Azamara Journey – March 3 Sailing - Cancelled

AzamaraJoel

Just checked my email and I have an assurance from Azamara that I will get my voucher to my home address and apologies for the mix up regarding payment. Seems I was to quick to complain, sorry:o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If any of you had already arrived in Shanghai before the cruise started on March 3---and had not bought Azamara's Choice Air for a return from Hong Kong on or after March 17, please respond to this information below. We appreciate any responses which could be helpful.

1. We used miles round trip for this vacation. We were originally scheduled to return home from Hong Kong on March 17. We could not use miles to return home from Shanghai in the immediate future; no seats available. And we were not interested in finding/creating/organizing a new trip that would get us to Hong Kong on March 17.

Instead we paid an outrageous amount of $1600 per person to depart from Shanghai to Philadelphia on March 7. Azamara rep insists we should have rescheduled our original return to the the date and place of our new return, which was obviously impossible. If we could have done this, they would have paid us up to $500 per person for the change fee. They say they will not reimburse us the $3200 air fare. We originally had first class seats for the return. Good thing we did not choose first class paid seats on this return:D Of course, we realized Az would never cover that, but did not anticipate their rejecting what was our only option.

In addition, they refuse to reimburse us for the useless travel insurance we bought through insuremytrip.com but will reimburse those who bought Berkeley insurance from them. This company has a very bad reputation, is notorious for duping/making it impossible to collect anything for a legitimate claim. Berkeley does not cover an adequate amount of money for emergency medical evacuation and medical costs for those on Medicare, which does not pay for any care outside of the United States. Websites are full of complaints about Berkeley.

I have referred our two major problems with Azamara (Royal Caribbean) to Chris Elliot, a travel ombudsman who has successfully helped us twice in the past with U.S. air.

Any other helpful ideas from any of you?

The only advice that I have is in regard to the travel insurance through insuremytrip. We were able to transfer our insurance, which was purchased thru insuremytrip (since we didn't use it) to another cruise in the future. You should try that ASAP, since I believe that they had a time limit for doing this.

The only advice that I have is in regard to the travel insurance through insuremytrip. We were able to transfer our insurance, which was purchased thru insuremytrip (since we didn't use it) to another cruise in the future. You should try that ASAP, since I believe that they had a time limit for doing this.

I had read what you did awhile ago and we did call a rep from insuremytrip and we called Trav Con travel assist, the writers of the policy. It wasn't possible because we had traveled already.

Azamara/Royal Caribbean bean counters are being unreasonable. I had this problem 2x with U.S. Air and won--with the help of having the e mail addresses of their top executives. The process took a few months, but I did get satisfactory redress. I am awaiting R.C excutive contact info from the Chris Elliot organization. I also filed a complaint against Azamara with them and provided all supporting documentation. They will also work on the problem at their end. The object is to by pass the bean counters.

I am curious if anyone else out there is in the same situation.

Just wondering, I have yet to file everything as I am still not back from my business trip (China is horrendous just now with the smog, it's at hazardous to health level).

We had in part used frequent flyer miles and as we had to cancel less than 24 hours before the trip, we lost the miles. We can purchase replacement miles, has anyone done this and had reimbursement from Azamara?

Just wondering, I have yet to file everything as I am still not back from my business trip (China is horrendous just now with the smog, it's at hazardous to health level).

We had in part used frequent flyer miles and as we had to cancel less than 24 hours before the trip, we lost the miles. We can purchase replacement miles, has anyone done this and had reimbursement from Azamara?

HI,

I believe you don't lose the miles. Instead one pays a redeposit fee. Azamara will cover this up to $500 per person. That is my experience. We did not even need to make this claim because we were not charged this fee only because the airline had made a time schedule change of an hour. The rule is you can then cancel with no fee.

