What I Will Miss About Carnival

Blk_Amish

I am missing somethings already and I haven't sailed another line as yet. Now, for some Carnival is the cheaper line but for me it was the fun line that I would be willing to pay premium for. From my last cruise what I will miss leaving or when/if I return. I try not to do the same vacation or same line too often

12012746803_a93b653957.jpg

[/url] , cold soup

12013277816_f6ab3764d4.jpg

, yummpy

11333091033_de6b703ee5.jpg

, tablecloth every night

The people along the way, not taking life too seriously. 12012746773_d81c23aeef.jpg

, got dressed up

12013274766_e51910e5c3.jpg

by ,

12012455505_b9af1a3899.jpg

Stay tune for when we dropped it!

After 6 Carnivals and lately 2 Princess, there is nothing I miss about Carnival. Stale cigarette stench? Don't miss. Rowdy guests? Don't miss. Old movies? Don't miss. Bad pizza? Don't miss. Sewer smell? Don't miss. 2 things I do miss: steel drum band and the old burgers and hot dogs.

After 6 Carnivals and lately 2 Princess, there is nothing I miss about Carnival. Stale cigarette stench? Don't miss. Rowdy guests? Don't miss. Old movies? Don't miss. Bad pizza? Don't miss. Sewer smell? Don't miss. 2 things I do miss: steel drum band and the old burgers and hot dogs.

Thank you. If we miss something then we know the time spend was worth it. This is about why Carnival is special, fun.

Someone might look at these pics and say the rowdy guests were she and her son:D We had fun and going through the pics reminded me of how much.

WE took the time to dress up, so far from Denny's casual.

12013509044_a4943aea2f.jpg

[/url] by ,

Edited by Blk_Amish

I agree. Carnival has been a lot of fun for my family.I appreciate the great memories that they have helped us create at a reasonable price. We are booked for the Breeze this summer and can't wait.

In addition to our yearly family cruise I always do a golf trip with friends during March Madness. For the heck of it I looked at cruises during that time. I found a Princess cruise dirt cheap. We are doing that for our March trip. I would have preferred Carnival or Royal for the fun, especially for a group of friends but Princess was a lot less. go figure.

Oh well I will give them a try.

Btw, Our family has also done NCL Epic. Awesome ship for a family w/teens. DW and I have done Royal with friends and have never been disappointed.

I like trying new lines/ships. Hope Princess is not too sleepy....;)

The cigarette smell coming from balconies and how Carnival has cheapened the cruise experience is what I don't miss. As they say, you get what you pay for and I don't want to pay for that. I don't miss the barker in the gift shop where people are jammed in there and elbowing to get to the trinkets made in China. I could have smashed that microphone down his throat - that's how obnoxious he was. I felt like I was in WalMart at Xmas, I couldn't get away from there fast enough.

The cigarette smell coming from balconies and how Carnival has cheapened the cruise experience is what I don't miss. As they say, you get what you pay for and I don't want to pay for that. I don't miss the barker in the gift shop where people are jammed in there and elbowing to get to the trinkets made in China. I could have smashed that microphone down his throat - that's how obnoxious he was. I felt like I was in WalMart at Xmas, I couldn't get away from there fast enough.

My gowns were made in China and I was at Walmart during Xmas or the 60" big screen TV:eek:

My cruise on the Royal Princess is the same rate as the one I booked on Carnival, granted the Cove Balcony verses the inside. As for getting what you pay for, I will see in less than a month.

12014392646_a189ed00b2.jpg

[/url] by ,

Edited by Blk_Amish

My gowns were made in China:eek:

Did you buy them at WalMart? :D LOL! BTW, I shop at WalMart but early in the morning when I know the brats are still in bed and Mom hasn't gotten out of her night gown yet. We have very limited shopping in the town I live in - rural.

