Something is up on the Carnival valor

cbell21219

thanks for the info!

Please continue your "investigation" -keep asking questions.

What caused the small fire in someone's cabin?

A fan? Hair dryer? What sort of appliance?

Cigarette? A bonfire got out of hand? (you never know!!)

did anyone get put off the ship for doing silly stuff/breaking rules?

tmi.

We sailed the Valor two weeks ago, fantastic ship, fantastic crew. I'm sure this incident was handled quickly and well by the on-board crew. You sail a vessel of 2000+ occupants every week, and careless incidents are bound to happen, it doesn't matter what cruise line your on, things can go wrong. Glad no one was hurt and the damage was isolated.

We also were on the Valor 2 weeks ago. Wonderful Ship & Crew. :D:)My only complaint was a Table of around 8 Drunks :confused: on the Sea day That blew up at me for sliding a chair away from their table so that my disabled wife could get her mobility scooter thru. Hope these people read this. Idiots....

Well, back to work, We had a awesome time on the ship and I will be writing up a full scale review with a heavy dose of pictures as well.

We did have a perfect vacation and the cabin fire only made it better for us (sorry for the people whos room got torched) but sailing away from Havensight at night with all the lights running up and down the island was AMAZING.

As we left St. Thomas the next day was our sea day but there was some sort of medical emergency that the ships doctor wanted someone off the boat ASAP. So on our sea day around 4:30PM we pulled into Fort De France. The capital of Martinique. Guys Martinique took my breathe away. It was by far the best looking island we saw on the trip. Although St. Kitts is very beautiful as well. I don't have all my pictures with me but I will be doing a day by day review in the coming week.

Feel free to ask any questions!!!

Very much interested in your day in St Thomas. Did you take your solo sail to Jost van Dyke? Please share any insights with us. Thanks in advance. :)

We did our Solo sail but we did not go to Jost, the sea was pretty choppy on Monday so I elected to stay between St. Thomas and St. John as the water is calmer between the islands.

Re-read the article, Tullic. It says that the other cabins nearby were aired out.

Well, I guess they could have stayed in their cabins while they were aired out...

Yup, they had very large fans blowing.

... hopefully not overnight though.

As we left St. Thomas the next day was our sea day

but there was some sort of medical emergency that the ships doctor wanted someone off the boat ASAP.

So on our sea day around 4:30PM we pulled into Fort De France. The capital of Martinique.

The stories you hear here.

As we left St. Thomas the next day was our sea day but there was some sort of medical emergency that the ships doctor wanted someone off the boat ASAP. So on our sea day around 4:30PM we pulled into Fort De France. The capital of Martinique.

Well, This is strange. My son is currently on the Valor and just texted me they have stopped off the coast of Martinique because of a medical emergency. Two "medical emergencies" in two weeks, both on the way to Barbados having to stop in Martinique? Wow!

• 3 weeks later...