SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

The only thing that I have been able to get on a same day basis from our suites, is a quick pressing of my Tux! Our steward has always been really great about that!

We have never had any problems since we started booking suites in 2005.

One time we had a steward question it and I asked him to verify that and he came back and apologized saying that he wasn't aware of it.

Mike:)

As you paid for the suite you will get two cruise credits for the trip. Free upgrades to a suite only get one. You get three credits if you are solo in a suite. I think you can find it under the FAQ section on the Princess web site but having cruised aft suites for quite some time I can assure you that you will get two credits. They do not however double the number of days that you are credited with. First order of business for us when we board is to meet our cabin steward, ask for a cork screw and crack a very good bottle of red on the balcony. I always have a cork screw in my checked baggage but it might not be there when we hit the room.

Just wanted to clarify this. I sailed solo in my cabin and took and upsell to a suite from a mini. I only rec'd 2 credits not 3. I emailed Princess and they said I don't get the additional one credit as it was an upsell. Too bad because that would have pushed me to elite.

Just wanted to clarify this. I sailed solo in my cabin and took and upsell to a suite from a mini. I only rec'd 2 credits not 3. I emailed Princess and they said I don't get the additional one credit as it was an upsell. Too bad because that would have pushed me to elite.

Pretend you didn't see the email and give them a call. We took an upsell and the extra credit didn't show up on the personalizer so I called and they said that they have to do it manually. You paid for your full suite, granted at a discount, but you still paid above what you had paid for the mini.

Jackie

Pretend you didn't see the email and give them a call. We took an upsell and the extra credit didn't show up on the personalizer so I called and they said that they have to do it manually. You paid for your full suite, granted at a discount, but you still paid above what you had paid for the mini.

Jackie

Would I phone the main Princess number? Sorry if this is a dumb question as I tried to look for a number. On HAL, it is stated right on the paperwork, no extra points. Princess said no such thing on the upsell. I tried to look for a phone number but I couldn't find one. That said, I didn't look long. I think they said because I'm a solo I'm already getting "extra". The thing is I paid just as a couple would. Thx so much for your help.

Edited by cruz chic

Would I phone the main Princess number? Sorry if this is a dumb question as I tried to look for a number. On HAL, it is stated right on the paperwork, no extra points. Princess said no such thing on the upsell. I tried to look for a phone number but I couldn't find one. That said, I didn't look long. I think they said because I'm a solo I'm already getting "extra". The thing is I paid just as a couple would. Thx so much for your help.

Do US toll-free numbers work in Canada? The number I use is: 1-800-774-6237. It's on the Princess website and also is the mnemonic 1-800-PRINCESS.

Do US toll-free numbers work in Canada? The number I use is: 1-800-774-6237. It's on the Princess website and also is the mnemonic 1-800-PRINCESS.

I have not tried the Princess number but others have not worked.

Actually I just phoned the main number option #7. She read some mysterious piece of paper that says upsells do not qualify for extra points. I asked her nicely if they would add that on to paperwork that they send out. I think you lucked out with the points. It would have been nice to be elite now. Thank you both for the help.

Edited by cruz chic

On the sapphire now and the laundry is super slow. Tomorrow it will be 2 days since I sent it. So much for same day. Sabatinis is very nice and cabin c750 is great. So quiet. Personalized stationery rec'd in the back of the binder. Easy to miss.

I'll be in this cabin in 12 days, do you have any pictures to share or can you tell me about the balcony seating? I've seen pictures of a table with 4 chairs and two loungers or table with 2 chairs and two loungers.

I upgraded to impress what I hope to be my future in laws who will be on their 1st cruise. Hoping to be able to do breakfast/tea/dinner for four people on the balcony at least once or twice during the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess since no one has posted since 03/07 that you may have already taken your cruise. Just in case you haven't, please keep in mind that you can order off of the MDR lunch and dinner menus to enjoy in your cabin / balcony. If you don't see the menus upon embarkation, make sure to request them to your Cabin Steward. He will deliver them daily.

Hint: I know it's a TON of money for the Suite itself, but we also splurged for the Ultimate Balcony Dining, as the balcony was perfect for it. It was EXCELLENT.

We LOVE breakfast at Sab's. It's a fixed menu, but a very nice one. It's so peaceful and pleasant. It's open until 10:00am, too, and they'll do special requests.

Aft PH Suites are our favorites. The panoramic views are spectacular. But, be prepared to be spoiled. The large marble shower and Jacuzzi tub are GREAT, as are the plush robes and slippers, as well as all that extra space. LOOOOOVE the walk in closet. To this day, we find it hard to go back to a MiniSuite . . . and we always thought those were pretty plush.

