in Ottawa. Please Help!!

Try going to Studio B as soon as you board. They handle reservations there.

There are also standby lines if you can't make reservations. I'd say 20 mins before show time.

There is a chance they will have the comedians do a no reservation show in the main theater on the final night of the cruise if it proves very popular and ppl complain they can't get in.

It seems the reservation system is mainly to get people to coordinate their own times and sort of self-monitor; they don't distribute show tickets or check you going in.

We're on the same sailing: The comedy club is a very small venue, only holds about 120 +

So yes it can be tough, we booked our about 3 weeks ago guess we were lucky. They do hold some back for on board booking as well.

Good luck.

As soon as you get on board, you will see kiosks for booking shows along the Promenade. Go to one of those and book your Comedy Show. If you don't see one, ask one of the "Officers ..Suit " you see lined up on the Promenade deck where to go to sign up for the Comedy Club.

No worries, if you pursue this the 1st day of boarding you will be in the Comedy Club

Have somebody in your party in line 30 minutes before the show and you'll get in. I saw the show 3 times last time on Oasis, saw same show twice in fact.

Have to check out the 'who's line is it anyway' show next week on Oasis.

How about having your whole party in line 30 minutes before the show. There's nothing worse than hearing the old "We're with them" or "They're with us" when you've been standing in line for 30 minutes.

The comedy show on the Oasis and Allure is the toughest one to book. There are not enough seats x 15 (the number of times that the show is performed in a week) to fit every passenger on the ship. It is the one that "sells" out first.

Despite what some people have written, it is quite possible to NOT be able to get in.

The best time to try the stand-by line is on the first night.

The farther into the cruise you go, the harder it will be to get in.

And you can't always get what you want.

:)

Just like some people are planners, and follow their lists down to each letter, some people sign up ahead of time, but end up just doing something else. I wouldn't worry about it, or let it stress you. You have a good shot to see the comedy shows, and i'm sure you will have an awesome cruise :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by rutgersgirl27

As soon as you board the ship head downstairs to Studio B there will be people there to help you set up and make any changes to reservations DO NOT go to guest services you will be wasting your time while other go to the right place ahead of you. They hold back a number of tickets from online booking for this purpose so don't sweat it.

Hi, will be sailing on Explorer OTS, my first RCCL cruise this coming April. It is a much smaller ship than Oasis. Do I have to worry about "pre-booking" or "reservation" for shows?

TIA

Nope no worries! If if you wanted to they don't even offer reservations. There is always plenty of seating for shows on the explorer. The ice show will be scheduled due to your muster station. The compass will have the times for that.

Yes it is RCCL's fault for building a comedy club that holds 150 guests with 5000 on board!

It was quite deliberate and not a mistake.

1. Not everyone is eligible to attend. The show is restricted to 18 and older.

2. Not everyone wants to attend.

3. Some shows are just meant to be presented in a smaller, more intimate venue. This is one of them.

4. As previously stated, the show is performed 15 times in a week.

5. The comedians do a "cleaned up" version of their show in the main theater on the final night of the cruise, open to all without reservations.

I understand your frustration at not knowing to book shows, but it's on your "my cruises" page in RCCL (same place you fill out your SetSail). If you don't know about that, I suggest you log on, or create a log on, and fill out your SetSail, download your documents, and be prepared to print your luggage tags.

But you seem upset that you "have" to make reservations as you state you like to be "spontaneous." You don't "have to," as others have said, just show up (be spontaneous), you just may not get in. Me, I like reserving the show, then I know I can get in. If I choose to go at a different time, I can. You can get in line for any show. So you can still be "spontaneous." Personally, I like the system. I don't have to get in line 45 minutes before opening. I just go down about 30 minutes, walk straight in without waiting, and generally get the seat I want. Works for me.

You will be able to see the show. I think my son and his friend last July saw the comedy show at least 4 times while on board. They loved it.

Not to be rude but it does explain in the pre-cruise planner on RC to book your reservations ahead of time. We pre-booked everything both times on the Oasis and the Allure. We didn't get to every reservation but it was helpful plus I had everything printed out ahead of time.

Don't let it ruin your vacation. Step back, adapt and overcome (US Marine Corp philosophy)

:p

It was quite deliberate and not a mistake.

1. Not everyone is eligible to attend. The show is restricted to 18 and older.

2. Not everyone wants to attend.

3. Some shows are just meant to be presented in a smaller, more intimate venue. This is one of them.

4. As previously stated, the show is performed 15 times in a week.

5. The comedians do a "cleaned up" version of their show in the main theater on the final night of the cruise, open to all without reservations.

Totally agree with #3! A smaller venue gives it that intimate atmosphere that you would have say in a comedy club in Manhattan. You lose something by hosting it in a large theater. Original stand up comedy is meant to be in a small setting. Royal does a great job at replicating experiences as they should be.