Trying to call RCCL!

I can't get through to speak with someone about my current reservation. I need to confirm our OBC from our credit card and confirm they received the fax that I can cruise because I am pregnant. I have never had to wait this long. What is going on!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can't get through to speak with someone about my current reservation. I need to confirm our OBC from our credit card and confirm they received the fax that I can cruise because I am pregnant. I have never had to wait this long. What is going on!?

There is a kids sail free sale going on.

Just call C&A instead. Little or no hold time. 800-526-9723

Maybe so, but that really isn't a good excuse. Long wait times engender bad feelings!

You would prefer...what? That they hire more employees than they need on a regular basis thus forcing them to raise prices or hang up on other people so they can answer your call?

Long waits are unfortunate but if it is so upsetting that it creates "bad feelings" then perhaps there are bigger issues at play. Put your cell on speaker, set it down and go about your day. They'll pick up.

Call or e-mail C&A. How long were you on hold? I called the other night and they said the wait time was at least 30 minutes. It was more like 15 and I just put the phone on speaker and picked it up when someone answered. The 3rd and 4th passenger free deals are making wait times longer. When do you sail? Can you try calling first thing in the morning?

I just waited about 10-12 to speak with someone but she is having trouble with trying to make a change for me and it has been 30 minutes now and i am back on hold.

She said they have been busy with the sale but she is having fun finding people great prices with the sale :)

Wish me luck. Trying to upgrade a cabin on my upcoming cruise.

I've tried to call several times the past couple of weeks and just gave up due to the long hold times. I just held for 30+ minutes and was then disconnected (accidently). I'm back in queue trying to take advantage of the large price drop on an upcoming cruise. It is frustrating but if I can get the $300 price drop it will be worth it.

Currently still on hold after 35 minutes (excuse me 33 minutes....my phone keeps track. Calling because the website is telling me I owe over $2000 for final payment and actual amount is way less than $1,000. Website right now will not take me to login page. It goes directly to the customer service page about how to contact them.

Not sure I want to hang up and call C and A directly. I've got to be getting close by now, right?

Merion Mom, thanks for posting the phone number for C and A. If I don't get through soon I will call them.

Why do you need to fax them that you are pregnant? Just bring a letter from your OB stating your due dare and that you are fit to travel (assuming you are under the weeks along they allow). That's all I did. Just showed the letter at boarding when they asked for it (I was clearly showing).

Don't email. It can take days before they respond and when they do, they give you the 800 number to call them. I called them last week regarding my OBC and got someone on the line right away and she was very helpful. I called around 1:00 pm. Maybe it is less busier then.

My business has 4 toll free numbers coming into it. The numbers each terminate onto 3 different lines. In other words, our phone system handles 3 calls on each 800 number without any busy signals. 90% of the time, my 4 phone people handle the calls without anyone being put on hold.

Once in a while we will have 8 calls for 4 people to answer. We put 4 on hold. Sometimes we end up with a stupid person that needs us to repeat the information 4 or 5 times so their call takes 20 minutes instead of our average of 4 minutes.

Sorry, that makes for long wait times on occasion. We teach classroom driver improvement classes. We also get people who call and want to know what types of chairs we have, how thick the cushioning is, whether they contain any latex. WHAT COLOR THEY ARE (they want to coordinate their wardrobe), how many restroom stalls there are, what brand of TP we use, what brand of vacuum cleaner we use (they won't go unless we use a Dyson), etc. These calls take forever and others have to wait.

BTW, these are the same types of questions we see here on CC, imagine what the cruise phone reps get? Then add in people who want a price reduction because their cruise price dropped by a dollar.

I think Royal does the best they can. As a business you do not want to have 100 phone reps, when 90% of the time they only need 60. That would be a waste of money. During busy times, there will just be wait times.

Sat on hold (speaker) last night while we ate dinner, and then did the dishes. Finally hung up. This was the second time I had to hang up after a very long wait. I'll wait for the sale to be over before trying again.

I called yesterday 4 times and was hung up on each time (accidental I am sure). After over an hour of this, I decided to try the C&A line, even though I have never cruised with RCCL before. Got right in, and they transferred me to the regular line straight to a rep.

I think they have wonderful customer service, just a tad overwhelmed right now.

I sat on hold for 2 hours last night and gave up. Called back tonight and was on hold for about 1-1/2 hours before saving almost $1000 on 2 cabins. Well worth it :):) They had to cancel our first reservations and reenter everything. It did take a while for that but all happy in the end.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Forums mobile app

Currently still on hold after 35 minutes (excuse me 33 minutes....my phone keeps track. Calling because the website is telling me I owe over $2000 for final payment and actual amount is way less than $1,000. Website right now will not take me to login page. It goes directly to the customer service page about how to contact them.

Not sure I want to hang up and call C and A directly. I've got to be getting close by now, right?

Merion Mom, thanks for posting the phone number for C and A. If I don't get through soon I will call them.

This is a new experience, I'm quoting me! Got through after 42 minutes on hold and after about another half hour (some on hold waiting for Resolutions) everything is OK.

My RCI rep, Claire, was great and now I'm a happy cruiser again.:D