Princess Trial Liquor Packages

BarbaraP

The package is being tested on both the Star and Sapphire. $49/pp/day plus 15% gratuity. Everyone 21 and older in the cabin must purchase it, those under 21 must purchase an "Ultimate" card/sticker. The package includes all beverages valued up to $10, including brewed coffee, wine, beer and alcoholic drinks. It's not being offered on any ship on short cruises.

Everyone 21 and older in the cabin must purchase it, those under 21 must purchase an "Ultimate" card/sticker.

Sorry for being obtuse, Pam, but I'm confused by this. Are you saying that anyone under 21 is obligated to buy the "Ultimate" card if someone over 21 buys the liquor package?

Sorry for being obtuse, Pam, but I'm confused by this. Are you saying that anyone under 21 is obligated to buy the "Ultimate" card if someone over 21 buys the liquor package?

Yes. If they are in the same cabin. My teens did not have to purchase it because they had their own cabin.

Pam, do you know if you have to buy the package for the entire cruise or can you just pick certain days? Might be worth it on sea days.

Entire cruise and can only be purchased on embarkation or following day.

We had it on the Star for our 15 night holiday Hawaii cruise, if you have any questions (that haven't been answered in the other threads/posts by myself or others) happy to answer them. It worked great for us, but others may not find it to be of value. We do not have kids/under 21s, just the 2 of us.

The package is being tested on both the Star and Sapphire. $49/pp/day plus 15% gratuity. Everyone 21 and older in the cabin must purchase it, those under 21 must purchase an "Ultimate" card/sticker. The package includes all beverages valued up to $10, including brewed coffee, wine, beer and alcoholic drinks. It's not being offered on any ship on short cruises.

Also confused. everyone over 21 MUST purchase it! Doubt if I drink half of that amount each day. Never buy the soda package as I can't stand the rubbish drinks.

Also confused. everyone over 21 MUST purchase it! Doubt if I drink half of that amount each day. Never buy the soda package as I can't stand the rubbish drinks.

What they mean is, if one adult over 21 buys it, then all adults over 21 in that cabin must buy it. If neither of you want it then you are under no obligation to buy it.

What they mean is, if one adult over 21 buys it, then all adults over 21 in that cabin must buy it. If neither of you want it then you are under no obligation to buy it.

Phew, thank goodness for that. Had a bit of a panic, thought it would be goodbye to Princess.

Love the travel map - will investigate doing one for us.

Entire cruise and can only be purchased on embarkation or following day.

We had it on the Star for our 15 night holiday Hawaii cruise, if you have any questions (that haven't been answered in the other threads/posts by myself or others) happy to answer them. It worked great for us, but others may not find it to be of value. We do not have kids/under 21s, just the 2 of us.

How is it tracked that you purchased this, is it a sticker like the Coke promotion?

It's the same with Celebrity. It prevents people in the same cabin from sharing one package.
It always surprises me when people post openly on CC that they're sharing the unlimited brewed coffee on the coffee card, sharing a soda and Ultimate card, etc. and their justification is that no one said anything. Any time something is "unlimited," people abuse it so it's reasonable for the line to require both adults buy a card/sticker. It's sad that people aren't honest but that's the reality. :(

It's the same with Celebrity. It prevents people in the same cabin from sharing one package.

Not the case actually, on Celebrity if only one person wants the package, they can get it; no requirement that both (or all) people over 21 in the same cabin purchase a package or the same package. One can purchase and the other not. RCCL also changed their packages to be similar to Celebrity's - both (all) people over 21 do not have to buy a package.

Yes, it is against the rules for both lines to share one package between you. And yes, they do track.

Almost $800 per cabin for a seven day cruise is a bit pricey and you really need to drink a lot to make it worthwhile.

Considering that it includes everything $10 and under - it works out to very little overall. Specialty coffees, bottled water, sodas, fresh juices, ice cream shakes, plus any booze - it works out very well for those who like a cocktail or two and also enjoy other beverages throughout the day.

If it doesn't work for you, no worries. That's why they are not mandatory!