Could 4 People Share a Drink Package / 2 Cabins

I think the prices are very reasonable, heck in most restaurants and bars here in my city, drinks avg about $10. I liked the prices on the cruise as most hard liquor was sub $10. But, i agree, don't cheat a good thing.

I got the premium package which was $55 a day, that was super easy for me. I drank from bottled water, soda and alcohol around $80 to $100 a day.. easy.

3 glasses of wine for dinner, shoot more than halfway there.

If you are not a big drinker, than it's "not worth it" I mean that in terms of bottled water, soda and some drinks per day.

I like to drink while on vacation, i am not a big eater but drinking is my thing, and hitting 5 drinks while on vacation a day is super easy for me.

Most of all it put my mind at ease, my wife did not have the package and her drinks were all itemized and it adds up... drink packages are care free in my opinion for no last minute end of cruise bill surprises.

I am not a big drinker but the appeal to me is the freedom to try things I normally wouldn't. Plus I drink a lot of bottled water on cruises.(long story.) I might be able to drink enough water to offset the cost, actually. ;)

I am not a big drinker but the appeal to me is the freedom to try things I normally wouldn't. Plus I drink a lot of bottled water on cruises.(long story.) I might be able to drink enough water to offset the cost, actually. ;)

We bought Replenish for each adult on our last cruise, and the bottled water package for DS (not realizing that it was Liter bottles...we bought the 24 bottle package, holy moly that's a lot of water).

DH doesn't drink alcohol and DS just drinks water. The plan for me was to drink exactly what I wanted and just pay for the booze.

And I did just that.

But neither adult broke even with the Replenish, even though we tried.

The plan for the future is:

Big bottled water package for the room.

I'll pay for the drinks I get as I go (lattes, beer, etc).

DH can do what he wants; he liked the "all inclusive" feel of Replenish, even though he didn't break even...I think he'll try harder next time. :)

So if your main thing is bottled water, just take care of that with a package, and go out of pocket for the other things you might like to try, if it doesn't reach a level where a package would work for you.

And for us non drinkers sharing with a drinker I'm glad they changed the options. I would not get any thing out of an alcoholic drink package if I had to buy one because my friend did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't understand why people would want to cheat the system. ($$ it's obvious, but would you walk into a supermarket and take a drink from the shelf and walk back out? Same principle!)

As someone said, thanks RC for treating their customers like adults and letting us buy which package suits us as individuals. I am sure also as someone else said they do monitor your seapass account and can easily see if you are a cheat.

I am pleased that not everyone in the stateroom has to buy the same package. I hardly drink alcohol so am looking forward to the replensish package whilst my DH doesn't like cocktails or spirits so he is planning on getting the beer and wine package.

I hope people don't spoil it for the rest of us and this option is still available for our cruise in September.

Maybe if they lowered the price some people would not feel the need to "share" so that they can break even.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Seriously? I know for a fact that I'll never "break even" so the drink package is not a good option for me. I just purchase as I go.

On my son's NYE cruise on the Serenade, they talked to people that had their packages revoked so they must be paying attention.

Wrong. That rule has recently changed.

No you are wrong. I just purchased the drink package for myself the other day for my upcoming cruise. My g/f doesnt drink all that much so I will get a drink and give it to her to sip on.

Having done the drink package I will just give a heads up to the liars, cheaters, thieves, (choose your title) that Royal Caribbean through your sea pass card knows EXACTLY when, what, how many, what time, etc you buy your drinks.

If you drink a lot and think you can also subsidize another person who drinks a lot you will draw attention. Meaning you could get caught or cut off from bar service for having too many drinks on your sea pass (even though you aren't paying). And the price for getting caught….well it is theft so I am sure they have their procedure for dealing with thieves. There is a holding cell for criminals on board and you could be arrested or kicked off in the next port.

ROFL seriously?? You think they will kick you off or put you in a cell for sharing the drink package, nice try but no...

Edited by jp30338

while technically it's not allowed, you definitely can. You will only be served one drink at a time but could probably go to a different bar or ask a different waiter and they'd bring you a second. I don't think I've ever had someone scan my card for pop/soda. They usually just look at the card and make sure it has the sticker or whatever depending on cruise line. I got a drink for my mom off of my card and one for myself as well in the span of about 2 minutes. I'm not sure how well it would work if you were trying to do it regularly though

Having done the drink package I will just give a heads up to the liars, cheaters, thieves, (choose your title) that Royal Caribbean through your sea pass card knows EXACTLY when, what, how many, what time, etc you buy your drinks.

If you drink a lot and think you can also subsidize another person who drinks a lot you will draw attention. Meaning you could get caught or cut off from bar service for having too many drinks on your sea pass (even though you aren't paying). And the price for getting caught….well it is theft so I am sure they have their procedure for dealing with thieves. There is a holding cell for criminals on board and you could be arrested or kicked off in the next port.

are you freaking kidding me?? I think that language is a bit strong! You aren't incorrect in your statement but this is pop/soda we are talking about...not murder. Calm down!

Anyhoo...I drink A LOT of pop and happen to love it. I MORE than got my money's worth so it's totally worth it to me but may not be to others. Honestly I had 2 or 3 diet cokes in about 15 minutes ( DON'T JUDGE ME :D) and that could probably be a red flag as well. but they were ALL for me and I loved every second of it.

