Shuttle between midport dock 19 and north port dock 2

bigguy6

From what I gather more than a few times during the season a Princess ship will leave from Pier 2 ( North port area and usual Princess departure point) but return to Pier 19 in the Mid port area. I know that when this happens there is shuttle service back to Pier 2 for those who parked their car in the North Port parking garage. I would appreciate comments from anyone who has used this service. Was it efficient and did it get you back to the North Port garage quickly?

From what I gather more than a few times during the season a Princess ship will leave from Pier 2 ( North port area and usual Princess departure point) but return to Pier 19 in the Mid port area. I know that when this happens there is shuttle service back to Pier 2 for those who parked their car in the North Port parking garage. I would appreciate comments from anyone who has used this service. Was it efficient and did it get you back to the North Port garage quickly?

You're not very clear in your post. Am I correct in assuming that you are talking about FLL? I've always flown to ports so I can't help with parking. Perhaps you'd get more responses if you posted this on the Home Ports Boards.

You're not very clear in your post. Am I correct in assuming that you are talking about FLL? I've always flown to ports so I can't help with parking. Perhaps you'd get more responses if you posted this on the Home Ports Boards.

Yes Port Everglades. Did post similar on Florida board and didn't get much feedback. Thought since this usually happens with Princess might get more responce here

We just returned on the Ruby this past Saturday at Terminal 21. We had left from Terminal 2 where we parked our car. Our Disembarkation instructions notified us of this change in terminals and confirmed a complimentary shuttle would be provided for pax who desired to return to T2. We were off the ship by 8:10, gathered our luggage, a porter went with us thru C&BP, went out the front doors where several smaller pax vans waited (as opposed to a large charter bus), our luggage was loaded and we were on our way to T2 within five minutes. We were at T2 in minutes and on our way home by 8:55!

We just returned on the Ruby this past Saturday at Terminal 21. We had left from Terminal 2 where we parked our car. Our Disembarkation instructions notified us of this change in terminals and confirmed a complimentary shuttle would be provided for pax who desired to return to T2. We were off the ship by 8:10, gathered our luggage, a porter went with us thru C&BP, went out the front doors where several smaller pax vans waited (as opposed to a large charter bus), our luggage was loaded and we were on our way to T2 within five minutes. We were at T2 in minutes and on our way home by 8:55!

NANA Thanks for the feedback. We will probably be doing the same thing the end of March. A couple questions. You apparently got off the ship fairly early. Do you think those who got of later in the morning would have had much of a wait for the shuttle? Also did it seem to you that it would be possible/desirable to leave a person (in my case my wife) with the luggage and go myself to Pier 2 to get the car and then return to the disembarkation pier to get her and the luggage?

NANA Thanks for the feedback. We will probably be doing the same thing the end of March. A couple questions. You apparently got off the ship fairly early. Do you think those who got of later in the morning would have had much of a wait for the shuttle? Also did it seem to you that it would be possible/desirable to leave a person (in my case my wife) with the luggage and go myself to Pier 2 to get the car and then return to the disembarkation pier to get her and the luggage?

or......park your car where the ship will return, take a cab back to where you get on the ship. This will save the hassle of taking the shuttle back to your car. Either way works fine. We have done both.

We discussed me staying with the luggage and my husband going to get the car and come back for me, but ultimately decided that would just be adding time to the process. The day we got off, there were 25,000 pax in the port (8 ships). We felt leaving from the Northport garage would encounter a lot less traffic heading out towards 17th St, rather than Eller Blvd which has construction and much more traffic headed to/from the mid-port terminals. I guess it depends the direction you need to go to get home - we were headed north. I can't say if later the shuttle service became slower, but we requested an early departure and had no problems. If you check the porteverglades.net website about a week prior to your cruise, you can find out the terminals it will be leaving from and returning to. You may find that it won't even be an issue. When we arrived, there were 3 Princess ships in port. This was our first experience with Port Everglades and we were impressed with their system. They seem to have it all figured out!

We discussed me staying with the luggage and my husband going to get the car and come back for me, but ultimately decided that would just be adding time to the process. The day we got off, there were 25,000 pax in the port (8 ships). We felt leaving from the Northport garage would encounter a lot less traffic heading out towards 17th St, rather than Eller Blvd which has construction and much more traffic headed to/from the mid-port terminals. I guess it depends the direction you need to go to get home - we were headed north. I can't say if later the shuttle service became slower, but we requested an early departure and had no problems. If you check the porteverglades.net website about a week prior to your cruise, you can find out the terminals it will be leaving from and returning to. You may find that it won't even be an issue. When we arrived, there were 3 Princess ships in port. This was our first experience with Port Everglades and we were impressed with their system. They seem to have it all figured out!

Thanks for the information. We will be parking in the Port Everglades garage for the first time. We usually go a day early, stay in a hotel and park the car at the hotel, but this time we will not be there until the day of the cruise. Your helpful answers to the OP gave us the information we needed. :D

• 9 months later...

We have done it a variety of ways, but the one that works best for us now that they have a shuttle is to drop off my wife with the luggage at the ship, drive to the parking structure next to the returning pier and take the shuttle back to the ship. That way we are able to get an early disembarkation and go directly to the car and off we go.

We use CruiseCal and the Harbormaster site to see which ships are in port each day and the HM site shows where the ships are located.

I did the reverse recently. Ship arrived at terminal 2, and car was back

at terminal 21.

They had (at least) 3 shuttle buses running -- the size of rental

car vans at the airport. We didn't wait for the van to fill up, but left

after about a five minute wait.

I requested first walk off, and walked off with one carry-on.

Mrs. Pablo requested first 'independent group', disembarked

with that group, collected the bags we had put out the night

before and had a porter bring the bags to the curb.

Deputies would not let me linger, so I was circling the port

drop-off area waiting for a text message that she was at the

curb.

By doing this we were driving no later than if our car had been in the right

garage.

Several people on the shuttle bus suggested that it would be

a good time for me to escape completely, but I persevered

and collected Mrs. Pablo.

Going the other way -- where you have to return and pick

someone up at berth 21 I think would be a lot more unpleasant.

The shuttle bus is further away, and looping back to pick some

one up is often a crowded mess.

Hopefully, starting in december, princess will be utilizing berths 2 and 4, and

eliminating this problem --- as they share the same garage.

Edited by pablo222