It appears that NCL will be running a huge promotion

jackjia199637

Does anyone have an estimate as to the number of suite passengers who will be eligible for this promotion.

Are those "pay to dine" restaurants going to be swamped with reservations every night.

Still trying to figure this out - "free" tends to be quite a popular option.

They definitely will be busier than normal, but I don't know if "swamped" will be correct. You still have to remember not everyone will be eligible for it, we aren't for our June cruise, and only a very small percentage of cruisers actually read cruise critic or similar forums and would even be aware of it. They're only offering the promotion for 12 days. I can't imagine more than 10% of the ship having it, and that's probably still very high. Yes, 400 more people per night will make a big difference, but it's not 4000 people per night like some people are saying!

Well if your worried about the dining rooms being full with the Freesome Promo

NCL just announced KIDS SAIL FREE Promo :rolleyes:

I was tempted to book Getaway for May because of the Freesome Promo.

I am now untempted.

I was tempted to book Getaway for May because of the Freesome Promo.

I am now untempted.

May 24th and May 31st has the Freesome Promo but NOT the kids promo!

I just looked as I'm booked on the Getaway for May 31st.

Harriet

May 24th and May 31st has the Freesome Promo but NOT the kids promo!

I just looked as I'm booked on the Getaway for May 31st.

Harriet

Hi, Harriet,

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like the prices for those dates are slightly higher.....however May 25 is my birthday.;)

Hi, Harriet,

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like the prices for those dates are slightly higher.....however May 25 is my birthday.;)

Not by much at all....and it is your birthday....

and depending on what room you book you'll get one or both of the Freesome deal(s)!

Harriet

I don't really think there is any specific problem with these ships. I was on the Breakaway last June to Bermuda and had no problems and a wonderful time!

What I do think is that these two ships are geared more towards the younger crowd and kids. When kids are in school cruising becomes a problem as most parents won't take their kids out of school for that long. In addition, although I'm going on the Getaway in May I HATE the itinerary. St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau. Unless this is one's first cruise.....who hasn't already been to these Islands more than once already?!

Harriet

That's a possible reason, though for me the ship itself is the destination and why I sail itineraries more than once. I just like the sailing experience, being out at sea and exploring a new ship. Sometimes I don't even get off the ship at port.

:)