Star Princess Mini-Suite for Alaska trip

tgmg00a

A couple of questions on the Mini-Suites on the Star Princess. My wife and I are taking our first cruise out of SF in June. Currently have a balcony on Baja but after spending way to much time on this forum believe I want to see if an upgrade to a min-suite is possible. Are there any "bad" rooms. Is there a preference for port or starboard side? I see that the majority of the room are on deck 9 (dolphin) so that's what I would expect I might find a room. Next question what is the best way to see when an open room available? I have a TA but this my first time using her and I have no track history with her so I don't know how much time she may spend on my behalf? s there a magic date when rooms may become available?

Thanks for any and all suggestions

A mini is nice for the extra space, and tub instead of tiny shower. but the minis on Dolphin deck have no cover, totally open to the elements which in Alaska may include liquid sunshine. Go to any of the big online agencies and start a fake booking. Most of them will show what cabins are available (more than Princess shows on their website). The day after final payment is due, travel agencies will release all cabins they have been holding that are not booked. That's also when you may see a price drop. And it's also when people who have paid a deposit may cancel, freeing up cabins. EM

Looks like E724 is the only Emerald mini still available. I'd grab it now!

Be aware that cabin E724 is directly over the Vista Lounge. Some have reported hearing the band late in the evening, but others haven't been bothered by it at all. We were on the starboard side and didn't hear a thing. Love the minis on the Emerald deck with the fully covered balconies. Have a great cruise!

I thought Princess' site showed all available cabins? Unless maybe a TA had a block of rooms booked or something?

When a TA books a block of rooms, they are not specific cabins until their clients actually book specific cabins.

So when you see the list of available cabins on the Princess web site, the ones not available are actually booked.

I'm not sure how the unbooked group cabins are accounted for. They might be in the GTY category is my guess. Maybe a TA can tell us.

When a TA books a block of rooms, they are not specific cabins until their clients actually book specific cabins.

So when you see the list of available cabins on the Princess web site, the ones not available are actually booked.

I'm not sure how the unbooked group cabins are accounted for. They might be in the GTY category is my guess. Maybe a TA can tell us.

That's why I was confused about the other poster's comment that websites other than Princess' would show more availability. One would think the cruise line's own website would be the most current and correct.