When do you start packing?

Esilef

I will start organizing things about three weeks before we leave. I have everything in our spare bedroom. About 3-4 days before leaving I start packing. My husband will gather his clothes the night before and actually put them in a suitcase the day we leave. Drives me nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by goldgirl2

Me: When is our flight?

Partner: We need to leave at 9am.

Me: I'll start packing at 850am.

Okay so that is a touch of an exeration, however I have been known to wait until the night before we leave before I pull the bags out of the garage. In my defense, I have a very detailed packing list. It is also easier for me to pack because we are laid back guys, versus a hubby and wife. I have also packed for a week long vacation (5 cruise days) in 2 carry on sized bags.

depending on the trip, I will make a list a couple of months before, and then when time to pack comes, or more important time to leave I then forget something on the list and do a mad rush as I go out the door

best I have done is ready 5 hours before leaving

worst is having the car wait while I finish

oh well

am a bit better this time as doing my ironing tonight

Greg:)

About a month before I gather all the stuff and have a look, if I need something new, then I've got good time to buy the things I've need.

Usually 2 weeks before departure I pre-pack my baggage to look if everything fits (and if not what stuff I don't really need and I'll have to leave behind)

This year (as I will have laundry) I will defintily pack the day before departure, but usually I pack a week in advance (just to open the whole stuff a day before to reshuffle everything, because there is always something I have forgotten to pack)

I'm gonna be on the other side of the spectrum. When I return from a cruise, I refill all my little containers for my bag. Toiletries are always ready to go. If I'm on a spring cruise, my shorts go into the suitcase when my winter clothes come out. So I'm already pretty much packed for my May cruise right now. Of course, several weeks before we're ready to go I will go through my list to make sure nothing is left out.

I've collected travel everything ... mini curling iron, travel cords, extra chargers. They all stay packed and ready to go. AND to answer your question ... YES, I AM OCD

Within a week after we return from a cruise I start to replace what we used on the cruise (toiletries) or buy something we realized we could use on our next cruise. Put it in the corner of the guest bedroom on top of the suitcase that usually goes on our cruises. This happens whether we have a date already for our next cruise or not....we know that there will be a NEXT one.

Two -three weeks before, we start to layout the clothes; we live in S. Florida, and most of our cruises are warm weather ones, so we don't have an issue with winter/summer clothing. I realize when we do our Alaska trip, we may have some extra shopping to do.

Night before....it all goes into the suitcase for the 10am drive to the cruise ship for boarding early!!!!! So far the process as been the same for the cruise we needed to fly to....we just headed earlier to the airport to catch our flight....flew on the same day as cruise, even though people told us we were taking a risk. No problem -- on board around noon -- and VACATIONING!!

We cruise in July.

Mentally I already started packing...

I have a 'travel bag' that I toss things into months before a planned trip. Also have a running list that I revise as the trip approaches. Actually packing begins about a week ahead… I tend to try on everything to make sure things still fit!!