Transatlantic Price Drop Silhouette

MaisonRose

Our April 20, 2014 TA just had a price drop, post final payment.

I called my online agency and they managed a considerable upgrade

from gty ocean view to C2 Verandah. I am so glad I asked. Still, we paid

more for the OV than the current balcony rate.

It pays to read the threads--had I not done that, I woulda been clueless.

Thanks! CC...

Susan

Edited by MaisonRose
more

That cruise is on Tuesday special, starting tomorrow, but ONLY guarantee cabins.

The price of a concierge guaranty on SPECIAL is actually $50 more than last week.

I'm very puzzled. We are interested in that cruise but won't take a guarantee cabin since we have had very bad experience so far with guarantees.

If they put it on special AND we can actually pick a cabin or class then Bon voyage.

That seems to be the trend on virtually all of the April TAs - price drop after final payment. I've been watching all of them to decide what to do about mine - Infinity - final payment due in two days. I was even considering changing to an inside GTY since I'm pretty sure I can "upgrade" back to my current OV GTY at the current price if nothing happens. It's fun playing the pricing game - almost like palying the stock market. :cool:

P.S. Beside price drops in the standard fare, some specialty fares have been added on some cabins - like Military or Fire/Police discounts.

Edited by kemenyg

That cruise is on Tuesday special, starting tomorrow, but ONLY guarantee cabins.

The price of a concierge guaranty on SPECIAL is actually $50 more than last week.

I'm very puzzled. We are interested in that cruise but won't take a guarantee cabin since we have had very bad experience so far with guarantees.

If they put it on special AND we can actually pick a cabin or class then Bon voyage.

Does Celebrity allow you to move cabins once your guaranty gets assigned? They used to allow changes in same class.

When do they normally assign the cabins?

This cruise is way more pricey then last year where I got an AQU cabin for $999

Hard to book at today prices :(

I agree! Last year we paid $739 for a 2A balcony on this cruise. I was hoping that the prices would be comparable this year...(Now if they'd throw in the 1,2,3 package...)

Does Celebrity allow you to move cabins once your guaranty gets assigned? They used to allow changes in same class.

When do they normally assign the cabins?

Cabin assignment timing seems to vary a lot - we got ours about 2 weeks after booking while others not until you get within a few days of the sailing. Not sure what are all the factors that go into that decision on Celebrity's side.

I was already to jump all over this until I checked on air and a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for the night before the cruise. Being around spring break, the air is up over $100 p.p. over what I paid this past October. Our "favorite" hotels are up over $100 per night also. Maybe I'll wait until there is another price drop, or my ta can throw in more percs such as obc or prepaid gratuities.

Like others, I paid about $1,000 p.p. for a Conceirage last spring.

That seems to be the trend on virtually all of the April TAs - price drop after final payment. I've been watching all of them to decide what to do about mine - Infinity - final payment due in two days. I was even considering changing to an inside GTY since I'm pretty sure I can "upgrade" back to my current OV GTY at the current price if nothing happens.

A major online site has Infinity transatlantic priced at $499/$599/$799 inside/OV/balcony with $100 OBC combinable with $200 shareholder OBC.

Edited by teecee60

Thanks! CC...

Susan

I notice that a Balcony 2A has gone up 10.5% from the price I paid in September. Plus at the time I had the pick of the prime location cabins as well. Just shows that trying to time the lowest fare is much like trying to time the stock market. So all in all I have the location I wanted plus I am still ahead on the pricing.

Thanks! CC...

Susan

We're booked on the Equinox April 14th TA and had some great price drops as well. Managed to upgrade from a 2D balcony to an AquaClass grty. for only $77 pp. more. I checked online this evening, and we have been assigned an A1 cabin, 1565. Looking forward to trying Blu for the first time. :D

Tony

I notice that a Balcony 2A has gone up 10.5% from the price I paid in September. Plus at the time I had the pick of the prime location cabins as well. Just shows that trying to time the lowest fare is much like trying to time the stock market. So all in all I have the location I wanted plus I am still ahead on the pricing.

Let's do the math. Current price for a 2A is $1599 p.p. You stated that that's up 10.5% from what you paid. That means you paid about $1449. Somebody that bought in the last few days could have got a balcony guarantee for $945 p.p. They could get assigned a 2D at the very worst and maybe a 2A or better. $504 p.p. savings is a pretty nice timing reward. Ship location is vastly overrated. I always booked guarantees and have never been disappointed. Besides the huge savings could keep me in drinks if the ocassion ever arised.

A major online site has Infinity transatlantic priced at $499/$599/$799 inside/OV/balcony with $100 OBC combinable with $200 shareholder OBC.

Why wouldn't Celebrity save this drop for another two days and do it after final payment (due tomorrow)? They just gave me (and others who waited and paid attention to prices) some free money. :cool:

Edited by kemenyg

We have always gotten perfectly good cabins and usually better than what we have paid for.

My experience (shh) is to call the Captain Club's special request line and give a reason why i want a certain location and have been assigned on the spot.

In November I asked for as far aft as possible because my bird-watching cabin mate, a first timer, wanted to observe the wake. We were steps from the stairs up to the back deck.

Well. you know the drill: it doesn't hurt to ask.

We have always gotten perfectly good cabins and usually better than what we have paid for.

My experience (shh) is to call the Captain Club's special request line and give a reason why i want a certain location and have been assigned on the spot.

In November I asked for as far aft as possible because my bird-watching cabin mate, a first timer, wanted to observe the wake. We were steps from the stairs up to the back deck.

Well. you know the drill: it doesn't hurt to ask.

So do you call the Captain's Club before you book or after you have booked a guarantee?

Thanks! CC...

Susan

Great job! Hope you enjoy your upgrade. I love how informed we CC readers are!