Coffee at afternoon tea?

Tazstravelgirl

There's usually something from the pastry cart to enjoy while you're waiting for your coffee to be served.

teatime.jpg

I've heard macaroons are also available and it's best to KNOW what to request...so what's the normal run down of pastry options?

I've heard macaroons are also available and it's best to KNOW what to request...so what's the normal run down of pastry options?

As I mentioned above...my favorite are the fresh strawberries w/a dollop of their fresh made (at least I think it is...but don't care cause it's delish!) whipped cream. They also have little cream-filled puffs (which I usually can't get enough of). They also have several different types of tea-sized sandwiches and other things. I can't remember them all, but they do have IMHO a nice choice.

I always order a soft drink as I don't like hot beverages (I know, why am I at "Tea" if I don't like tea...because of the pastries silly...LOL!).:D If you do go to Tea time and don't like what they serve...then don't go to anymore on that cruise because they serve the same items at all of them, which I personally don't mind.;)

It's nice really, they come around with a box of a variety of teas and you pick the one you want. Then they come around with a cart filled with pastries and those cute little tea-sized sandwiches. They come around with the tea tray about twice as I remember. I'm the one at our table that's joking (not really...I did say I love them strawberries and cream...LOL), "Where's that guy with the tea tray, I want more strawberries!" On our last cruise, the people we had just met were funny and were saying, "Yeah, bring back the tea tray or off with your heads!". We were all just joking of course, and weren't saying this out loud, just between ourselves. Tea Time is just more Fun Time! I'd be sad if they ever did away with it.

Edited by mousey

As I mentioned above...my favorite are the fresh strawberries w/a dollop of their fresh made (at least I think it is...but don't care cause it's delish!) whipped cream. They also have little cream-filled puffs (which I usually can't get enough of). They also have several different types of tea-sized sandwiches and other things. I can't remember them all, but they do have IMHO a nice choice.

I always order a soft drink as I don't like hot beverages (I know, why am I at "Tea" if I don't like it...because of the pastries...LOL!).:D If you do go to Tea time and don't like what the serve...then don't go to anymore on that cruise because they serve the same items at all of them, which I personally don't mind.;)

I've never been, if it's only on sea days then I'll only have one on the next cruise anyway.

I always order a soft drink as I don't like hot beverages (I know, why am I at "Tea" if I don't like it...because of the pastries...LOL!).:D If you do go to Tea time and don't like what the serve...then don't go to anymore on that cruise because they serve the same items at all of them, which I personally don't mind.;)

OOps! Somehow this double-posted. Sorry!

Edited by mousey

Is the tea offered more than one sea day per cruise?

Yes, at least it was when we sailed - on all the (4 out of 9 nights) sea days, just check the Fun Times (linked under Signature details) as it's listed. They come around with the tray of tea bags first and upon request, will bring you coffee. Turnout was usually low - or, that most folks are occupied with other activities or not interested.

Edited by mking8288