"Live" From the Grandeur of the Seas 7-22-05

Will be sailing on GOS on August 19th for my first cruise. I look forward to reading about your trip. I am getting sOOOOOOO excited. Let us know everything.

Peekskillny: My husband and I are also sailing on August 19th. We and some others are trying to organize a meet and mingle on board - we need 25 to register in order for Royal Carribbean to sponsor it...right now we only have 12. If you are interested, here's how to register for it. The more the merrier!!

From CruiseCritic.com select Boards

Under "ROLL CALL" choose Royal Caribbean Meet and Mingle"

This takes you to Roll Call board

Select "Register Here" in the Meet & Mingle Onboard box

This links directly to the registration pages on Royal Caribbean website

Scroll down to "Search for a Meet & Mingle"

Enter in ruise ship and sail date and click "Submit"

Great pics, Radio! Glad to hear you are getting a signal in Florida! Boy, that patch job from the pier incident doesn't look very good! They are going to have to eventually fix that, lol! :) It's helpful to see what everything looks like--Cococay looks wondeful! My husband was looking over my shouder and said "as long as they bring me drinks and I can put my feet up." LOL! Sounds good to me! :) :rolleyes: :D

Hey Radio, quick qustion for you. We're going on Grandeur in a few months and my FIL is pretty picky about what he eats, avoiding anything "fancy" or "gourmet". What sort of selections are you seeing for simple meals, such as plain salads, burgers, fries, fried chicken, etc.? Could you also confirm that there is NOT a Johnny Rockets' on board?

Thanks much!

Lee

Hi Radio, I know you are having a fantastic time. Looking forward to hearing about your visit to Cozumel. You haven't by any chance come across a waiter on the pool deck named Martin (from Bulgaria) have you?

Oh and I can't get your webpage to come up.

Thanks so much for posting these pics Radio!! What are you using to get them up here? A laptop with a cell phone internet connection? Or can you post them with the internet cafe computers? Hope you are having a wonderful trip. :)

Looks like you are having a wonderful time on the Grandeur. Bringing back lots of memories and fun places that we have been to as well.

We decided like you, after many visits by cruising and driving ourselves, we needed to check out the Hemingway House. The tour was great and those extra toed cats were fun to watch. Any cat would like to call this "their home" with all the attention they get. Did you see the famous drinking fountain for the cats and the penny at the pool?

We have walked ourselves from the ship to the Southern Most Point. The sites you see on this walk...never will forget the Chicken House, LOL. Anytime we see that Key West is one of our ports, we are happy..:) ! Rather go here any day than Nassau.

Judy Kolba...agree, a great entertainer, full show for sure with dancing, comedy, singing and lots of fun. Very nice lady that enjoys her job and loves passengers as well to greet her during the day. The white feathered dress...LOL, as she puts it, would be a nice car washer, LOL.

Enjoy Cozumel...and wishing we were there with you, right now!!!

Radio

I have a ??? on on the internet

Are you using a Verizon VZAccess PC Card or your Cell phone ???

Were you in your room on outside on the deck ???

What port were you able to get Access from ???

What speed were you getting ???

What port have Internet Cafe??? and what speed are they ??? cost ???

Thanks for any help you can give me

No...I am using the Moble Office Kit.....with VZ Access software.I can upload and post from my cabin or anywhere on the ship...but just while in ports, or a few miles out....The cost is just airtime minutes....free on nights and weekends. Very cheap !!!

I am usin the Internet cafe at the International Pier in Cozumel right now....No VZW signal today....so no pics...sorry !

I went to Paradise beach today...the weather was perfect...ver sunny and warm !. There is no admission to Paradise Beach...the chairs and umbrella´s are free. There is a small cost to rent mats, and snorkel gear. they will bring you drinks, or food very fast.The people at Paradise Beach are very nice....They have nice clean bathrooms as well.

The car rental to get there was only $40.00 at Budget (Matiz)A small compact sedan with AC. We left there at about 2pm, to come back and do some shopping at the Pier.

We arrived in Cozumel about a half hour late...so the Capatin has announced that we will stay an extra HOUR !!! We will now leave at 8PM....

There are only 3 ships here today...The Facination, Elation and Grandeur.

And all ships are at ther own pier...very nice.

The internet cafe is very reasonable....only $3.00 for 60 minutes.....Very Good..

I might see if they will let me bring my laptop in here to upload some pics...hmmm...

b5ver.....Yes they have chai tea at Lattitudes coffee bar...

AndanteConMoto.....No Johnny Rockets......Your meal can be fancy or plain..>They have something for every taste..

I heard we will be getting a back stage tour tomorrow...and they havent annouced yet when Quest will be...Tomorrow is the 2nd formal night.....

The TV movies have been very recent, and just released. I have watched a littlebit of alot of movies......20 min here, 20 min there....

I will be working on a review while we are at sea tomorrow....Our next Port of Call will be Port Canaveral, Florida from 7AM until 7PM.....

I will be posting from there along with pics....Thanks for all of the very nice comments....I am sorry if I haven´t answered all questions.....if I forgot you,

just ask !

Thanks for tuning in........From Cozumel, Mexico

Radio

;) ;)

Radio

Really enjoying your posts. My DH and I will be at Port Canaveral to wave as you leave the port about 7pm. We will be on the starboard side of the ship at a little park about 5 min after you start cruising. If you are not eating try to give us a wave. I think there may be some other Grandeur future/past passengers there also.

