Secret question-dont tell my wife!

#croozerman

Okay so I upgraded the wife and I's room to a balcony for our anniversary and she doesn't know it. Valor southern carribean.

Love to surprise her!..treat the ladies fellas!

Anyway here's my question... This is only our 2nd cruise and I don't remember much about getting on the ship.i was hoping for her to think we're still in an interior room in the bottom while actually heading up to our balcony on the pamorama..BUT I DON'T WANT THE SECRET BLOWN IN LINE!...LOL

u think whoever is getting us checked will say "balcony" outloud???) ...lol

If so than maybe I will just tell my doll on the way to the airport...

I'm having hard enough time keeping this quiet as she's my best buddy anyway...

Any thoughts? Suggestions?..lol

nope, no one will mention it and it's not even printed on your S&S card. your secret should be safe. :)

Go and have fun. And if she mentions why you are going to the wrong deck, you can say you are going to check out the secret doors or something along those lines.

Enjoy your cruise, and way to go with the upgrade!!

We were just on the Valor in January and I don't recall them mentioning it either. They just took our picture, handed us our Sign & Sail cards, and off we went. It's a wonderful cruise. Here's a few tips...

St. Thomas: Magen's Bay Beach Getaway ($34.99) through Carnival. Well worth the money. Beautiful beach and very relaxing!

St. Kitts: Beach Extravaganza ($45.99) through Carnival. Beautiful drive and beach!

St. Maarten: Take a cab to Maho Beach. You won't regret it. But get there by 10:00am so you can get a good seat in the shade to watch the jets land. There are tons of cabs waiting to take people back when you're ready.

Those were my 3 favorite spots on the trip. Enjoy your balcony! :D

Past few cruises they've been writing the cabin number on the little deck map given at check in. No mention of what type of cabin it is.

Also your luggage tags will have the cabin number, not type, printed on it. Do not put them on until after your flight.

Past few cruises they've been writing the cabin number on the little deck map given at check in. No mention of what type of cabin it is.

Also your luggage tags will have the cabin number, not type, printed on it. Do not put them on until after your flight.

That's true. Your luggage tags will also have the deck on them. :eek:

My wife and I have cruised many, many times over the years, and she still can't figure out what's up, down, forward or aft on a ship. For our last cruise, I upgraded our cabin from an oceanview on deck 1 to a balcony on a higher deck. Since it was only 3-4 days before sailing, it was easy to keep it a secret. My wife had ZERO clue that we were going somewhere else on the ship until she opened the cabin door. The expression was priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Okay so I upgraded the wife and I's room to a balcony for our anniversary and she doesn't know it. Valor southern carribean.

Love to surprise her!..treat the ladies fellas!

Anyway here's my question... This is only our 2nd cruise and I don't remember much about getting on the ship.i was hoping for her to think we're still in an interior room in the bottom while actually heading up to our balcony on the pamorama..BUT I DON'T WANT THE SECRET BLOWN IN LINE!...LOL

u think whoever is getting us checked will say "balcony" outloud???) ...lol

Your secret is safe. I've never heard anyone mention the type of cabin that they are in except on CC roll calls

That is so sweet. :) I have not had any check in agent mention the room type either. If you are afraid of them giving your secret away you could always take the lead when checking in and stand in front of your wife. You could have a note written that explains your upgrade is a surprise and hand it to the agent with your documents. Maybe on a sticky note attached to your boarding pass.

I am sure she will love the balcony - Have a great cruise!

Should be okay, but even if the check in person slips it will still be quite a surprise! :) What an awesome gesture from you! (Have to be a bit jealous here, my husband wouldn't do that and doesn't even know how to get to our booking or what's involved in filling in the cruise docs...lol)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

That priceless express Is what I'm looking for!...thanks everyone!---I think I am going to just take my chances and not say anything..she won't remember cabin #'. Or deck plans anyway. Or anything (as I filled the online documents in myself without here there).

Seems like I should be able to get away with it!...If I don't crack!!!--so hard not to say anything!

She's so excited to go! ... heeheehee

First...AWWWWWWW... HAHAHA... Second, it would be SUPER easy to play that off if you can keep your cool. If they say "enjoy your balcony" (which it sounds like they won't) and wifey asks about it, just say "Must've been a mistake. We booked a room in steerage! haHA" Enjoy your cruise and Happy Anniversary!

I did a similar thing a couple cruises ago. I upgraded to a suite without telling cruisegirl. We were going down the hallway and a few suite doors were open and she said she hoped we could get one " someday". She was quite surprised when we went in the next cabin.

That priceless express Is what I'm looking for!...thanks everyone!---I think I am going to just take my chances and not say anything..she won't remember cabin #'. Or deck plans anyway. Or anything (as I filled the online documents in myself without here there).

Seems like I should be able to get away with it!...If I don't crack!!!--so hard not to say anything!

Maybe you should have a camera ready, make her take a picture by the door and number then you can have it ready to catch that expression when she opens the door. If she doesn't pay attention to deck plans and things she probably won't know which side the balconies are on or even think about it.

Your biggest problem is going to be not to giggle too much or act suspicious while going to the cabin. :D

That's what you do.. take her on a "tour" of the deck you are really on.. go past the balcony cabins with the doors open and ask her if should ever would want to spring for one. When she say "yes, I'd love to do that sometime... open your cabin door walk in and say well let's just take this one... and sit down on the bed...

If you are really lucky your cabin door may be open and she will think you are walking into someone else's cabin....

I am in the same boat, pun intended! I upgraded us from an Interior to a Balcony as well. Somehow i need to get the GoPro in the cabin to catch the priceless moments on video!

Should be okay, but even if the check in person slips it will still be quite a surprise! :) What an awesome gesture from you! (Have to be a bit jealous here, my husband wouldn't do that and doesn't even know how to get to our booking or what's involved in filling in the cruise docs...lol)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

I feel your pain! My husband is the same - usually doesn't even know what ports we're going on. I'm just happy he says we can go so I'm not going to complain - too much.

OP - here's hoping you can keep your secret! She's a lucky lady.

I am in the same boat, pun intended! I upgraded us from an Interior to a Balcony as well. Somehow i need to get the GoPro in the cabin to catch the priceless moments on video!

Maybe get a little settled on Lido then "Oh, my gosh, I HAVE to hit the bathroom!" Quickly go to the cabin to set up the camera...

Maybe get a little settled on Lido then "Oh, my gosh, I HAVE to hit the bathroom!" Quickly go to the cabin to set up the camera...

Ahhhhhh....good plan, divert her attention from me being gone for a few minutes, by sitting her by the pool with a stiff Drink! Love it! :D

To the OP, I am sure it will work out for you. We did this for our last Southern Caribbean cruise (on the Victory before the Valor and the Victory traded places) and our kids and everyone else with us thought we had OV rooms like usual but we had gotten our first Balconies. I thought when we were heading to our rooms they would wonder what is up.... luckily our rooms were on lido so we could have played it off as getting lunch. You love the cruise. It is the best itinerary. Please come back and do a review so we can find out how it turned out. Always fun to hear great stories. :D