Open Passage Certificates

tunaman2011

There are two kinds, Reserved Passage (when you book a specific cruise) and Open passage (when you don't book a specific cruise). Host Andy had posted a helpful link to the flyer if you can find that post.

Both types are now combinable with one promotion so you can also get the 123 Go as well as the OBC.

The OBC you get is higher with the Reserved Passage. (the amounts are on the brochure that Host Andy linked to).

Both should be a $100 per person deposit.

If you book a reserve passage you can cancel and get your $200 deposit back or change to a different cruise any time up to final payment. For the open passage the deposit is not refundable, so you have to move it to a different sailing so you don't lose the deposit if you want to change cruises.

For example, we plan to book a 14 day regular balcony on board, we know the specific cruise, so with the Reserved Passage, we will get $250 OBC for booking onboard, we are going to take the drink package with 123 Go, and we pay a $200 deposit for the 2 of us.

Hope that helps.

Sue

I would never buy an Open Passage again for the reason above; it is non-refundable. If you don't have a specific cruise in mind to book just pick anything under the sun. You can always transfer the booking as many times as you want to other cruises until you do find one you want. And if you don't or change your mind; its refundable. But I really do like the advantage of booking on board simply for the reduced deposits if nothing else.

I would never buy an Open Passage again for the reason above; it is non-refundable. If you don't have a specific cruise in mind to book just pick anything under the sun. You can always transfer the booking as many times as you want to other cruises until you do find one you want. And if you don't or change your mind; its refundable. But I really do like the advantage of booking on board simply for the reduced deposits if nothing else.

The funny thing is that is what the Captain's club person told me now too, especially now since with the new rules the OBC is higher if you book a specific cruise, even if you end up transferring it, so she said to pick something and move it later when you decide for sure!!

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

I'll be on the Century from 2/23 to 3/3. I might want to stay on board for the 3/3 to 3/6 Bahamas cruise. Is it possible to get a reserve passage certificate on board the first cruise for booking the second cruise (availability permitting)?

Robert

If you book on board, you pay deposits that are fully refundable. You can change the booking or. Cancel without losing any money. Open passage gives the cruise line your money forever. It is nice of you do take a cruise. Celebrity keeps the deposit money whether or not you cruise. For me, it is a no brainer. Book a cruise. Never do open passage.

Has anyone successfully combined open passage with 123 promo? Just got told from celebrity that you can't but I think you can. I guess I will just have to keep calling back until I get someone with the right answer. Do other cruise lines have as bad phone customer service as celebrity? They are a nightmare.

Has anyone successfully combined open passage with 123 promo? Just got told from celebrity that you can't but I think you can. I guess I will just have to keep calling back until I get someone with the right answer. Do other cruise lines have as bad phone customer service as celebrity? They are a nightmare.

Well I should be able to post something tomorrow or Thursday as I am just about to use my open passage . I have gotten 3 different answers all conflicting but I have to say that the last person I spoke 3 days ago was by far the most knowledgeable so I am going with that. I was told I needed to transfer it to my TA and then they can convert the open passage sailing reservation into the one I wanted. Then I can select the 123go and get my $100 OBC from the open passage so wish me luck.

Will post my success or not

Has anyone successfully combined open passage with 123 promo? Just got told from celebrity that you can't but I think you can. I guess I will just have to keep calling back until I get someone with the right answer.

Hi Tennant,

I believe you should be able to combine... however, not every sailing is applicable for 123 GO, so that might be what you are experiencing. I suggest reviewing the terms and conditions of the offer, to see if your sailing is applicable. If you believe it is, I would then contact Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654, and ask to speak with a supervisor.

Please let us know the outcome. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

Greetings

Looking at booking another cruise on Celebrity. We leave on Silly in 2 weeks or so. Trying to determine if we should wait and book on-board. How do the open passage certificates work.

Thank and Good Sailing

Tom

Hi Tom,

Here's the brochure for the new onboard booking program. The major difference, is that it's combinable with 1 other offer, subject to terms and conditions.

Please click HERE to view the Flyer. I hope this is helpful !

I was speaking to a knowledgeable Celebrity rep a few days ago and asked about adding the one allowable offer to a reserved passages if there was not an active promo when I booked. She indicated that when the offer is added, the per person cost is adjusted to the then current rate “like a new booking”.

I understand that Celebrity increases the pricing for the 1-2-3 promo but if there were additional increases due to demand, you would also incur those costs which could totally offset an offer like an OBC or gratuities.

Obviously, if there are no current or future promos available for particular sailings such as transatlantic or repositionings, then the ability to add an offer is non-existent.

These rules are not in the fine print which has been greatly increased with the new program.

I just booked 2 weeks ago 4/4/14 Caribbean using an open passage, was told by Celebrity agent at main reservation # that I could not combine it with Bev123 and offered to transfer me to Captains club for a "possible" refund of my open passage, where I was told that the original agent was incorrect and it is combinable. BTW my open passage was dated 2012

• 7 months later...
I just booked 2 weeks ago 4/4/14 Caribbean using an open passage, was told by Celebrity agent at main reservation # that I could not combine it with Bev123 and offered to transfer me to Captains club for a "possible" refund of my open passage, where I was told that the original agent was incorrect and it is combinable. BTW my open passage was dated 2012

Our too! Will check it out.

I bought an open passage one year ago and it was assigned to the travel agency I prefer. Since then I've booked 3 cruises, but the open passage has been refused each time. I'm disappointed as I'd used open passage bookings several times without a problem in previous years.

3 years ago I purchased open passage. Since then I could never use it on on any of the 5 cruises I had with Celebrity after the purchase because because the OBC perks offered were better then then the open passage. Also, since then, I changed TA's, that was a hassle in changing that.

To my surprise, this upcoming cruise next month on the Eclipse they honored it with the 1, 2, 3 Offer. Even though it worked out okay in the end, I never purchase one again. Just too restrictive.