Dottie

Just love your newsy and thorough reports from the Grandeur. :D They're helping to fuel our anticipation as we await our turn on her, in September. We've also visited the cyber cafe in Cozumel and were thrilled to take advantage of the $3.00 per hour rate. :p We could take our time and not have to rush at all.

I would like to know if they are still running a number of daily trivia contests and if they are showing movies in any public locations, in addition to running them on the cabin TVs. Thanx for your input and all the time you are devoting to sharing your Grandeur experience with all of us!

Radio, have they opened up the retractable roof over the Solarium at any time on your cruise? They never opened it the whole week we were onboard and it was horribly hot and steamy in there! Made it an area to avoid which was sad as the solarium is normally my favorite area to relax. Even standing in the line at the Solarium Grill was an atrocity! I would be drenched in sweat and couldn't breath due to the horrible humidity in there. I would have to grab my burger and run to get out of the solarium to eat my lunch elsewhere so I could actually breath. The solarium remained mostly empty the whole week. It was really uncomfortable in there. I kept asking staff members why they didn't open it but never really got an answer. I wonder if the retractable roof was broken?

Radio, have they opened up the retractable roof over the Solarium at any time on your cruise? They never opened it the whole week we were onboard and it was horribly hot and steamy in there! Made it an area to avoid which was sad as the solarium is normally my favorite area to relax. Even standing in the line at the Solarium Grill was an atrocity! I would be drenched in sweat and couldn't breath due to the horrible humidity in there. I would have to grab my burger and run to get out of the solarium to eat my lunch elsewhere so I could actually breath. The solarium remained mostly empty the whole week. It was really uncomfortable in there. I kept asking staff members why they didn't open it but never really got an answer. I wonder if the retractable roof was broken?

We were on the Grandeur start June 24 this year. A couple of days, the front portion of Solarium was opened, but the back portion did not move all week.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! My family and I are sailing her

on 12/10 out of NO for my 40th Bday present:)

We also have a Jr. Suite, actually 8586 aft, any pix you might happen to

get would be great!

Have a great time!

Radio, I take my hat off to you. Excellent pictures.

I'm leaving August 5 on the Grandeur ,would it be possible for you to get a picture of a JS.

Thank You

Gary

I will try to get a pic of the JS...But it is on my Cruise Photo Page...I just took a few of the JS on Enchantment of the Seas on July 18...

BonnieVoyager.....JeffHatfield was right...the Aft portion o fthe Solarium roof never moved...The front half has been open on many days....

Deltablue...The SOLAS drill is at 4:30pm.....There are many trivia contests...There has not been any Movies in the theatre, only in cabins....

Hello everyone.....We are 27 miles off the coast of Islamorada. The water here is like a lake...No waves, current...It seems like it is frozen...I will post some pics tomorrow.

We should be arriving in Port Canaveral at 7 AM.....There seem to be hundreds of people that are going to Disney or Universal.....The Cocoa Beach break also seems to be a hit ! Tonight is the 2nd formal night. Yes there will be Lobster and Shrimp...Yum Yum......

If the ship is close enough to Miami tonight...I will be able to post again...

Today they had Ice Carving Demo....The Platinum Diamond Mimosa Brunch, and lots of sales in the Shops....

There are alot of kids on board, who all seem very well behaved...There has been no trouble....No toilet backups...No oders in the hallways...... This has also been the smoothest cruise I have been on....Very Calm Seas...and great weather ! :)

See you soon Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

;) ;)

Good Morning.....Welcome to Port Canaveral !! We were at the Pilot Station at about 5:45am...and arrived at the port at 7AM.....

They have removed about 15 slot machines...for replacement here in Port Canaveral. The machines have been down for about 4 days.

I found out that the Grandeur loads food and supplies every 2 weeks from here. There may be some supplies loaded at other ports...but most of it is from here.....(maybe they will get some Half and Half...there is none on the ship, not even at the Coffee Bar)

Immigration was held this morning in the Palladium Theatre at 7:10.....The line was very long, but moved very fast !...about 10 minutes in line.... I think because Immigration is here, that there may not be an Immigration check in Baltimore...

The production show last night was "Jump Jivin' Swing"....it was a good show, but not threir best. Tonight the Headliner will be "The Beatlemaniacs".

I saw this show last September and it was very very good ! !

I will be touring the Soverein of the Seas today from 11-2, but I'm not sure what I'll be doing next..I am thinking of spending some time fishing...

Here are some pics.....First up, Cozumel.....

Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

Welcome to Cozumel.....

50499525-67ca-02000180-.jpg

Grandeur of the Seas at the International Pier

50499512-7606-02000180-.jpg

Paradise Beach

50499527-09af-02000180-.jpg

Paradise Beach Fun !

50499532-f5c9-02000180-.jpg

Very Smooth water in the Gulf of Mexico....

50499555-95fa-02000180-.jpg

Here are some pics of our day at sea yesterday....and our arrival into Port Canaveral....

Radio

50499556-a4c3-02000173-.jpg

50499561-365d-0200017D-.jpg

50499927-a3e9-02000180-.jpg

50499897-55f7-02000180-.jpg

Welcome to Port Canaveral

50500927-ee97-02000180-.jpg

grandeur.jpg

That was taken from the Port Canaveral Web Cam here:

http://www.opusad.com/radissonwebcam/

You can control the cam (pan+zoom+gamma) for two minutes at a time.

The sea was VERY smooth in that one pic. Good thing as you would not want to lose your GPS receiver to the drink! At least yours is tethered via serial cable.

Cheers,

Norman

Archived