Just checked my email and I have an assurance from Azamara that I will get my voucher to my home address and apologies for the mix up regarding payment. Seems I was to quick to complain, sorry:o

Have you had anything from Azamara UK - letter on what to do re additional costs or your proof of a future cruise certificate? I finally got back to the UK late night and was surprised to have absolutely no mail from them(I was a direct booker). I have the original cancellation emails that is all

Edited by uktog

Have you had anything from Azamara UK - letter on what to do re additional costs or your proof of a future cruise certificate? I finally got back to the UK late night and was surprised to have absolutely no mail from them(I was a direct booker). I have the original cancellation emails that is all

Hi Ann, Besides an email and text from Azamara telling us the cruise was cancelled on 27FEB2014 we have never gotten one piece of correspondence from Azamara.

The credits to my Am Ex card came in strange amounts without explanation, it would have been nice to have received one.

I guess you have to call the UK AZ office again...good luck!

Kathy

I have only had emails and a call from Miami nothing from the UK, however, I didn't book directly with Azamara. I was allocated a point of reference person in Miami, but when I tried to email her, my email was bounced back!

The 2 days refund were returned to my agent and eventually by my persistence refunded to my account. Expenses were refunded directly to the card I had used. I had scanned my receipts and emailed them direct to Miami when I returned form my trip as per their instructions.

With regard to the voucher for future cruise credit, I was told I would receive it direct to my home 4-6 weeks from my return, I'm still waiting.

I believe that Miami customer relations are dealing with everything but it may be different in your case as you booked directly.

I forgot to say that for the 1st time ever (this was my 8th AZ cruise) I received a brochure of future cruises from Azamara UK, no gift .. no surprise!!

I hope you get your refund sorted ASAP :)

We received our 25% future cruise credit by mail several days ago and took them to our TA yesterday to apply to the cruise we booked on board.
Yep. Got ours last Saturday and emailed pictures of them to our TA to apply to final payments for our June cruises.

We received our 25% future cruise credit by mail several days ago and took them to our TA yesterday to apply to the cruise we booked on board.

This was for the 2/17 sailing, not the 3/3 sailing. I have not yet received the 75% for the 3/3 sailing.

This was for the 2/17 sailing, not the 3/3 sailing. I have not yet received the 75% for the 3/3 sailing.

Thanks that puts my mind at rest - and I have just find the note that says the certs are 6-8 weeks from 28/02. Apologies, the brain is well and truly at the other side of the world

Thanks that puts my mind at rest - and I have just find the note that says the certs are 6-8 weeks from 28/02. Apologies, the brain is well and truly at the other side of the world

I'm informed that the Future Cruise Certificates have been produced and will be dispatched to the international offices shortly.

Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience, and of course look forward to welcoming you back aboard!

Bonnie

Received our FCCs today also. The 75% was calculated on the base fare plus the port fees. I've already scanned and sent copies to our TA to be applied to the cruise that we previously booked for next February.

Thank you Azamara.

Received our FCCs today also. The 75% was calculated on the base fare plus the port fees. I've already scanned and sent copies to our TA to be applied to the cruise that we previously booked for next February.

Thank you Azamara.

We also received the 25% FCC about a week ago and just received the 75% one yesterday. Still waiting for the credit for the charges incurred at the hotel in Shanghai. Does anyone know if the travel insurance for the third cruise (purchased independently) will be reimbursed?

We also thank Azamara for the great way this was all handled:)

I'm informed that the Future Cruise Certificates have been produced and will be dispatched to the international offices shortly.

Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience, and of course look forward to welcoming you back aboard!

Bonnie

Since you seem to be an "Official" of ACC, perhaps you can move me in the right direction.

I have just returned home after cruising on the Journey from Hong Kong to Singapore, and am trying to start things rolling with Azamara to recoup my extra expenses on the cancelled cruise.

