Dr Seuss on Carnival Who else is excited?

tonic67

I wasn't sure when it was going do happen, but it looks like the ship I am hoping to sale out on in March will have the Dr. Seuss theme all ready for the kids.

It will have a Green Eggs and Ham breakfast with Seuss Characters $5pp, not too bad to have the first sea day breakfast with the kids happy.

Here's some more info:

http://www.gaynycdad.com/2013/12/carnivalcruise-s-press-announcement-dr-seuss-celeb-pics-carnivalpr-seussatsea.html

Dr Seuss Parade and Story time .. sounds like so much fun and I am not even a fan of Dr. Suess, but I am still excited.

How did you find the roll out list and know that it will already be on your ship?

They must be sailing the Splendor!

The attached article says it will me launched on the Splendor in February 2014 and rolled out to other ships through 2015 and on the Vista in early 2016:

"Roll-out of the Seuss at Sea program will begin aboard Carnival Splendor in February 2014 with implementation across the full fleet by 2015, as well as Carnival Vista when that ship enters service in early 2016."

I'm sorry to say

but I see a trend

Carnival is starting to charge

so things they can mend

So pay for music

and pay for food

Then more you pay and pay

now hows your mood?:eek::eek:

You know though, ... it is only $5. I do not mind paying for a venue, at all, if it is something I am interested in, rather than including it the cruise fare and charging higher cruise fares for everyone. I will not eat green eggs & ham with a goat or on a boat, but do not mind paying $35 for the Steakhouse. IMHO , it is a great option for the kiddies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are THRILLED about this new program. We're excited that our niece (who loves reading) will get to have a character experience on a cruise without paying Disney prices or sailing on RCI.

Plus $5 for a character meal isn't bad. Sesame Place charges $20ish for an adult and $10 for a child to have breakfast with Elmo (on top of the $40-$50 admission) and I can only imagine what WDW prices are up to. I don't mind paying a little extra on top of my reasonably affordable cruise fare for things that will make my cruise more personal. We already do it for excursions, drink packages, and dining venues.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

AHAHAHAH I laughed at the Suess poems you guys made up. I showed my husband all videos of the ship and pics of the spa and Dr. Seuss. He put in for days off and is on hold for 29th and 30th and waiting for the second. Please do your "cruise dance" that he gets the dates off and I can book ASAP.

I would go to the show

with green eggs I would go

One the seas

with some peas

I would go and go and go.

(pretty lame I know)

Edited by tonic67

I am very excited for my son! He is 7 and he really was sad that we weren't going to meet spongebob on the other cruise line (that charges $25 to meet characters);) $5 pp for breakfast is a ok deal I just hope its on the sea day and not when we get into FL!

I wasn't sure when it was going do happen, but it looks like the ship I am hoping to sale out on in March will have the Dr. Seuss theme all ready for the kids.

It will have a Green Eggs and Ham breakfast with Seuss Characters $5pp, not too bad to have the first sea day breakfast with the kids happy.

Here's some more info:

http://www.gaynycdad.com/2013/12/carnivalcruise-s-press-announcement-dr-seuss-celeb-pics-carnivalpr-seussatsea.html

Dr Seuss Parade and Story time .. sounds like so much fun and I am not even a fan of Dr. Suess, but I am still excited.

Am sad because it will not be on the Liberty when we sail in September. I was hoping it would be. My sister loves Dr. Seuss and we will be celebrating her 60th birthday on this cruise.

The day of the breakfast will be the morning of the first sea day, and if there are many people who want to do it and they sell out, they may do it again on another sea day on the way back... that's what I read. They will also have meet and greet and photo ops and a conga line parade with the characters.

Edited by tonic67
mispelling