It appears that NCL will be running a huge promotion

jackjia199637

Ok so we booked a spa suite in the haven a week and a half ago and then last week the prices dropped 200.00 pp. so I got a 100.00 obc and now I'm wondering since some of you already called do you think I could get them to give me the new promo? Tia Holly

I called NCL and the suite portion of the Freesome Promotion is only for Haven suites, mini suites are not included in the UDP and UBP.

Just in case anyone else had the same idea I had!

Happy Sailing!

Mini suites are not in the Haven....and I've never seen a 'Haven mini suite'.

Harriet

Ok so we booked a spa suite in the haven a week and a half ago and then last week the prices dropped 200.00 pp. so I got a 100.00 obc and now I'm wondering since some of you already called do you think I could get them to give me the new promo? Tia Holly

You may have to cancel your existing reservation and rebook. Call and ask. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Super sweet deal. Hopefully this will happen more often in their dash sales. [ATTACH]303498[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I cant read the flyer on my phone but I am calling my TA on Thursday and seeing how much of a price difference it may be if we cancel and reschedule for our August Breakaway cruise.

We will be 6 in an S4, 3 of us will be over 21. We planned on all getting both the UBP as well as the UDP (we had last summer and worked great for us). I do have $425 OBC but if I loose that it will still be okay since both packages for the six of us more than will make up for it.

Right now my cruise has only gone up less than $80 so we will see.

Lets all report back if we call our TAs or NCL.

Edited by js

Thank you. I cant read the flyer on my phone but I am calling my TA on Thursday and seeing how much of a price difference it may be if we cancel and reschedule for our August Breakaway cruise.

We will be 6 in an S4, 3 of us will be over 21. We planned on all getting both the UBP as well as the UDP (we had last summer and worked great for us). I do have $425 OBC but if I loose that it will still be okay since both packages for the six of us more than will make up for it.

Right now my cruise has only gone up less than $80 so we will see.

Lets all report back if we call our TAs or NCL.

I think the UDP and UBP are only for the 1st and 2nd passengers in the cabin.

Huh? I was simply letting everyone know that mini suites were not included in the Freesome promotion. Only Haven suites.

There are no 'suites' in the Breakaway or Getaway.

There are only 'mini suites' and Haven Suites.

Whenever NCL talks about 'suites' they never mean 'mini suites'.

The promotion is for Balcony and suites. I know many get confused with the mini suites but mini suites are just glorified balconies.

Harriet

There are no 'suites' in the Breakaway or Getaway.

There are only 'mini suites' and Haven Suites.

Whenever NCL talks about 'suites' they never mean 'mini suites'.

The promotion is for Balcony and suites. I know many get confused with the mini suites but mini suites are just glorified balconies.

Harriet

I'm pretty sure the poster you are trying to correct understands that. I think he/she was just trying to do the exact same thing you were - clarify because "many get confused" as you said.

Signature Trio was discontinued when the UDP was launched, some TAs still offer it as a perk but it is not available for purchase anymore directly from NCL.

Aww, that's a shame, we really enjoyed the specialty trio. It gave us 3 of the best restaurants on board, along with the Manhattan Room and Taste/Savor for the week. I would not pay twice the price for UDP when you already have Taste/Savor and The Manhattan Room, which are great on their own (doesn't feel like a stuffy MDR).

Aww, that's a shame, we really enjoyed the specialty trio. It gave us 3 of the best restaurants on board, along with the Manhattan Room and Taste/Savor for the week. I would not pay twice the price for UDP when you already have Taste/Savor and The Manhattan Room, which are great on their own (doesn't feel like a stuffy MDR).

You can still pay for the specialty restaurants individually if you'd like, so you can still choose just 2,3,4 or whatever without needing UDP.

Okay, now I'm confused:

"Travelers who book a balcony stateroom or above get a free 'Ultimate Dining Package,' valued at $119 for seven-day cruises. This covers specialty restaurants including Cagney’s steak house, the French bistro, Italian restaurant, Brazilian-style steak house Moderno Churrascaria and Asian-fusion restaurant, at a special rate. The package includes 20% off dining at the Illusionarium and Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian."

So, according to this Mini Suites should be included. :confused:

It then goes on to talk about travelers who book a Haven Suite.

Harriet

I called NCL and the suite portion of the Freesome Promotion is only for Haven suites, mini suites are not included in the UDP and UBP.

Just in case anyone else had the same idea I had!

Happy Sailing!

Okay, I *think* I understand this now.

Balcony and above all get UDP

Only Haven Suites get the UBP in addition to the UDP

Harriet

Okay, now I'm confused:

"Travelers who book a balcony stateroom or above get a free 'Ultimate Dining Package,' valued at $119 for seven-day cruises. This covers specialty restaurants including Cagney’s steak house, the French bistro, Italian restaurant, Brazilian-style steak house Moderno Churrascaria and Asian-fusion restaurant, at a special rate. The package includes 20% off dining at the Illusionarium and Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian."

Harriet

Balconies and above get UDP. Suite also get UBP.

Okay, now I'm confused:

Harriet

This promotion applies to all new bookings booked between Feb 27 - March 10 for sailings during the 2nd and 3rd Quarter of 2014 on the Breakaway and Getaway only.

Balconies AND Mini Suites AND all Haven suites on the Breakaway and Getaway during the 2nd and 3rd Quarter of 2014 are eligible for the Ultimate Dining Package. This applies to the first two passengers only.

Haven suites on the Breakaway and Getaway during the 2nd and 3rd Quarter of 2014 are also eligible for the Ultimate Beverage Package which applies to all in the suite. (Those under 21 get the soda package)

Edited by peg013

Does it list somewhere it's only good for 1st and 2nd passengers?

We are 6 in an S4, 3 of whom are over 21.

We all planned on getting the UBP and UDP (had the UBP last year and worked great).

I have $350 OBC so this may still be worth it if my cruise price doesn't go up.

Even for 1st/2nd the UDP will be $238 and that leaves $112 left if I gave up my OBC.

So the UBP for two will be more than that so it would work for us.

With taxes, does anyone know off hand what the UBP cost is for 7 day cruise?

I think I will call my big box TA tomorrow.

We all planned on getting the UBP and UDP (had the UBP last year and worked great).

Even for 1st/2nd the UDP will be $238 and that leaves $112 left if I gave up my OBC.

Over $49 per person per day, and that also does not include the tips cost.

Add on the $119 per person for UDP, its definitely worth it in my opnion.

Post #45 has a quote from the actual promotion stating it only applies to 1st and 2nd passenger in cabin.

Sounds like a great deal in theory. However I personally would steer clear of sailing BA or GA in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. With all those 'free' UDP the specialty restaurants could be packed. If I want elbow to elbow, slow and chaotic service I can eat in the MDR for no extra charge.

This could be true unless you're staying in a Haven Suite. Its my understanding that you can eat in The Haven Restaurant and order from any specialty restaurant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app