My Time Dining

Nana57

We usually request Traditional Dining, but for some reason they are not offering it. Do I set up my time when I arrive on the ship or can I request the time when I do my sea pass, or does My Time Dining mean I just show up anytime to dine. I also would want a table for 2.

We usually request Traditional Dining, but for some reason they are not offering it. Do I set up my time when I arrive on the ship or can I request the time when I do my sea pass, or does My Time Dining mean I just show up anytime to dine. I also would want a table for 2.

You can do any of the above - we are only 2 and just show up when we want - have never had a problem - seem to always get the same table - same wait staff no matter what time - As far as we are concerned - My Time means exactly that - My time, I can show up when I want LOL

You can make reservations before you board but it has been our experience that they do not always accept reservations between 6:30 and 8pm. We have had good and bad experiences with MTD. The bad...we were seated at a table of 10 and 6 of those people were on the dessert course and the other couple was on their appetizer course when we were seated. Needless to say, we ended the meal at an empty table. (We did not ask for a table for 2) Next cruise went a lot better!

The first day, we really do not know our schedule so we usually just show up. You can make reservations each day for the next night or you can make a reservation for the entire week.

You can just show up...

Once onboard you may also find that Tradition Dining is available and you can possibly switch from MTD to tradition.

Just back from the Freedom of the Seas, we had My Time dining, a group of 6. Not a good experience at all. We were told we would need a reservation, that defeats the purpose of My Time Dining. We had a choice of say 6:00 or 7:45, nothing in between unless we were willing to split up into groups of 2. Hopefully you have a better experience.

Dennis

I have never heard that Traditional Dining was not being offered. That would be like saying that everyone on the ship, is doing MyTimeDining?

Edited by Paulette3028

When I booked my cruise on Serenade, my only choice was My Time Dining. It's not that Traditional wasn't offered, it just wasn't available when I booked. My guess, that's what happened with the OP.

How close to the sailing date did you book your cruise?

We prefer having tablemates, so MTD isn't for us. Few MTDers want to share...their loss!

Traditional dining is nice, as the table is always ready...and you KNOW what time you need to be there. Makes making plans easy!

We have never had a problem with MTD when we told them we would be willing to sit with others. We met quite a few interesting people doing this. If someone is willing to share a table, then it usually means that they are willing to socialize. Although on the last night of our last cruise we met a real idiot boor.:D He seemed like he did not want to be having dinner, but came because his nice wife said he had to.

We were on the Allure of the Seas January 12th and had MTD for the first time. I loved it! We made a reservation and then showed up when we felt like it. We always sat at tables of 6 and with different people every night. I would book it in the future. If you went at 6 PM there would be a long wait for an elevator. We only did that once and every other time got an elevator right away and were seated right away.

We prefer having tablemates, so MTD isn't for us. Few MTDers want to share...their loss!

Traditional dining is nice, as the table is always ready...and you KNOW what time you need to be there. Makes making plans easy!

Depends on who you end up sharing your table with. There are some all-knowing people who I wouldn't want to share a meal with, especially if they constantly offered misinformation no matter how often they were corrected, misrepresented their fellow passengers' reasons for choosing to eat on their personal schedule rather than what they thought was the "right way" to dine, or couldn't keep track of what time they had decided to eat.

Depends on who you end up sharing your table with. There are some all-knowing people who I wouldn't want to share a meal with, especially if they constantly offered misinformation no matter how often they were corrected, misrepresented their fellow passengers' reasons for choosing to eat on their personal schedule rather than what they thought was the "right way" to dine, or couldn't keep track of what time they had decided to eat.

There could be some "know it alls" that I might find myself sharing my dinnertable with....but over the years, and our 15 cruises, we have almost always sat with others on a table of 6-8 and met wonderful people.

If I want to have dinner with my husband (who I cruise with) we could have had dinner at home. I hope others at the table don't feel I am "a know it all"....because I am far from it.

My cruise is in July.

For a cruise that far out, it makes no sense to me, that you could not arrange for a traditional dining time, either the early or late seating. If you told me you had made your cruise reservation, very very close to sailing, perhaps it would be more realistic to me.

If you persist a little, I would imagine you could get what you want.

Edited by Paulette3028