Edited by elliair

Did you buy them at WalMart? :D LOL! BTW, I shop at WalMart but early in the morning when I know the brats are still in bed and Mom hasn't gotten out of her night gown yet. We have very limited shopping in the town I live in - rural.

I take my teen DD to Walmart and it adds up quickly with all the lotion and potions she needs.

Gowns shipped directly from CHINA:D I know if I don't place a order they are wondering what's going on.

Since I am not in the phase of life or reach a certain status to knock Walmart of China, its nice to look back and be reminded why the trips were memorable.

These are all taken on my lst Carnival cruise so clearly the chances did not seem to damped the trip as much as I had whined. It's nice to llok back before moving on or away.

10680083424_209532d50d.jpg

DSCF2592 by [/url],

12012455845_ec1620cd0f.jpg

DSCF0104 by ,

Edited by Blk_Amish

Change is a good thing and you just might be pleasantly surprised.

We have cruised Princess (2x) and third booked which is why we chose it again for our anniversary. Each line has pros and cons, none I could call or even seek to find a perfect fit. We have sailed RCL (8x) and Carnival (4x).

11722582526_377f43be7d.jpg

[/url] , Sapphire Princess

Edited by Blk_Amish

Great attitude brings great life. I'm sure that everything isn't perfect on any line but it's what you make of it.

Be happy I'm not one that has to complain about everything. And I do too shop at Walmart and enjoy every minute of it. You can have the mall, haven't been there shopping but twice in 2 years. All the over priced stuff from china is in the mall...lol

Sounds like you had it pretty rough. Why did you do 6 Carnival cruises?

There are many threads devoted to why Carnival has become a bad choice any 3, 5, 10 , 20 cruises. Some people sit around and wait for the boom or ax to drop, others keep sailing along with each new booking. Unless there is a great deal on Princess for Alaska, I can safely say I am done with Princess for awhile. Other lines, ships, and vacations to try. I am looking at NCL next.

Chances are I will return for this:

11700689895_3349b1a1e1.jpg

[/url] ,

Edited by Blk_Amish

Great attitude brings great life. I'm sure that everything isn't perfect on any line but it's what you make of it.

Be happy I'm not one that has to complain about everything. And I do too shop at Walmart and enjoy every minute of it. You can have the mall, haven't been there shopping but twice in 2 years. All the over priced stuff from china is in the mall...lol

LOL! We have no malls in this town, we're lucky to have a WalMart and it's not even a Super WalMart. Screaming brats is what keeps me out of WalMart after 10:00 am.:eek:

There are many threads devoted to why Carnival has become a bad choice any 3, 5, 10 , 20 cruises. Some people sit around and wait for the boom to drop, others keep sailing along with each new booking. Unless there is a great deal on Princess for Alaska, I can safely say I am done with Princess for awhile. Other lines, ships, to and vacations to try.

Chances are I will return for this:

11700689895_3349b1a1e1.jpg

I just got an email from Carnival - exclusive sale for California residents! I haven't opened it yet, and I'm pretty sure it's the same cruise that we are taking on Princess 2/1. Nice thing about Princess is that we get a $100 on board credit for military service. We've never ever received any on board credit with Carnival.:cool:

I just got an email from Carnival - exclusive sale for California residents! I haven't opened it yet, and I'm pretty sure it's the same cruise that we are taking on Princess 2/1. Nice thing about Princess is that we get a $100 on board credit for military service. We've never ever received any on board credit with Carnival.:cool:

Yes, we got that too for our next cruise. I love Princess to really take it down a notch, chill, and appreciate every moment. Enjoying my first cup of coffee each morning on the aft deck. You are truly touched by the elegance and beauty. I chose not to do a free cruise on Princess because I wanted to savor the return for the Royal Princess. Since it has been a few years, let it be like the first time. Each of my trip is chosen for the occasion, which is rarely the cheapest one available. I don't choose Carnival because its cheap because I refused to sail the pink elephant known as the Splendor when it was on the west coast.

Edited by Blk_Amish