Specialty restaurants...multiple entrees?

CruzeBoozer

Here is a recent thread on that subject: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933696

But I'll also repeat what I said in that thread:

In Muranos the portions are huge and they are pretty elaborate and made to order. A good number of them are prepped in the kitchen and cooked at table side with preparations that take a lot of time and effort for each entree. This is a lot different than just picking up an extra plate in the kitchen. I'm a big eater and I'm always totally full by the time we get to dessert with only one entree. I couldn't' imagine eating two there.

The other specialty restaurants are different. Silk Harvest and Qsine are designed for sharing many different entrees. Tuscan grill they often bring an extra entree or two to the table - such as a pasta entree or something else to share. But at Muranos it is a little different and I'm not sure an extra entree there is appropriate nor necessary. Even just an extra appetizer is plenty.

Can you order multiple entrees in the specialty restaurants and it is included in you rate? My wife and I often order an extra entree or appetizer etc. to share in Blu and I was wondering if you can do the same in the specialties?

as a general rule, appetizers, salads, soups and dessert are fine to order in bulk. the entree less so. some places will charge an extra fee for multiple entrees beyond one per person.

Back on subject, the Celebrity specialty restaurants, not MDR, LSimon was right on target. In Murano ordering two entrees per person would be difficult. If you think that you will want two, state so up front so they will prepare two for you. In Tuscan, you can do so more easily, especially if you want say, a steak and a pasta. Tell them up front so they will prepare them correctly for you. But the advice that portions are large is correct, so why not go with one per person, saving room for their excellent desserts.

Funny, on my last cruise years ago on RCCL, the MDR waiter quickly learned to bring me an extra NY strip steak every night. He was one of the best waiters of all time!

There is no problem ordering anything extra in the MDR. But speciality restaurants are different.

Plus, good luck in finding room to fit in extra anything in the speciality restaurants. You will be stuffed just eating their 3 course menu.:rolleyes:

There is no problem ordering anything extra in the MDR. But speciality restaurants are different.

Plus, good luck in finding room to fit in extra anything in the speciality restaurants. You will be stuffed just eating their 3 course menu.:rolleyes:

Ha don't be so sure!!!

The staff is reluctant to bring two entrees in Muranos, Normandie, SS United States and Ocean Liners. And to be honest, once you have their fantastic bread, an appetizer, main course, the cheese course and dessert, nearly everyone should be more than stuffed.

BTW, the MDR on any ship will provide multiple orders, but this question is about specialty restaurants, not the MDR.

We gave them 24 hour notice and ordered Steak Diane. When we arrived at dinner, we asked if we could have their Lobster Murano as an appetizer. They fixed both tableside at the same time as our main course.

Thanks for the info that sounds delightful!