Britania in Gibralter ?

ParCan

All the itineraries for 2015 for Britannia are on the P&O website. I must say they are all very samey, with loads of 7 days, a few 14 days. She's too big for us, but if you are interested they are all there.

http://www.pocruises.com/find-and-book/Cruise-search-results/?shipIds=9&so=PriceAsc&ipp=12&pn=1#&&/wEXBwUCaWQFBTQ1NjQ2BQJzbwUIUHJpY2VBc2MFC2Vwc2xhbmd1YWdlBQJlbgUHc2hpcElkcwUBOQUDaXBwBQIxMgUCcG4FATMFA3BzbgUBMTiNRlBEQNeOkGPTHMWEqcVVYg+N

All the itineraries for 2015 for Britannia are on the P&O website. I must say they are all very samey, with loads of 7 days, a few 14 days. She's too big for us, but if you are interested they are all there.

http://www.pocruises.com/find-and-book/Cruise-search-results/?shipIds=9&so=PriceAsc&ipp=12&pn=1#&&/wEXBwUCaWQFBTQ1NjQ2BQJzbwUIUHJpY2VBc2MFC2Vwc2xhbmd1YWdlBQJlbgUHc2hpcElkcwUBOQUDaXBwBQIxMgUCcG4FATMFA3BzbgUBMTiNRlBEQNeOkGPTHMWEqcVVYg+N

Thanks. What struck me is that some of the summer cruises have pretty reasonable prices. However given that the itiniaries are the same as the rest of the fleet Im struggling to see how P&O will fill cabins across all ships. Whilst Brittania may attract people who have not been with P&O before I think the vast majority will be drawn from other ships in the fleet to give her a try. This will require a big increase in passenger numbers overall. Its going to be interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes I agree. there will be lots of people who will just take any cruise to give her a try because she's new. After Azura when she was pretty new, which I hated, will not be trying anything this large! I'll stick with the smaller ones, might be some good deals around?

I got my wish with Britannia !!

I got the cruise I wanted ( to do ) at a price I`m happy with and a cabin that looks AMAZING !!

You havent got anything yet if you have pre-registered with a TA because no cabins go on sale until 26th March. If your TA has guaranteed you a cabin then they are lying because no such guarantees exist and no cabins can be reserved.

Doesn't matter if you rand David Dingle, cabins don't go on sale until 26th march!!

Pre registration and payment of deposit will guarantee a cabin within grade booked. This seems to be the best way of securing a cabin on maiden cruise.

Pre registration and payment of deposit will guarantee a cabin within grade booked. This seems to be the best way of securing a cabin on maiden cruise.

It is possibly but there are only certain cabins I want within the grade so have pre registered with my usual TA. Not paying nearly £4000 to go in a cabin of P&Os choice and not mine I would rather not go.

Really don't know how you can be guaranteed a cabin, even by paying a deposit. Take the lowest inside grade, as far as I can see, from the deck plan, there are only 10 inside single cabins. What happens when the 11th person rings p and o direct to pre-register? Do they say they are wait listed? That doesn't even include any travel agents that have pre registrations for that grade. If P and O play by the rule book, what should happen come 8.00am on 26th March, is that p and o staff and all TAs should log in then it becomes a free for all for the cabins. Cannot see how doing a pre registration with P and O is going to guarantee you a cabin.

Really don't know how you can be guaranteed a cabin, even by paying a deposit. Take the lowest inside grade, as far as I can see, from the deck plan, there are only 10 inside single cabins. What happens when the 11th person rings p and o direct to pre-register? Do they say they are wait listed? That doesn't even include any travel agents that have pre registrations for that grade. If P and O play by the rule book, what should happen come 8.00am on 26th March, is that p and o staff and all TAs should log in then it becomes a free for all for the cabins. Cannot see how doing a pre registration with P and O is going to guarantee you a cabin.

Holker,

As far as I know that is roughly how it works. It has been the same for a number of years. Pre registration with P&O will get you the grade. But in the past I have always got the cabin I picked through my TA.

Remember that The upper tier members of the peninsula club can book on the 26th and the rest on the 27th.

I think many grades will be sold out by the first day.

We do not bother with maidens so if we book it will be for later in the year.

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

There are some grades of cabin that P@O are no longer taking pre registration for because all cabins within the grade (or the allocation within that grade that are available for pre registration) have been sold. Cabins will be allocated towards the end of March to those who have pre registered and paid their deposit. What is unclear is whether all cabins have been made available for pre registration or just a proportion of them. If it is the former, there may be few left when they go on general sale on March 27. It is also unclear whether agents can pre register their clients with P&O in the same way as booking directly. If not, there may be a lot of disappointed people who use an agent come March 27.

Was told on Sunday that all pre registered whether it be direct with P&O or a TA there is only one list and yes if certain cabin grades become over subscribed they are waitlisted and already half the grades on Britannia for the maiden are waitlisted.