Oasis Dry Dock?? Changes?

I would do a search, but since the search function is not available right now, I started a new thread.

I know WHEN Oasis is going into dry dock, but has anyone heard WHAT - if anything - is going to be changed? I know that they will be doing maintenance and behind the scenes type stuff, but I am wondering it there are going to be any 'front of the house' type changes?

Royal Caribbean hasn't said much. So there is a lot of speculation, but nothing certain.

I think for the most part, it will be cosmetic- carpeting, etc...

Perhaps some minor venue changes. This is all speculative, but maybe the Solarium will offer Samba Grill at night instead of Solarium Bistro. Perhaps a change to The Seafood Shack, which has had a tepid response at best. Personally, I would doubt we would see virtual balconies a-la Quantum and the recent refit. But I could be wrong.

No word on major changes to production shows (i.e. it sounds like Hairspray will continue).

But then again, RCI loves to play it close to the vest, so maybe the ship will come back with a new neon green paint scheme!

• 2 months later...
Royal Caribbean hasn't said much. So there is a lot of speculation, but nothing certain.

I think for the most part, it will be cosmetic- carpeting, etc...

Perhaps some minor venue changes. This is all speculative, but maybe the Solarium will offer Samba Grill at night instead of Solarium Bistro. Perhaps a change to The Seafood Shack, which has had a tepid response at best. Personally, I would doubt we would see virtual balconies a-la Quantum and the recent refit. But I could be wrong.

No word on major changes to production shows (i.e. it sounds like Hairspray will continue).

But then again, RCI loves to play it close to the vest, so maybe the ship will come back with a new neon green paint scheme!

Neon green? Sweet! :D

Would be nice if they would put in a Boardwalk Dog House:D

RCL are you listening??

Only if they would steam the buns...very disappointed in the Dog House on ROS ... and apparently so were many other's as it was usually not a "hot spot".

Also neither was the Crab Shack on Oasis...maybe they will consider the change to more of what they are doing with Rita's Cantina currently on the ROS....Rita's Crabshack...looks great..but maybe it's an Alaska itinerary thing. :p

I'm hoping for a Boardwalk Dog House too. Really enjoyed it on Allure, much better than the expanded doughnut venue on Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I'm surprised to see people like the dog house. It was always empty on Allure last week. I never tried it, didn't look appealing at all.

I'm sure if they replace anything, another "pay" venue will take the place. The way they are heading, I can't imagine them adding another free venue.

I'm surprised to see people like the dog house. It was always empty on Allure last week. I never tried it, didn't look appealing at all.

I'm sure if they replace anything, another "pay" venue will take the place. The way they are heading, I can't imagine them adding another free venue.

Funny what a difference a week makes. Dog House was jumpin' this past week on Allure!

As weird as this might sound if prices are the same I would pick the Allure over Oasis based on the Dog House:p:eek:

Next year we are going on Oasis over Allure as the Oasis is $250 less. The hot dogs are NOT that good!!!

Edited by molly361

I'd be disappointed if they replaced a seafood place with hot dogs. I'm looking forward to eating at the seafood shack when we go on Oasis 2 weeks from Saturday.

No, they're different spaces on the Boardwalk. It would be replacing the Donut Shop, not the Seafood Shack.

I'd be disappointed if they replaced a seafood place with hot dogs. I'm looking forward to eating at the seafood shack when we go on Oasis 2 weeks from Saturday.

Well, you would get it. Changes are being made in Oct.

About the only official announcement I have heard about the Oasis is the change from "Hairspray" to "Cats" as the Broadway Show on board. I think we all know that primarily the dry dock work to be performed is the standard 5 year maintenance issues. If there are any other changes planned Royal has yet to let the "cats" out of the bag! :D

About the only official announcement I have heard about the Oasis is the change from "Hairspray" to "Cats" as the Broadway Show on board. I think we all know that primarily the dry dock work to be performed is the standard 5 year maintenance issues. If there are any other changes planned Royal has yet to let the "cats" out of the bag! :D

OR Who let the dogs out!!!:p