Can one see available cabins on line?

DrJW

Does Oceania have a web page where one can make a reservation but first see on line what available cabins are available in specific categories? Many other criuise lines offer this..does Oceania? If so, what is thel link please?

Another question, if one books with a deposit for a specific cruise and receives a confirmation of the reservation with the stated cost at the time of booking..what happens if the fares get reduced at a later time or additionan new perks are offered by Oceania. Are those passsengers who are 'booked' notified of the lowered fares..if not then is it up to the passenger to keep on checking on the fare costs and then contact Oceania directly asking for a credit on the lowered fare?

Thank you for your vaued input!

On the Oceania website once you find a cruise you want click on BOOK beside the Cabin Cat you want

Then just follow the prompts ...sign in etc...

You can see I think up to 7 cabins in the Cat if that many are available

You can change Cat or you can just put in a a specific cabin number that you might want

You could always call Oceania or use a TA to find out if the cabin you want is available

Check the deck plans online or in the brochure

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/default.aspx

I have not really notice the prices going down on O

as for new perks being added you can always ask for them

My TA looks after all that

Edited by LHT28

Does Oceania have a web page where one can make a reservation but first see on line what available cabins are available in specific categories? Many other criuise lines offer this..does Oceania? If so, what is thel link please?

Another question, if one books with a deposit for a specific cruise and receives a confirmation of the reservation with the stated cost at the time of booking..what happens if the fares get reduced at a later time or additionan new perks are offered by Oceania. Are those passsengers who are 'booked' notified of the lowered fares..if not then is it up to the passenger to keep on checking on the fare costs and then contact Oceania directly asking for a credit on the lowered fare?

Thank you for your vaued input!

Whether you can book on line and therefore see cabin availability is dependant on the area you are in the World. Here in Australia it defaults to an Oceania Australian site and you cannot book on line and therefore cannot see cabin availability. The only way is to get in touch with a travel agent.

You have to be able to access the US site ( maybe others, I do not know ) to find out about cabin availability.

There are a few Commercial Web Sites which offer such capabilities on a limited basis, but the ground rules of this Forum do not permit the posting of Sales related links.

On the North American Oceania Site, http://www.oceaniacruises.com it is possible to determine available cabins, but the process is quite laborious, requiring the setting up of a dummy cruise booking.

If one books with a deposit for a specific cruise and receives a confirmation of the reservation with the stated cost at the time of booking..what happens if the fares get reduced at a later time or additionan new perks are offered by Oceania. Are those passsengers who are 'booked' notified of the lowered fares..if not then is it up to the passenger to keep on checking on the fare costs and then contact Oceania directly asking for a credit on the lowered fare?

Price reductions after the fact (which are exceedingly rare), are generally granted to all, automatically.

Additional amenity offerings (which are more of a Sales tool, and therefore less rare) are usually applicable only to bookings made AFTER the date of the that Offer.

I have not seen price reductions on our Oceania cruises.

However, our experience has been that our TA has been able to obtain any and all the additional amenities offered after our cruise booking but before our final payment. We were not notified specifically regarding any additional amenities offered on our cruises, but rather saw them as new sales brochures were sent to our home.

I think the North American market is different in that its probably rare to see price reductions half way through a marketing season. ( Plus USA clients would probably sue them!!) But in Oz it does happen and I speak from experience. After telling TA I will cancel and then rebook and still save heaps they informed me the "wholesaler" which I assume is O in Oz, agreed to the newly advertised price but I still had to pay AUD$130 pp to do it.

After 4 previous sailings with O this exercise makes me pretty mad and I would have to think twice before booking O through Oz again or for that matter sailing with them again. Previous sailing I have always dealt direct with O in the States but over the last few years their web site weans you off going direct.

SANNE is correct in saying their web site defaults to Oz, but at the top right hand you can change it to any other country. I have a look at the USA web site on a regular basis to check up on the possibility of any other

changes that we don't get.

As to picking or seeing what cabins are available appears to be "blocked out" on cruises within the next 180days so O can do their "wait List" exercise.

Cheers from West Oz

Whether you can book on line and therefore see cabin availability is dependant on the area you are in the World. Here in Australia it defaults to an Oceania Australian site and you cannot book on line and therefore cannot see cabin availability. The only way is to get in touch with a travel agent.

You have to be able to access the US site ( maybe others, I do not know ) to find out about cabin availability.

Same in the UK.

On the Regent website a person can "pretend" to book a cruise (putting in names, etc.). It gets to a page where you are selecting the category of suite (or stateroom) that you are interested in. When we click on the category, it gives us some (not all) of the suite numbers that are available. We can also search for specific suites and learn if it is booked or not. While not 100% accurate, it gives us good idea of availability. Has anyone tried this on the Oceania website?

On the Regent website a person can "pretend" to book a cruise (putting in names, etc.). It gets to a page where you are selecting the category of suite (or stateroom) that you are interested in. When we click on the category, it gives us some (not all) of the suite numbers that are available. We can also search for specific suites and learn if it is booked or not. While not 100% accurate, it gives us good idea of availability. Has anyone tried this on the Oceania website?

yes it works the same way. You get some not all available choices.

Yes, when booking on line, under stateroom selection, you are given a short list of available cabin numbers, plus you can look at the deck plans and insert cabin numbers for the category you selected, one at a time until the system states you found an open cabin. For example, I wanted Port side, and entered cabin numbers for my category until one was accepted by the system.

Already addressed, please see paragraph 2 of post 4. :D

Obviously I didn't notice that sentence. Just went onto the website and checked our November cruise -- it didn't take long at all (as long as you already have an account on Oceania -- otherwise it is laborious). I use this feature a lot when a cruise gets closer -- it gives me an idea of how full the ship is.

I use this feature a lot when a cruise gets closer -- it gives me an idea of how full the ship is.

I used to do that too, but just when the occupancy information would be really juicy (I want to say 18 days out, but it is definitely between three and two weeks before sailing, anyway.) all of the online availability information disappears, and is replaced with the infamous "call us for a quote".

Oddly, I always lose access to the "Manage your Cruise" pages of my Oceania account for the voyage in question, at that same time.

Print that information out, people, don't assume that you will always be able to access it Online, or ever from the ship!

I used to do that too, but just when the occupancy information would be really juicy (I want to say 18 days out, but it is definitely between three and two weeks before sailing, anyway.) all of the online availability information disappears, and is replaced with the infamous "call us for a quote".

Oddly, I always lose access to the "Manage your Cruise" pages of my Oceania account for the voyage in question, at that same time.

Print that information out, people, don't assume that you will always be able to access it Online, or ever from the ship!

As usual great information, thanks.