It appears that NCL will be running a huge promotion

jackjia199637

This offer appears too good to be true considering that you can get a Spa Suite on Getaway this summer for $1699 pp. While thinking about why NCL might be running this promotion, I came up with the following 4 scenarios.

1) NCL will increase the price of the balconies and above to cover the cost of the UDP/UBP.

2) NCL is having a hard time selling the breakaway and Getaway.

3) NCL wants to get people excited about the "suite life" considering that Escape and Bliss have double the number of suites as the breakaway class ships.

4) The real cost of the UBP/UDP to NCL is minimal and they are willing to offer those incentives for free.

Which one do you think is correct?

This offer appears too good to be true considering that you can get a Spa Suite on Getaway this summer for $1699 pp. While thinking about why NCL might be running this promotion, I came up with the following 4 scenarios.

1) NCL will increase the price of the balconies and above to cover the cost of the UDP/UBP.

2) NCL is having a hard time selling the breakaway and Getaway.

3) NCL wants to get people excited about the "suite life" considering that Escape and Bliss have double the number of suites as the breakaway class ships.

4) The real cost of the UBP/UDP to NCL is minimal and they are willing to offer those incentives for free.

Which one do you think is correct?

All of the above!

For our BA cruise in mid-June, our S5 cabin we booked three weeks ago went down $300 last week, but we didn't call for potential upgrade/OBC yet because we wanted to see how things shook out (another few hundred we'd consider the S6 or S7).

However, my wife said it went back up $200 today (so net $100 less than booking). Maybe in prep for this promotion?

(Those numbers are total for two, not pp.)

Edited by psac

Sounds like a great deal in theory. However I personally would steer clear of sailing BA or GA in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. With all those 'free' UDP the specialty restaurants could be packed. If I want elbow to elbow, slow and chaotic service I can eat in the MDR for no extra charge.

I could be wrong (and I hope not), but I don't think a 12 day promotion will completely book up those restaurants. Most people who have already booked don't monitor every new promotion or sites like CC. Only a small percentage of people will book during this time.

It certainly will make them more popular, without a doubt, but how much more will be the question.

For our BA cruise in mid-June, our S5 cabin we booked three weeks ago went down $300 last week, but we didn't call for potential upgrage/OBC yet because we wanted to see how things shook out (another few hundred we'd consider the S6 or S7).

However, my wife said it went back up $200 today (so net $100 less than booking). Maybe in prep for this promotion?

I just checked prices for the Spa suites that I was talking about and the price increased by $500 per person.

For my April cruise, all mid ship mini suites (MA and MB) are now Guarantee Stateroom (GTY) category. Till last night, there were plenty to choose from on all the decks. So looks like they are getting ready for something starting tomorrow on their website too.

For my April cruise, all mid ship mini suites (MA and MB) are now Guarantee Stateroom (GTY) category. Till last night, there were plenty to choose from on all the decks. So looks like they are getting ready for something starting tomorrow on their website too.

I canceled my free upgrade to an MB. Anything big enough for 4 pax is on deck 9 right above the waterfront (balcony view are lifeboats :eek:). I don't want to take a chance on noise or any unwelcomed surprises. I guess that is why there are so many available. No one wants to be directly above public spaces. I went back up to my B2 on deck 12...:p I figure, for nothing other than a bigger bathroom, it's not worth the potential aggrevation that could result from this upgrade and ruin my much needed vacation. :)

This promotion applies to all new bookings booked between Feb 27 - March 10 for sailings during the 2nd and 3rd Quarter of 2014 on the Breakaway and Getaway only.

"Sailings during 2nd & 3rd quarters"... Now does this mean sailings that begin in the 2nd quarter (April 1, 2014 or later)? Or would it include the March 29-April 5, 2014 sailing of the Getaway (March 30-April 6 Breakaway) that technically sail "during" the 2nd quarter?

This is something for me to really think about.

I booked this cruise more than 9 months out so I'd be getting double points....however, I'm already Platinum so I have to decide if it really matters if I cancel and rebook.

I also need to find out if I'll lose my OBC and if so, how much of it I'll lose?

I also need to find out if the price of my cabin will go up and if so, how much?

After I talk to my PCC I'll have a better idea of what I'm going to do.

Harriet

Lets all report back tomorrow. Im calling my TA when they open. Also wonder now if I have six in a cabin in my Haven and I get the UBP for free first and second passengers will the rest of my crew need to purchase. Will let you all know.

UPDATE: I went over the the the docs NCL sent out to TAs.

It appears that orignally this were meant for all sailings since march, the only reason it didnt happen was due to no UBP during march due to spring break and they pushed it back.

There is a chance however,(i think), that once this deal went live tomorrow, we can book cruises before the april and get UDP.

Booked a Haven Courtyard Penthouse last week for $ 3227 with a $ 575 OBC for Sept 6th on

The Getaway....now on NCL site it is $ 3627.....they are just marketing and moving numbers around

Still worth it consider that two UBP cost close to $1000 and two UDP cost over $240

"Sailings during 2nd & 3rd quarters"... Now does this mean sailings that begin in the 2nd quarter (April 1, 2014 or later)? Or would it include the March 29-April 5, 2014 sailing of the Getaway (March 30-April 6 Breakaway) that technically sail "during" the 2nd quarter?

Getaway 4/19/14 thru 9/27/14

Breakaway 4/20/14 - 4/27/14 and 5/4/14 thru 9/28/14

Lets all report back tomorrow. Im calling my TA when they open. Also wonder now if I have six in a cabin in my Haven and I get the UBP for free first and second passengers will the rest of my crew need to purchase. Will let you all know.

All will get UBP free (which is more valuable IMHO) ...it's the UDP that only the first two get.

The offer is good for March and April? And the UBP isn't available then because of spring break? What am I missing

You are missing a post (#65) just three posts above yours. The offer period starts in late April so spring break blackout for UBP is already over.

OK, just checked the NCL site and my cabin (Haven Spa Suite ) did NOT go up in price :eek:. The only thing I don't see is the $300 OBC.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???????!!!!Q!

GET Those packages:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edited by jackjia199637

Ok, I just called for my May 17th sailing and they said I would have to cancel and rebook it in order to get it which of course doesn't work.

Anyone have any luck with adding this with less than 90 days?

Are you past final payment?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is something for me to really think about.

I booked this cruise more than 9 months out so I'd be getting double points....however, I'm already Platinum so I have to decide if it really matters if I cancel and rebook.

I also need to find out if I'll lose my OBC and if so, how much of it I'll lose?

I also need to find out if the price of my cabin will go up and if so, how much?

After I talk to my PCC I'll have a better idea of what I'm going to do.

Harriet

Okay, I just got off the phone with NCL. For me, it does not pay to change my reservation. I'm in an Aft Mini Suite. I would lose my $270.00 OBC. I would lose my double points for booking 9 months out. The price of the Aft Mini Suite did not go up at all.

Losing all of the above for the UDP does not pay for us due to the above as well as the fact that we're both Platinum and will both get a voucher for a specialty restaurant for two. CAS also always gives me a voucher for a specialty restaurant for 2. Also, when I ask CAS will give me another specialty restaurant for 2 during the cruise. That already gives me 4 nights out of 7 in a specialty restaurant. I'm okay with my reservation as is.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Just emailed my ta about the June sailing on the getaway. He said There is a catch to everything. I would have to rebook and lose 140 of the 190 onboard credit. Also said the price went up 50 per person so I would be paying like 243 dollars more. Most of the regular restaurants in my mind are excellent and besides, you can still order more if you want something else. So why pay at a speciality. Just the Brazilian one I will pay because I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app