I received the initial cancellation email plus another that made no sense in response to an email I sent them. The cost of the cruise has been refunded and I have received my 75% coupon but still need to send them invoices for recouping extra costs incurred (flight to H-K & extra baggage charges+ hotel; Chinese visa expense,per deim costs while in Shanghai, etc) . I have emailed and asked for this information, but so far have had no response. HELP PLEASE

Bonnie

It seems most people have received their 75% coupon. I have not. Could you please be so kind as to check on this for me Bonnie. I can be emailed at the link below. Thanks, Joyce St Aubin

Since you seem to be an "Official" of ACC, perhaps you can move me in the right direction.

I have just returned home after cruising on the Journey from Hong Kong to Singapore, and am trying to start things rolling with Azamara to recoup my extra expenses on the cancelled cruise.

I received the initial cancellation email plus another that made no sense in response to an email I sent them. The cost of the cruise has been refunded and I have received my 75% coupon but still need to send them invoices for recouping extra costs incurred (flight to H-K & extra baggage charges+ hotel; Chinese visa expense,per deim costs while in Shanghai, etc) . I have emailed and asked for this information, but so far have had no response. HELP PLEASE

If you go to Post 15 on page one of this thread you can see what to do. Our letter from Azamara also explained the process - find your agent pass that to you.

I have scanned all my receipts for the out of pocket expenses I believe Azamara should cover that are not covered by my travel insurance and have emailed them to them. As I only did that recently because I too have been travelling, I have yet to have a response but hope it will not be too long

Dear Moti, Joyce, et.al.

All I can do in this matter is reiterate the instructions posted much earlier, as UKTOG points out. I'm unable to help each of you recover your expenses. Best to ask your agent to do that. If you're hesitant to do that, here is what was posted at the time. I'm sure it'll all be made right, eventually.

Bonnie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clients who booked their air transportation through Azamara Club Cruises will receive a full refund. If you did not purchase air transportation through Azamara Club Cruises, we will assist by paying for any airline change fee, up to $500 per person. We suggest that guests whose airfare change fee exceeds $500 contact their travel insurance provider for additional assistance.

Additionally, if you purchased a visa for the March 3 sailing, we will provide you with a refund of that fee. Guests should send a copy of the receipt for the airline change fee and visa, along with a brief note explaining that they were booked on the March 3, sailing of Azamara Journey to the following address:

Azamara Club Cruises, Customer Service – JR March 3, 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132-2096. Please ensure that you include full name and reservation number with their receipts. Guests may also or scan their receipts and e-mail them to AzamaraGuestRelations@AzamaraClubCruises.com

If you have already traveled to Shanghai, we will work with you directly to get back home.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this unexpected development and its impact on you vacation. As always, we thank you for your ongoing support of Azamara Club Cruses.

Sincerely,

Azamara Club Cruises

• 2 weeks later...

Future Cruise Credits received today. Ours was based on the Cruise Fare only less discounts for Advanced booking and Onboard booking.

They were mailed to our P O Box in spite of the fact that we are forced to book through a TA.

Future Cruise Credits received today. Ours was based on the Cruise Fare only less discounts for Advanced booking and Onboard booking.

They were mailed to our P O Box in spite of the fact that we are forced to book through a TA.

Ours were also mailed to our home address even though we used a TA for the two far east cruises.

Hi utog

We did not lose our miles; they were redeposited automatically to our account with American Air. They might charge you a fee to redeposit, but you are due from Azamara $500 per person for fees to cancel your flights. Also check to see if your airline ever changed the time of any of your flights. You can call and ask also. If, in fact the miles were lost, Azamara should reimburse you the cost of your miles to purchase them. Also, With American and others, a schedule change allows one to cancel with no fee. Because I don't get immediate notice of a new posting on cruise critic, you can e mail me for more info: gailhraznov@gmail.com

At a certain point, I will share what we claimed, how we did it, and how satisfied we are. So far, things are very positive. Note that we were already in Shanghai when we learned of the cancellation. We had bought trip insurance through insuremytrip.com and used miles both ways to travel. No Choice air. I strongly urge any of you having problems with claims to consult the website http://www.elliott.org and check the items on the top right.