The whole fact is...do what you want but be ready to deal with the consequences. I find it hard to believe that you'd get kicked off the ship over pop but they could revoke your drink package and you'd lose some money.

No you are wrong. I just purchased the drink package for myself the other day for my upcoming cruise. My g/f doesnt drink all that much so I will get a drink and give it to her to sip on.

You must be confused. I was the one who said the rule was recently changed to allow one person to purchase the package. The old rule was that all over 21 in a cabin had to purchase it.

while technically it's not allowed, you definitely can. You will only be served one drink at a time but could probably go to a different bar or ask a different waiter and they'd bring you a second. I don't think I've ever had someone scan my card for pop/soda. They usually just look at the card and make sure it has the sticker or whatever depending on cruise line. I got a drink for my mom off of my card and one for myself as well in the span of about 2 minutes. I'm not sure how well it would work if you were trying to do it regularly though

Technically shoplifting is not allowed but people do it. Taking your neighbors property is not technically allowed but people do that too. So what's your point? That even though it is stealing, you can definitely get away with it?

are you freaking kidding me?? I think that language is a bit strong! You aren't incorrect in your statement but this is pop/soda we are talking about...not murder. Calm down!

Anyhoo...I drink A LOT of pop and happen to love it. I MORE than got my money's worth so it's totally worth it to me but may not be to others. Honestly I had 2 or 3 diet cokes in about 15 minutes ( DON'T JUDGE ME :D) and that could probably be a red flag as well. but they were ALL for me and I loved every second of it.

The whole fact is...do what you want but be ready to deal with the consequences. I find it hard to believe that you'd get kicked off the ship over pop but they could revoke your drink package and you'd lose some money.

I was talking about the liquor packages which can total a lot more money and would be taken very seriously. I am not judging anyone who steals, I just call them what they are.

As far as you drinking a LOT of diet soda, maybe you should read the ingredients on the can. Those drinks are full of carcinogens.

ROFL seriously?? You think they will kick you off or put you in a cell for sharing the drink package, nice try but no...

wanna bet? if you get abusive or cause a stink when you are cut off or called on the carpet damn skippy they WILL kick you off, confine you to your cabin or lock you in the brig.

the rules are very clear that sharing is not permitted. yes even handing ONE drink is abuse of the system and you may think it's no big deal but if everyone does it that's a whole lotta free booze given away.

I was talking about the liquor packages which can total a lot more money and would be taken very seriously. I am not judging anyone who steals, I just call them what they are.

As far as you drinking a LOT of diet soda, maybe you should read the ingredients on the can. Those drinks are full of carcinogens.

Wow, first a busybody lecturing others on thievery, now a busybody lecturing others on what they eat/drink too! :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Surely, she is an adult and knows that already. You can drink too much of anything and it would be deemed bad/unhealthy after a certain amount.

I was talking about the liquor packages which can total a lot more money and would be taken very seriously.

What's the difference what package it is? They are designed to be used by the purchaser exactly the same way. If you feel one way about use of one package that feeling should apply to all, no?

Wow, first a busybody lecturing others on thievery, now a busybody lecturing others on what they eat/drink too! :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

While I think that the comment about overindulging on diet soda was gratuitous and unnecessary, I think you are out of line in calling her a busybody. She is 100% accurate in stating that those who share beverage packages are thieves and cheaters. Having ethics and a moral backbone does not make a person a busybody. Voicing an opinion on a public forum ,likewise, does not make one a busybody. Just like advocating the theft of goods and services from a ship does not automatically make a person a low life trailer park trash.

If you can't make your point without name calling and character attacks, perhaps you should simply refrain from replying.

wanna bet? if you get abusive or cause a stink when you are cut off or called on the carpet damn skippy they WILL kick you off, confine you to your cabin or lock you in the brig.

the rules are very clear that sharing is not permitted. yes even handing ONE drink is abuse of the system and you may think it's no big deal but if everyone does it that's a whole lotta free booze given away.

yup, 6 cruises under my belt. Bottle of wine in one hand a full glass in the other, wasted!!! Never a prob.

Edited by jp30338

We, typically, end up with a bar tab of around $1K for a 7 day cruise. This package makes very much sense for us and I appreciate having it. It doesn't take that much, during the course of a day, to start getting expensive. 3 beers and 3 drinks at the pool during the afternoon; 2 before dinner drinks; 1 1/2 bottles of wine at dinner; and 6 drinks at a show, or whatever the entertainment is, and you are easily over $100 a day. I drink very little at home but like to indulge a little when I'm on vacation, especially a cruise where I don't have to drive.

I do have to agree with JillLovesTravel about the reality that trying to cheat the system is stealing. Since when is it ok to support this type of activity as opposed to being honest?:confused: Just my view.

Not everyone in the stateroom has to buy it anymore - only one person can buy it. But it still is not intended to be shared. You also don't have to purchase it for the entire week - just but the 3rd day on a 7 night cruise as you have to have purchase it for at least 4 days. The price is prorated for the total number of days purchased.

Is it possible to pick and choose which days you buy if for. Like choose 4 days that include mostly sea days. It just seems to be a waste to buy it for days when you are off the ship most of the daytime. No way even my hubby could break even on the daily cost, if just drinking during the evening.