Adding another guest after booking?

TaNyler

I have searched the RC FAQ and searched these boards and didn't find an answer to my question so I hope someone can be of some help.

My wife and I are planning our first RC cruise on the Navigator of The Seas for September 28, 2014 problem is we are not sure if we plan on taking our 5 year old son. I was wondering can you add a guest after booking? Our 3 previous cruise have been on Carnival and If I remember right you could but you had to pay a fee of some sort plus the current rate.

Thanks in advance!

First you will have to book a cabin that will accomdate 3 people. If you book too late, even with a 3 person cabin, you may not be able to book because the limit will have been reached.

Personally, I would book for 3 and if you change your mind you can change after the fact. Seems it would be easier to go from 3 persons to 2 if you have to change cabins.

First you will have to book a cabin that will accomdate 3 people. If you book too late, even with a 3 person cabin, you may not be able to book because the limit will have been reached.

Personally, I would book for 3 and if you change your mind you can change after the fact. Seems it would be easier to go from 3 persons to 2 if you have to change cabins.

Absolutely agree. Book the cabin for 3 now and then you may cancel the third person with no penalty anytime up until final payment.

Yes, you have to be sure the cabin you book will accomodate three. I would book all three names, then if you decide not to take your child, just have his name removed from the booking. The deposit made for him will simply be applied to your final payment. My son and DIL did this once.

In order to do that, you will need to know by a certain date (probably around may 28) and you will need to have a room that can accommodate a third person.

The first step would be to see if your current room can hold 3 people, and if not change to a room that does.

They can book a third person in the cabin up until a few days before the cruise if they are in a cabin for three and there is still lifeboat capacity. Where are you getting May 28th from?:confused:

In order to do that, you will need to know by a certain date (probably around may 28) and you will need to have a room that can accommodate a third person.

The first step would be to see if your current room can hold 3 people, and if not change to a room that does.

You do not need to know by a certain date. As long as your cabin can accommodate 3 and there is still capacity left then theoretically you could add a third person 24 hours prior to departure.

Another downside to waiting to add the third person (assuming the lifeboat capacity is not reached, the room is configured for three, and whatever future date you decide is allowable - all of which are valid issues) is that you will also pay the 3rd person rate in place at the time they are added, which may be higher than the current rate.

Given that the deposit is fully refundable up until final payment date (which is 75 days prior to sailing) and with an early booking you can assure a third person availability, I completely agree with the advice to include him with your original booking and then if plans change, remove him prior to final payment if need be.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

They can book a third person in the cabin up until a few days before the cruise if they are in a cabin for three and there is still lifeboat capacity. Where are you getting May 28th from?:confused:

not necessarily..if the kids' club for the age range is at capacity they will not be able to add the child. even if there is technically room on the lifeboat or the cabin takes three.

not necessarily..if the kids' club for the age range is at capacity they will not be able to add the child. even if there is technically room on the lifeboat or the cabin takes three.

That is a Princess policy, I have never seen anyone have that issue with Royal Caribbean. Do you have a link to that policy?

Adventure ocean capacity should have nothing to do with it as RCI has no way of knowing how many kids will ever visit AO until the kids board the ship and the kids sign up. Our kids tried AO once and never went back. Many times we are up in the arcade and see in the AO rooms and there is a group of maybe 10 kids while there are literally hundreds on board.

Ourusualbeach is correct. I know from experience with our kids when they were young that's not the case with RCI - not every child joins the kids clubs. The restrictions would be based entirely on lifeboat capacity at the time of booking and stateroom availability configured for three. Kids club capacity is not a factor.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If you try and add the 3rd person and they have reached their life boat capacity for that boat then even if the room accomodates 3 you won't be able to add the person, best way is to book for 3 now then if things change, you can cancel the 3rd passenger. A way to look at it, say for example, 20 cabins are assigned 1 lifeboat out of those 20 cabins, 6 rooms can handle a 3rd passenger. Once they reach 6, then they can't take anymore unless one cancels. I ran into this when booking our daughter for our NZ cruise and this was right after the bookings opened. It seemed odd that they could have reached their maximum number 2 hours after opening the booking. We did check back and were able to move her into our cabin, a JS.

Thank You all for your replies. If I do chose to add my son and decided to take him off later what happens to the money I spent on his cruise fare? Is it refunded or just lost?

You would need to remove him BEFORE you make final payment...you will then be refunded his deposit...if you wait till after final payment you would lose some or all of your money...depending on how long after final payment you cancelled him...