In The News Again

janetz

That's excessive. I have a friend who was on that sailing and she said stuff was very exaggerated. It was unpleasant and uncomfortable, but no one was in danger and she said the staff went above & beyond to help everyone stay as comfortable as possible. I guess maybe there's some ground for some kind of small monetary settlement, maybe, but $5000 a year for life is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not how it works. The judge can't throw out lawsuits because they think it is ridiculous. They can be dropped by the plaintiff, settled, or trial.

Judges make rulings all the time that have the effect of throwing out lawsuits (granting a motion to dismiss with prejudice, granting a summary judgment motion, granting a motion for judgment as a matter of law at the close of evidence, etc.). Not to mention that this case is proceeding as a bench trial so the judge is the factfinder in the case.

$5000 a year for LIFE because you saw a turd on the floor? Sign me up! :mad:

OMG! I just spit up my soda!:eek: Now that's why I'm going to sue you! LOL!

That was a funny post Thebosn1!:D

The Triumph is my favorite ship to sail on. I'd sail on her tomorrow if I could. Love that ship and love that crew (well they probably aren't the same now). 5K a year is a joke but usually lawyers ask for way more than they are really expecting to get. Kinda like vendors at a flea market! LOL!

Edited by mousey

Not how it works. The judge can't throw out lawsuits because they think it is ridiculous. They can be dropped by the plaintiff, settled, or trial.

The judge could toss it if the defense made a motion to dismiss and the judge felt the evidence supported it.

OMG! I just spit up my soda!:eek: Now that's why I'm going to sue you! LOL!

That was a funny post Thebosn1!:D

The Triumph is my favorite ship to sail on. I'd sail on her tomorrow if I could. Love that ship and love that crew (well they probably aren't the same now). 5K a year is a joke but usually lawyers ask for way more than they are really expecting to get. Kinda like vendors at a flea market! LOL!

We sailed Triumph as well and it was one of the funniest cruises we have taken. We had an absolute blast! Great party ship!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

The judge could toss it if the defense made a motion to dismiss and the judge felt the evidence supported it.

Just remember that this is not the only suit against Carnival. There are numerous others including one Class Action.