Likelihood of a price drop...??

I was checking the site and noticed that the family oceanview is available again... it's about $600-$800 more than what we would like to spend (or from what our current cost is now for regular OV), but the hubby approved it if it drops to $400 above what we have already paid. we are traveling with 2 little kids and the extra 100+ sq ft would probably be pretty helpful!

so, what is the likelihood that the price will drop again in the next couple of weeks before we sail?

Ok, well we were in a similar predicament. We really wanted to book the FO as well, but with 5 of us, the larger closet, extra square footage, and the bathtub were major factors. We couldnt swing the $800 over what we're paying, so we booked an FP instead. It still has a view--just not of the ocean. We don't spend enough time in our cabin to justify that kind if price difference. I hope we get upgraded to an FO, as there are only 4 FP cabins, so it is a possibility, but we'll be fine with whatever cabin we get!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

We booked 2 connecting double oceanview staterooms for about the same price as 1 quadruple oceanview. Definitely cheaper than the Family Oceanview, and twice the space, two bathrooms and a bit more privacy.

Oh, and yesterday the prices dropped. $200 per cabin so grand total of $400! :D

Have you thought about doing two connecting cabins?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just watch and see and check your roll calls. I got my first EVER price drop for my next cruise on the oasis it was $318 for my ocean view D7 Balconey. It just happeend two days ago, Its an exciting time when that happends.

Edited by trev71

Ignore those who say "just forget it, it will never happen." It may and it may not. You've been given good advice - keep checking, OFTEN - you may not be the only one interested. Also, the suggestion of considering 2 adjoining cabins instead is a good idea too.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

We are booked in a very nice hump balcony for our March 30 cruise, but earlier this week the JS went down so much that it is only slightly more than what we paid. I contacted TA and they said that applied to new bookings only. I can understand after final that you can't downgrade or get credit if your category goes down, but I want to give them more money...I thought this was odd.

Has anyone else had this happen??

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We are booked in a very nice hump balcony for our March 30 cruise, but earlier this week the JS went down so much that it is only slightly more than what we paid. I contacted TA and they said that applied to new bookings only. I can understand after final that you can't downgrade or get credit if your category goes down, but I want to give them more money...I thought this was odd.

Has anyone else had this happen??

There was a C and A sale earlier this week. If the price is still there today I would try again. I think the sale may have run all week this time. I would still try and if the price is still there tomorrow I would try again

There was a C and A sale earlier this week. If the price is still there today I would try again. I think the sale may have run all week this time. I would still try and if the price is still there tomorrow I would try again

I wish the RCCL website would come back up...called the TA two days in a row and got same answer...thanks for the advice!

We booked 2 connecting double oceanview staterooms for about the same price as 1 quadruple oceanview. Definitely cheaper than the Family Oceanview, and twice the space, two bathrooms and a bit more privacy.

Oh, and yesterday the prices dropped. $200 per cabin so grand total of $400! :D

Have you thought about doing two connecting cabins?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I haven't thought about booking connecting rooms... i guess my husband and i could each be an adult with one of the kids listed on each room.

As I was typing this i went and did a mock booking and it looks like it would be about $600 cheaper to do connecting promenade staterooms.... how in the world??? I did a courtesy hold. However, we have my time dining, so we have already prepaid gratuities; how would that work with this now or would it change at all?

I wish the RCCL website would come back up...called the TA two days in a row and got same answer...thanks for the advice!

Did you try clearing your cookies or use another browser? That worked for me. I was having problems as well Good luck

I haven't thought about booking connecting rooms... i guess my husband and i could each be an adult with one of the kids listed on each room.

As I was typing this i went and did a mock booking and it looks like it would be about $600 cheaper to do connecting promenade staterooms.... how in the world??? I did a courtesy hold. However, we have my time dining, so we have already prepaid gratuities; how would that work with this now or would it change at all?

Our upcoming Freedom sailing had a price drop. We moved from a D3 (DW & I) and an interior (3 kids) to two connecting D1's and paid an extra $150 TOTAL. I saw the price drop, emailed my TA and they took care of everything. We kept the same reservation numbers, so everything we've booked stays with us.

I suggest contacting your TA (or RCI if you booked directly with them) and let them know what you'd like.

I booked one adult in each cabin online, but later on I found out that I could've booked the adults in one cabin and the kids in the other since they would be in an adjoining cabin.

When is your sailing? If outside of final payment, you should be able to make changes to your reservation without any issues or penalties.

When is your sailing? If outside of final payment, you should be able to make changes to your reservation without any issues or penalties.

I'm thinking they're way beyond the final payment date... ;)

so, what is the likelihood that the price will drop again in the next couple of weeks before we sail?

I'm thinking they're way beyond the final payment date... ;)

Ah, missed the "in the next couple of weeks" part. :o

I'm just gessing that it may be hard for them to switch to PR staterooms since it would be a "downgrade" inside final payment, but equal category or higher might still be doable. I guess the OP should give Royal a call and see what their options are at this point. .

Edited by Tapi