It appears that NCL will be running a huge promotion

jackjia199637

Any guess why there's a problem filling these ships?

I don't really think there is any specific problem with these ships. I was on the Breakaway last June to Bermuda and had no problems and a wonderful time!

What I do think is that these two ships are geared more towards the younger crowd and kids. When kids are in school cruising becomes a problem as most parents won't take their kids out of school for that long. In addition, although I'm going on the Getaway in May I HATE the itinerary. St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau. Unless this is one's first cruise.....who hasn't already been to these Islands more than once already?!

Harriet

Thanks, Piddywife and Harriet,

I don't smoke, but I don't get all excited if I smell *some* either.

The "too many kids" would be a concern. We try to pick our dates, but even then something could happen. We were on a Carnival cruise that left Dec. 16 and came back the 23rd. We thought the kiddies would still be in school and if they were to cruise around Christmas it would be the following week. Were we ever wrong! There were 1200 kids on that cruise. Soooo bad.

If we ever booked a Haven suite and couldn't use it because of too many kids, we'd be very unhappy.

We're looking at May. Kids still in school. (Although didn't I think that about December too?):o

Edited by mafig

Having sail with Cunard to Platinum World Club status, we are now tired of the stress of having to fly to Southampton to sail. NYC is the ideal departure port since we live in New Jersey. We booked our first NCL cruise in an Aft Balcony stateroom on the Breakaway for the 4/27/14 sailing. NCL was extremely accomodating, and allowing us to rebook (after final payment) to a Haven S9 Spa Balcony stateroom to take advantage of the promotion. Since we would have purchased both the UDP and the UBP, the additional cost is $400.00 for the luxury of The Haven. We are extremely happy with the promotion!

I had an M6 mini suite booked on the BA in June with a $300 onboard credit.

Yesterday I rebooked with a new travel agency and got the same M6 for $400 less, got the free UDP, the useless coupon book and $200 in cruise cash.

This was a BIG savings for us as we LOVE the specialty restaurants and would have been in them each evening- not to mention our cabin went down $400!

I had an M6 mini suite booked on the BA in June with a $300 onboard credit.

Yesterday I rebooked with a new travel agency and got the same M6 for $400 less, got the free UDP, the useless coupon book and $200 in cruise cash.

This was a BIG savings for us as we LOVE the specialty restaurants and would have been in them each evening- not to mention our cabin went down $400!

Would love to know who

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're in a Haven S5 on the Breakaway in June, it's before final payment but within 120 days, and my wife called today and we couldn't get the UDP/UBP without losing our 25% deposit. We didn't do it. Our cabin price also went down $300, and we were hoping we could use that as a bargaining chip, but it didn't work. They said if it was before the 120 days they would've credited the $300 AND given us the two plans. :( They just gave us $80 OBC for the room difference (which should have been just $60 by their policy.)

This promotion actually persuaded me NOT to book the cruise I had specifically picked out (Getaway on May 3rd Eastern Caribbean, Haven Suite) - because the free upgraded dining is going to result in chaos in the small restaurants.

I'd rather pay that have to fight through the masses to get a table in an overcrowded restaurant.

I don't think NCL thought this through, plus the suite prices look slightly higher than normal, so you're paying for it anyway.

This promotion actually persuaded me NOT to book the cruise I had specifically picked out (Getaway on May 3rd Eastern Caribbean, Haven Suite) - because the free upgraded dining is going to result in chaos in the small restaurants.

I'd rather pay that have to fight through the masses to get a table in an overcrowded restaurant.

I don't think NCL thought this through, plus the suite prices look slightly higher than normal, so you're paying for it anyway.

That's funny. I understand what you are saying, and since we are already booked, I'm looking forward to it. We had only planned on 2 specialty restaurants, and now I'm thinking the MDRs/O'Sheehan's/buffett will be less crowded so we can eat faster and go about our business.

