First grand suite

colesc15

My DW and I have been cruising on and off since 1992. Our first was in an ocean view room. Next was a balcony room, the a junior suit and a grand suit on our last two cruises. I agree that the extra "perks" are well worth the extra cost. To us, having a nice room is part of the vacation experience. In fact, we will be cruising on the Grandeur this April 19. I am constantly checking RCL's website and this morning I found a deal to good to pass up. I upgraded to our first Owner's Suite for an additional 500.00. Can't wait!!:D:D

I'll be in my first grand suite next month and I'm just curious about a few things.. I'm. On adventure out of San Juan. When checking in, do we get to go to a special area? Are our seapass cards different looking? The conceirage lounge, can we get almost any mixed drink? I believe I saw adventure has a special area by the pool for suite guests? What about luggage tags, do they still send the tags in the mail for suite guests? What else special can I expect?

we had one on this ship last year. great time. you get a gold card and the CL is nice. you also get to go o a few special meet the crew evenings for drinks and snack. the deck pool area is nice but in the hot sun no shade so be careful not to burn. enjoy.

We were on the Oasis in 2012 and when it came to our my time dining we where hopelessly disorganised. My DH loved the fact that we could relax and have a couple of drinks in the CL and then head down for dinner. As we had not booked a time we where able to go to the front of the queue (and most nights there was a queue), show our gold card to the concierge there and they would find us a table within a few minutes. I don't know if this still happens but it certainly made dinner time very relaxing as we did not have to rush.:D:D

Super excited to be going on the Brilliance in the morning now. Can someone tell me the difference in the DL and CL. Is one better? Will I have access to both since I'll be in a GS?

You will have access to the CL since you are in a full suite. You will only have access to the DL if you are Diamond level or above in C&A. The lounges have equivalent perks on Brilliance.

Edited by clarea

On the Freedom and Voyager Class ships we had full loungers. On the Oasis Class we had the chairs with the ottoman but the chairs recline so we never asked for the full loungers. I liked them better than full loungers.

Thanks for answering! Since the GS furniture isn't consistent, I guess we'll just have to wait to find out until Quantum is ready. :) I didn't realize the chairs recline - that makes them a lot more attractive for me! I'm on an 8-night cruise with only 2 ports, so there will be a lot of balcony time (once we're out of freezing NJ! :D ).

Thanks for answering! Since the GS furniture isn't consistent, I guess we'll just have to wait to find out until Quantum is ready. :) I didn't realize the chairs recline - that makes them a lot more attractive for me! I'm on an 8-night cruise with only 2 ports, so there will be a lot of balcony time (once we're out of freezing NJ! :D ).

enjoy and keep us posted as to how you enjoy the recliners.

After reading this I am looking forward to our GS on the Grandeur. We had a suite last year on the Pride and we did not get anything that is described here. Not sure we will be able to be back to a balcony room :).

GREENLINE,My DW and I do spend some time enjoying our room. That's all part of our vacation experience. We started cruising in 1992. Back then I believe balcony rooms were basically a suite amenity. We couldn't afford one anyway. We started with an ocean view, then moved up to balcony rooms, then junior suites, and finally Grand Suites on our last two cruises. We enjoy the room and also the "perks". In fact, I was able to take advantage of a recent price drop to upgrade to an Owner's Suite on our next Grandeur cruise. Really looking forward to that. :D Don't know if I'll always be ale to afford that luxury, though. :confused: Anyway, enjoy your Grand Suite and don't be surprised if you too get spoiled.:D:D

Edited by CroozDoggie

Thank you for the reply my wife and I are new to cruising. We really wish we would have started years ago instead of flying to where we wanted to go. This is only our 3rd cruise first one on the Explorer in a balcony room next we got a suite on the Pride and the one coming up a GS on the Grandeur. We have been to Bermuda 3 times already once on a cruise and flew there twice. Now we are cruising there again and can't wait. Need to plan our next cruise after this one. :).

The perks on the Pride were not that great but the suite was large with a nice balcony. We tell all our our friends cruising is the way to go.

ERS.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know if Brilliance has a Gold Area by the pool for GS guests? Someone told me that they didn't see it on the Brilliance.

Brilliance has a Gold Card area, but it is not anywhere near the pool. It's on Deck 11(above the bridge). And it can only be accessed by stairs on Deck 12 in front of the fitness center.

• 1 month later...

Hi all! Great information - thank you. We are sailing on Adventure of the seas *sigh* almost two years away. We've wanted to go on a southern Caribbean cruise for a long time. Not happy about the connecting balcony not opening up but I'll survive.

Question, do you hear any noise from deck 11 above? The gym is above our grand suite. FIRST suite on Royal. We were able to get an upsell on NCL (2007) from an aft jr. to a penthouse. You could fit 35 people on that balcony.

So happy we were able to book the GS, would love to be upgraded to an OS or higher. Hey, one can dream can't they? ;)

I actually moved our connecting GS's. One was under the cantilevered hot tub and I didn't want all the shade that comes with that. It's too bad the balcony doesn't connect but I am soooo excited about this first suite!

(We were able to take an upsell on NCL from an aft mini to a penthouse all the way forward. You could easily put 35 people on that balcony!!)

Mary

I actually moved our connecting GS's. One was under the cantilevered hot tub and I didn't want all the shade that comes with that. It's too bad the balcony doesn't connect but I am soooo excited about this first suite!

(We were able to take an upsell on NCL from an aft mini to a penthouse all the way forward. You could easily put 35 people on that balcony!!)

Mary

Just and FYI for future reference but I don't believe Adventure has the cantilevered hot tubs so you were probably safe. We've never stayed under the gym on any ship so I can't answer the noise question. Have a great trip.