Pullman VS Sofa bed on Oasis

bugtyler

We will be on the Oasis in July right now we are in a cabin with pullman and sofabed and there is only three of us, all adults....was wondering if anyone had experienced these two beds and which one is better..we are all fairly large people so I was also wondering if there was a weight restritction on pullman....looking for information on comfort for both...

We will be on the Oasis in July right now we are in a cabin with pullman and sofabed and there is only three of us, all adults....was wondering if anyone had experienced these two beds and which one is better..we are all fairly large people so I was also wondering if there was a weight restritction on pullman....looking for information on comfort for both...

Did not use either with Oasis, but our experience on other RCI ships (which I'm sure are similar beds) has been that the Pullman bed is typically more comfortable and has no weight restrictions that I am aware of - but you can check with your stateroom attendant to be sure. (As an adult I have slept in one twice in our cruising career). It is a single bed whereas the sofa bed is a double. Also, the free space in the room is less restrictive with the Pullman open than with the sofa bed open.

You can also ask your stateroom attendant to unfold both to see which you would prefer and then he will continue to make up the one you select.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Did not use either with Oasis, but our experience on other RCI ships (which I'm sure are similar beds) has been that the Pullman bed is typically more comfortable and has no weight restrictions that I am aware of

Pullmans have is a 300 LB weight restriction and states so on RCCL's website under FAQ.

OP might also be interested in knowing that Pullmans are 76" in length. Width unknown.

Edited by xxoocruiser

When we were on the Oasis a few years ago, we had our 16 year old with us. The cabin would hold 4. He tried the sofa the first night (unfolded) but then ended up using the pullman over the sofa. He said the pullman was waaay more comfortable ans so he remained there the rest of the week.

He was about 5'9" and 150 lbs at the time for the record. He slept very well once he went to the pullman.

:p

Here is a picture from Allure with the pullman/sofa bed. My son used the pullman and as you can see we used the sofa for storage with 3 of us in the room!! He had no complaints about the pullman and was 6 foot, but only 160ish.

IMG_4025.jpg

What category cabin did you have? I have always gotten a sofabed for my son since I didn't want him in a pullman over our bed, he moves to much and have always been afraid of him falling on us.

If you are asking me that was cabin 12320 on Allure which is a D3. We picked that configuration because of the pullman. Let my son be out of the way while he slept in in the morning!! The cabin has the diamond symbol instead of the triangle for the sofa bed.

If you are asking me that was cabin 12320 on Allure which is a D3. We picked that configuration because of the pullman. Let my son be out of the way while he slept in in the morning!! The cabin has the diamond symbol instead of the triangle for the sofa bed.

Thanks! I would definitely go with this configuration if he were to cruise with us again.

Thanks for the info..I had also read about egg crate foam they could give you for soffa bed...they gave us a room configuration that slept 4 but it is in the afts of ship 12718..and I was wanting something more midship but that would change us to a room that slept 3 that is why I was inquiring....just want to sleep good...

Here is a picture from Allure with the pullman/sofa bed. My son used the pullman and as you can see we used the sofa for storage with 3 of us in the room!! He had no complaints about the pullman and was 6 foot, but only 160ish.

IMG_4025.jpg

Wow, thanks for this photo.

We reserved a room with both a sofa and a pullman, and were wondering how the arrangement was. We have 2 teens of 14 and 18, and seeing that the pullman is above the sofa and not above the master bed is great news for us !

Btw, does anyone know if this arrangement is the same for balcony rooms?

Edited by afzeluches123

The cabin I mentioned was on the Oasis (the exact layout of the photo shown) and it was cabin number 11718. I believe most of the ocean view balcony cabins that have the extra bed are laid out like this. I can't comment on the insides or suite cabins as I'm not positive.

:)

We had a pullman over the bed on Indy. Never again!!!

We had a deck 6 aft balcony cabin, right on the very back & we found that at night the ship noise reverberated between the bottom of the pullman & the bed we were sleeping in.

The noise was a constant drone & booming. We even had the night staff come & take a look in our cabin as at first we couldn't understand what was making the noise, and assumed it was the air ducts or heating pipes that ran above our ceiling.

It wasn't until a few nights from the end of our trip (14 nights) did we try moving to the other end of the bed - which did improve the night's sleep.

Next month we are on the Allure & this time we have a sofa bed, and are looking forward to a better nights sleep :D

Is there away to figure out what configuration room 12718 might have..dont think I would like the one over bed...

Assuming you are asking about Oasis, that would have the configuration in my picture above (over the sofa). If you look at the deck plans that cabin has a solid diamond which denotes that configuration. The clear triangle is the sofa bed. I believe all balcony cabins on Oasis/Allure have the pullman over the sofa.

To whoever it was that asked (afzeluches123 I think) my pic 12320 is a balcony cabin on Allure. The curtains are just closed to the balcony.

Glad I could help people with the picture. Took it specifically to have for CC as I know the question comes up a lot!

Assuming you are asking about Oasis, that would have the configuration in my picture above (over the sofa). If you look at the deck plans that cabin has a solid diamond which denotes that configuration. The clear triangle is the sofa bed. I believe all balcony cabins on Oasis/Allure have the pullman over the sofa.

To whoever it was that asked (afzeluches123 I think) my pic 12320 is a balcony cabin on Allure. The curtains are just closed to the balcony.

Glad I could help people with the picture. Took it specifically to have for CC as I know the question comes up a lot!

Thanks. We reserved a balcony cabin on the 9th floor.

• 5 months later...

IMG_4025.jpg

Thanks for the pic! How does the sofabed work in this configuration? Can the ladder for the Pullman be moved to the foot of the bed? I don't see how the sofa can turn into a bed with the ladder in the way like you have in your picture.

My daughter (22 now) actually prefers the sofa bed. One word of warning regarding the sofa bed on the Allure/Oasis. When it is unfolded the space between the made up sofa bed and the vanity is pretty tight. I think that is why all the cabins with the sofa beds on the Oasis class have the sofa by the balcony.

Both times we have sailed the Allure we did self disembark and the one problem we had was we had no place to put out suitcases once we packed. We actually had a couple out on the balcony all night since there was no room in the cabin.