So I have a mini suite m2 and can only get the dining not dining and drink package. That doesn't seem right.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Mini Suite is not a suite.. its a deluxe balcony with a larger bed... thats it.

So I have a mini suite m2 and can only get the dining not dining and drink package. That doesn't seem right.

Balconies get only dining package, and on these 2 ships, mini suites are really just overpriced balcony cabins. Edited by LrgPizza

Balconies get only dining package, and on these 2 ships, mini suites are really just overpriced balcony cabins.

Completely disagree.

Compare a M6 stateroom with ANY balcony stateroom's balcony AND bathroom & tell me you still feel that way...

Completely disagree.

Compare a M6 stateroom with ANY balcony stateroom's balcony AND bathroom & tell me you still feel that way...

Based on all the posts here, pictures, floorplans, etc... I still feel this way. AND I was offered an upgrade to a mini-suite for free and turned it down because our location was better. Any other questions? Different opinions are okay.

That's funny. I understand what you are saying, and since we are already booked, I'm looking forward to it. We had only planned on 2 specialty restaurants, and now I'm thinking the MDRs/O'Sheehan's/buffett will be less crowded so we can eat faster and go about our business.

I totally agree! :)

Balconies get only dining package, and on these 2 ships, mini suites are really just overpriced balcony cabins.

Overpriced balcony cabins with a larger bathroom...to be exact!!

Im super happy with mine. Right over the outdoor grammy experience. I get to hear lovely music in the evenings and twirl around in the shower!!!

Based on all the posts here, pictures, floorplans, etc... I still feel this way. AND I was offered an upgrade to a mini-suite for free and turned it down because our location was better. Any other questions? Different opinions are okay.

Location? It's the same ship. Just gotta walk. Which I don't mind.

You absolutely can have your opinion just like I have mine. If you compare balcony size and bathroom, especially the shower, it's definitely worth it to me. And the M6 on deck 8 is one of the best locations on the ship per many previous cruisers. Close to all the restaurants & bars- perfect for getting drinks & bringing them back to some of the largest balconies on the ship, in my opinion, of course.

You absolutely can have your opinion just like I have mine. If you compare balcony size and bathroom, especially the shower, it's definitely worth it to me. And the M6 on deck 8 is one of the best locations on the ship per many previous cruisers. Close to all the restaurants & bars- perfect for getting drinks & bringing them back to some of the largest balconies on the ship, in my opinion, of course.

You would never convince me to take any mini including the M6 over a B1. You cannot beat the aft facing huge balconies with PRIVACY which the M6's certainly don't have. I'll "suffer" with it's bathroom. :rolleyes:

You would never convince me to take any mini including the M6 over a B1. You cannot beat the aft facing huge balconies with PRIVACY which the M6's certainly don't have. I'll "suffer" with it's bathroom. :rolleyes:

It all comes down to preferences. I don't feel aft balconies are worth the added price. I like the option of the M6 balcony to either be in the shade with privacy or out in the sun. I don't use the balcony in any way were needing complete privacy is necessary to me & I like to have the sun. I also feel of in spending additional money I want a lager bathroom with the standard size shower with the extra jets. I also don't want to be dependent on elevators so being on deck 8 is perfect for me. Most importantly I do not like the vibrations & extra motion felt being aft. I don't fault you for feeling the way you do & I don't really understand why you're being so touchy when I share my point of view. There's no right or wrong answer when speaking about opinions. To each his own-wasn't try to start a debate.

Does anyone have an estimate as to the number of suite passengers who will be eligible for this promotion.

Are those "pay to dine" restaurants going to be swamped with reservations every night.

Still trying to figure this out - "free" tends to be quite a popular option.

It is hard to estimate how many. However, it sounds like a great deal if you like to eat at specialty restaurants and drink. I think that based on this new promotion it is going to be more difficult to get reservations at specialty restaurants. Also, I wonder how having a full restaurant every night is going to affect the quality of the food in specialty restaurants.