Oh, I forgot. You will have a teak table and chairs large enough for four to sit comfortably, as well as 2 teak chaise loungers with a usable small table in between. Both the chairs and the loungers have nice, thick cushioning, too.

I haven't read all of the pages in this thread, so I hope I'm not repeating what you may already know.

I'm sure it is in any suite on Princess. I almost didn't see it until I looked in the folder that is in the suite which has the information pertaining to the suites. It was in the folder on the desk near the bed.

It is large 8 1/2 x 11 paper with envelopes that has your names, suite name and dates stamped in the corner. It also has matching envelopes that say "written at sea" on them.

We have had the stationary in all of our suites! ;) Kind of a little something extra to send a note to the kids or grandkids!:rolleyes:

I am very interested in this thread. We booked a Penthouse Suite midship on the Star Princess Caribe Deck for our January 3, 2015 cruise to Mexico.

Already found out about the two mini-bar setups (one for being in a suite and one for being Elite) per our Princess CVP.

Didn't know about the specialty coffees at Sabatini's (hubby loves Cafe Mochas).

But here is a dumb question. Looking at the cabin layout, there is a coffee table, but no dining table in the cabin. If you order room service from the full menu, are you expected to eat it off the small oval coffee table? Or are you expected to eat it on the dining table on the balcony? Or something my hubby would try to do, move that table into the cabin?

We are really excited to be in our first full suite too (although there are some overlapping benefits for being Elite).

Edited by cflutist

It's your choice but we usually just eat at the oval coffee table in the cabin.

We have eaten outside when it was a nice evening and not windy.

Don't think I would try and bring the teak table in the cabin.

So is there a jetted tub on the Star?

What do the leather cruise card wallets look like?

Well, I'm really excited, but need to sail next week on a CA Coastal first.

Yes you will have a jetted tub and separate shower.

The wallets are 4X6" fold over with a window inside and a pocket in which to keep your cruise card and embossed with the sea witch and Princess Cruises on the outside.

Thanks Mike for all of the info. I can't wait. :D

No problem, have a great cruise.

Now you've got me looking at that cruise. Is it a 10 day? I see there are 5 midship PH cabins left.

Edited by bhopal21

My husband and I are going on our first cruise VS C750 on the Golden to Alaska May 31. This thread has answered a lot of our questions regarding suite perks but I do have a couple things I'm not clear on. If we do the specialty dinner on embarkation night do we need to leave a tip if so what is an appropriate amount? Are the specialty coffee's included with the breakfast at Sabatini's or is there a charge for them? And finally do we tip the staff at Sabatini's for breakfast and again if so then how much and when (each day or end of cruise)? Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Does anyone know how early they open for breakfast for suite pax?

Some of our shore excursions left at 8:30 which forced us to have breakfast in the Horizon Court.

That is my only complaint about Sabatini's. Breakfast hours are 7:30 to 9:30 on port days and 7:30 to 10:30 on sea days. Wished they opened at 7:00 on port days like the MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Aft PH Suites are our favorites. The panoramic views are spectacular. But, be prepared to be spoiled. The large marble shower and Jacuzzi tub are GREAT, as are the plush robes and slippers, as well as all that extra space. LOOOOOVE the walk in closet. To this day, we find it hard to go back to a MiniSuite . . . and we always thought those were pretty plush.

Oh, I forgot. You will have a teak table and chairs large enough for four to sit comfortably, as well as 2 teak chaise loungers with a usable small table in between. Both the chairs and the loungers have nice, thick cushioning, too.

I haven't read all of the pages in this thread, so I hope I'm not repeating what you may already know.

Question. Been thinking of an aft Vista on our next cruise. A PH would work too. What features of a PH would cause me to prefer that over a Vista?

Question. Been thinking of an aft Vista on our next cruise. A PH would work too. What features of a PH would cause me to prefer that over a Vista?
We have been in a mid ships PH (S4) and an aft Vista (S6) suite. Layout and features are almost identical. We have not been in the aft S3 suites but I imagine they are similar. You need to move up to an Owner's (S2) suite to get more features. On all ships except the Royal and Regal the S2 suites have additional room for a dining table and four chairs so that you can eat in comfort inside you cabin and even share with family if friends.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A PH will have a desk near the entry and shelving on either side of the sink in the bath that the Vista will not. They are generally a few feet larger as well.

Most of the price difference is due to location