Enchantment of the Seas....Anyone???

Heytray41

Hi,

Looking to cruise in October. Originally was looking at the Majesty out of Miami or the Vision out of Fort Lauderdale. Now we are looking at the Enchantment out of Port Canaveral for convenience sake. I am wondering if anyone has recently done the 4 nighter, if the ship has recently been refurbished, and overall experience? I'm looking forward to your replies!

Thanks,

Traci

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Looking to cruise in October. Originally was looking at the Majesty out of Miami or the Vision out of Fort Lauderdale. Now we are looking at the Enchantment out of Port Canaveral for convenience sake. I am wondering if anyone has recently done the 4 nighter, if the ship has recently been refurbished, and overall experience? I'm looking forward to your replies!

Thanks,

Traci

I'm leaving on Monday so I can let you know!

We did the four nighter last week. It was our first cruise and we loved it, but I being our first I have nothing to compare it to. I chose it over the Majesty mostly because of the things it offered for my three teens like the bungee trampolines but my kids only used it a few times. I found everything to be very nice but again don't have anything to com are it to.

We did the 4 day on the Enchantment last year and had a great time. It was dry docked in Dec 2012. You can get a complete list of ships here at Cruise Critic: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=521

As for the boat, we loved everything about it except the Cruise Director but it looks like he has moved to another boat, unfortunately for me, its the boat I get on Saturday :(

That cruise was the first time I had been on that class of ship and we enjoyed it. I have been on the Majesty as well and its a toss up between the two really. There are more options to eat on the Enchantment than there are on the Majesty but the Majesty has a Johnny Rockets and for me, thats when I know Im on vacations having cruised on Voyager class ships too much :)

If i had to pick, I would take the Enchantment over the Majesty only for a few more things to do and places to eat on board.

Hi,

Thanks,

Traci

Enchantment was refurbished a little over a year ago. We were on her this past September and she looked great.

We were on Enchantment May 2013, not long after her refurb.

She is a beautiful ship with a great crew at the time.

We love smaller ships, and after just completed a cruise on Princess's Ruby, even at 113 tons, she was a little too big so we booked Vision for May.

Either way, Vision or Enchantment, I think you will be pleased.

Haven't been on her. . . . yet. (3/14.) That said, I researched Enchantment vs. Majesty for a long time and Majesty was consistently cheaper, but not as well reviewed. (Especially her inside cabins are a lot smaller, I am told.) When I saw Enchantment drop to the same price as Majesty, I jumped on it. Looking forward to it and will review when I get home.

We have sailed on the Enchantment many times with the most recent being mid-December.

The ship is in great shape and the crew is even finer. Food and service is on par or better than the other ships in the fleet.:)

If I could, I would be on the Enchantment right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just went on the Enchantment last month. Had a great time. Thought about possibly doing the Majesty instead just because it goes to Key West. But the thought of no sea day, at an island every day, and being an older and smaller ship kind of turned me off. I love Chops restaurant and knew we'd get that on the Enchantment. Also, there's an indoor pool in the solarium.

Just seemed like the right choice for us.

Happy planning!

@loyalroyal17 I was looking at majesty also because of key west, we've never been there and always seems like such a fun place! But, having been on the majesty before, I am really looking forward to the enchantment, thinking we may even stay on board in Nassau. We'll see...

Thanks for sharing :-)

Traci

@loyalroyal17 I was looking at majesty also because of key west, we've never been there and always seems like such a fun place! But, having been on the majesty before, I am really looking forward to the enchantment, thinking we may even stay on board in Nassau. We'll see...

Thanks for sharing :-)

Traci

In Nassau we stayed on the ship while most people got off, so it was nice having a lot more room on the pool deck. Later in the afternoon we went in town shopping, and enjoyed drinks and a snack at Senor Frogs. Great, fun atmosphere and glad we got off for awhile.

Enjoy your cruise!

Celeste

Hi,

Thanks,

Traci

We have done a 7 night and and 10 night out of Baltimore on Enchantment on 2010 and 2011. While a smaller ship we found it very nice and enjoyed the Solarium especially. If she has been redone the experience should be even better.